Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:43:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18
Author Topic: Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.  (Read 27350 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2017, 03:45:06 PM »

Oh neat, a cartoon to prove your point. You've convinced me, and all it took was Scooby-dooby-doo!
The purpose of the post was not to convince you but to mock you

The whole 'Russia worked with Trump to interfere in the election' narrative is completely falling apart.

There was the breathless reports that US security agencies were so concerned about Trump links to Russia that they were survelling and wiretapping his campaign. After Trump made his accusations on Twitter at the weekend James Comey and James Clapper rushed out to say that there was no such spying and every liberal news outlet exclaimed there was no evidence for it. Well if there was no such spying that suggests that they weren't much concerned about it.

Then we have various reports of people meeting with the Russian ambassador, reports that invariably turn out to be complete nothing burgers.

Finally the one bit of evidence for 'Russian interference for Trump' narrative that actually seemed to have some evidence behind it, the so called 'fingerprints' of Russian hacking it turns out coyukd have easily been faked by the CIA (or possibly by agents of other governments with motives for doing this)

If people still believe this nonsense Russia and Trump worked together to hack the election propaganda narrative after all this evidence has fallen apart then they deserve mockery and I am mocking them.
Again are you high or stupid because the argument the CAiA sabatoged Hillary in order to sabatoge Trump is moronic an should be mocked
Roll Eyes
I don't know about EnglishPete, but I am going to a Willie Nelson concert tonight so it's best I respond to whatever I feel like arguing against tomorrow Tongue
Mike88
Junior Chimp
Portugal

« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2017, 05:34:44 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Grin Grin Grin
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2017, 05:36:33 PM »

I think Trump's inner circle is running scared. Carson, Wikileaks, now Pence backing up Carson, all since Trump launched Idiotgate with the tweets about wiretapps. They are desperate to drag the media and the public off the scent. I don't think Trump is smart enough for that, but his personal advisers are, and this reeks of Trump-camp flavored desperation.

And I can't see why, if there was truly nothing there, they could just sit back and let all their enemies waste the next three month screaming in public about non-existent Russian connections. Even Trump's tender ego should be able to take that. He could make weekly speeches that were equal mixes of pleasant sounding nonsense (like his not-SotU) and denouncing his enemies for the ridiculous lies.

I grow more convinced every day that, from the Big Cheeto on down, there really was some sort of back-channel deal with Russia. Maybe about the emails, maybe blackmail, maybe some old or new bribe, maybe even just a plan made in good faith but with terrible optics.  But there's no reason to lie, twist, cover, and do themselves so much damage otherwise. Even if they all are complete idiots.

This is the bottom line. Anyone who wants to conveniently overlook this behavior is blind.

Yep.

There's something fishy, but Trump supporters are ignoring it. But you know they would be the first ones screaming had Hillary won and all this stuff with Russia started coming out that they helped her win. They are the opposite of patriots.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2017, 05:44:59 PM »

lmao. It's even funnier in Portuguese. I love the code switching in it too.
EnglishPete

« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2017, 07:26:44 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2017, 07:33:17 PM by EnglishPete »

I think Trump's inner circle is running scared. Carson, Wikileaks, now Pence backing up Carson, all since Trump launched Idiotgate with the tweets about wiretapps. They are desperate to drag the media and the public off the scent. I don't think Trump is smart enough for that, but his personal advisers are, and this reeks of Trump-camp flavored desperation.

And I can't see why, if there was truly nothing there, they could just sit back and let all their enemies waste the next three month screaming in public about non-existent Russian connections. Even Trump's tender ego should be able to take that. He could make weekly speeches that were equal mixes of pleasant sounding nonsense (like his not-SotU) and denouncing his enemies for the ridiculous lies.

I grow more convinced every day that, from the Big Cheeto on down, there really was some sort of back-channel deal with Russia. Maybe about the emails, maybe blackmail, maybe some old or new bribe, maybe even just a plan made in good faith but with terrible optics.  But there's no reason to lie, twist, cover, and do themselves so much damage otherwise. Even if they all are complete idiots.

This is the bottom line. Anyone who wants to conveniently overlook this behavior is blind.

Yep.

There's something fishy, but Trump supporters are ignoring it. But you know they would be the first ones screaming had Hillary won and all this stuff with Russia started coming out that they helped her win. They are the opposite of patriots.
Except nothing of the kind has come out. The one bit of evidence that points to anything is the Russian 'signature' on the hacks. However as has recently been shown such hacking 'signatures'can be mimicked by the CIA themselves (an indeed the US isn't the only country whose agents have the capacity to engage in this specific type of deception).

All the reports about CIA/FBI etc 'investigations' into Trump have said they came up with absolutely nothing.

Given the total lack of evidence for these claim I see the latest line from the Dem trolls is "But all these Trump people lied about contact with Russia" no they didn't

Flynn rather stupidly lied about this, probably because he couldn't be bothered to explain to all the hysterics screeching about Russia that this was a perfectly proper part of his job.

Sessions was asked the question about campaign contacts with Russia. He truthfully confirmed he had had no such contacts. He was not asked about meetings that were part of his job as Senator.

I see the latest one is Trump being criticised for failing to mention shaking hands with the ambassador at a reception, as though a handshake is a 'meeting' and he's supposed to remember every mfer he's had such 'meetings' with over the course of the year.

Don't the red avatar people here get embarrassed at endless hyping this nonsense?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #255 on: March 08, 2017, 11:22:09 PM »

to the surprise of no one...hannity agrees.

Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #256 on: March 08, 2017, 11:33:49 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2017, 11:38:01 PM by Virginia »

Of course he does. Hannity just sticks his finger in the air and sees which way the wind is blowing, and right now it is blowing towards blaming the CIA and this is just the latest in a long line of excuses being peddled on the right.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #257 on: March 09, 2017, 08:46:56 AM »

Your people are in power and you're still peddling conspiracy theories?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #258 on: March 09, 2017, 09:14:11 AM »
« Edited: March 09, 2017, 09:15:43 AM by Clay »

All they have are conspiracy theories.  It's what they do.

"There's something going on...."

Benghazi.

Hillary having secret lesbian love affairs.

The Vince Foster suicide really being a murder perpetrated by the Clinton's (along with other deaths).

PizzaGate.

Obama created ISIS.

Obama is a Muslim.

Obama was not born in the U.S.

The Clinton's have a sex slave island.

Trump would've won the popular vote if not for millions of illegal votes being cast.

Obama wiretapped Trump Tower.

Hillary Clinton is extremely ill (coughing fits; near collapse). (Also see: Hillary has a body double.)

You know what none of these conspiracy theories have? Evidence.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #259 on: March 09, 2017, 10:06:10 AM »

Your people are in power and you're still peddling conspiracy theories?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/838471621136494593
EnglishPete

« Reply #260 on: March 09, 2017, 10:52:48 AM »

You know what none of these conspiracy theories have? Evidence.
You mean like the 'Trump conspired with Putin to steal the election' evidence free conspiracy theory?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #261 on: March 09, 2017, 11:04:35 AM »

ke the 'Trump conspired with Putin to steal the election' evidence free conspiracy theory?

the russians themselves said they cooperated with the trump campaign to see trump win. doesn't mean the HACKED VOTING MACHINES!!!...or something like that.
EnglishPete

« Reply #262 on: March 09, 2017, 11:14:23 AM »

ke the 'Trump conspired with Putin to steal the election' evidence free conspiracy theory?

the russians themselves said they cooperated with the trump campaign to see trump win.
Citation needed
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #263 on: March 09, 2017, 11:20:33 AM »

didn't think it to be necessary since this is old news and everybody should know about it but anyway...

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/world/europe/trump-campaign-russia.html

russians: we communicated  and cooperated all the time with the trump campaign.

miss hicks: no one ever talked with foreign representatives!!!!!

some things never change.
EnglishPete

« Reply #264 on: March 09, 2017, 12:24:16 PM »

didn't think it to be necessary since this is old news and everybody should know about it but anyway...

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/world/europe/trump-campaign-russia.html

russians: we communicated  and cooperated all the time with the trump campaign.
Read the article more carefully next time. It says that the Russians said that they had multiple communications with the Trump campaign. It also says that it's normal for Presidential campaigns to have such contacts. In fact its the job of foreign embassies to establish such contacts with potential administrations. There's nothing in the article that suggests that such contacts went beyond a few routine phone calls and some handshakes and smalltalk at various receptions, which we already know about.

There's nothing in the article that says that such communication was happening 'all the time'. There's nothing there that claims or even implies that the Russians were 'co-operating' with the Trump campaign and certainly nothing that claims or implies that they were cooperating to help Trump win.

You're so desperate to believe this Trump/Russia conspiracy theory that you read into a story or a quote a whole bunch of things that just aren't there.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #265 on: March 09, 2017, 12:30:45 PM »

once again.. trump's team lied about those contacts...make of it what you want.

you are giving better explanations than team trump...think about the reasons for that.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #266 on: March 09, 2017, 12:33:45 PM »

you are giving better explanations than team trump...think about the reasons for that.
EnglishPete: Oh what politican doesn't lie about secret meetings. What a nothingburger
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #267 on: March 09, 2017, 01:45:02 PM »

That our intelligence agencies are saying it happened is evidence in itself.

But anyway, I agree that an investigation is very much needed. If it turns out to be completely false, then awesome and we have nothing to worry about. But if it turns out to be true, as our intelligence agencies are saying, well then that's a huge deal.

Either way, the accusations are there, and they are being backed by reputable sources, meaning that an investigation into the matter is required. If you don't agree with that, then you don't actually care at all about national security or preserving the sanctity of our elections.
EnglishPete

« Reply #268 on: March 09, 2017, 01:55:09 PM »

No they didn't, I just quote what I wrote on the last page of this thread as you seem to have missed it

"Flynn rather stupidly lied about this, probably because he couldn't be bothered to explain to all the hysterics screeching about Russia that this was a perfectly proper part of his job.

Sessions was asked the question about campaign contacts with Russia. He truthfully confirmed he had had no such contacts. He was not asked about meetings that were part of his job as Senator.

I see the latest one is Trump being criticised for failing to mention shaking hands with the ambassador at a reception, as though a handshake is a 'meeting' and he's supposed to remember every mfer he's had such 'meetings' with over the course of the year.

Don't the red avatar people here get embarrassed at endless hyping this nonsense?"

If you pay attention you'll notice that I'm giving exactly the same explanations as the Trump team. You just haven't wanted to hear those explanations.
EnglishPete

« Reply #269 on: March 09, 2017, 02:17:07 PM »

But anyway, I agree that an investigation is very much needed. If it turns out to be completely false, then awesome and we have nothing to worry about. But if it turns out to be true, as our intelligence agencies are saying, well then that's a huge deal.

Either way, the accusations are there, and they are being backed by reputable sources, meaning that an investigation into the matter is required. If you don't agree with that, then you don't actually care at all about national security or preserving the sanctity of our elections.
Well the DNC/Podesta hacks/leaks clearly happened. That merits investigation. The claim that the Russians did it has been made and that merits investigation, although the claim has been highly contested amongst experts, as mentioned in this article below

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/09/house-committee-russian-hacking-includes-only-dnc-hired-tech-experts/

But lets leave that matter to one side for the moment. Even if it was established that Russia was behind the hacks, which is far from being proven at all, that still wouldn't prove that Trump or his campaign had any connection to the hacks. To prove that it would need to be established that there were illegal communications and co-ordination between Russia and the Trump team. There has been zero evidence presented that has even suggested this is true. The intelligence agencies certainly haven't presented evidence for this claim. On the contrary people like Comey and Clapper have just spent the last week rushing out to say that no such evidence has been found.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #270 on: March 09, 2017, 07:21:57 PM »

Well the DNC/Podesta hacks/leaks clearly happened. That merits investigation. The claim that the Russians did it has been made and that merits investigation, although the claim has been highly contested amongst experts, as mentioned in this article below

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/09/house-committee-russian-hacking-includes-only-dnc-hired-tech-experts/

But lets leave that matter to one side for the moment. Even if it was established that Russia was behind the hacks, which is far from being proven at all, that still wouldn't prove that Trump or his campaign had any connection to the hacks. To prove that it would need to be established that there were illegal communications and co-ordination between Russia and the Trump team. There has been zero evidence presented that has even suggested this is true. The intelligence agencies certainly haven't presented evidence for this claim. On the contrary people like Comey and Clapper have just spent the last week rushing out to say that no such evidence has been found.

Breitbart isn't a legitimate source. Try harder. I would even accept Fox News, but if all you're using is an alt-right and racist website that shows absolute favoritism for all things Trump then no thanks, I can't take you seriously.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #271 on: March 09, 2017, 07:37:57 PM »

Breitbart isn't a legitimate source. Try harder. I would even accept Fox News, but if all you're using is an alt-right and racist website that shows absolute favoritism for all things Trump then no thanks, I can't take you seriously.

Come on, man. Would you do that to the Intercept?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #272 on: March 09, 2017, 07:58:24 PM »

the intercept is another holier-than-thou site but its influence is on a muuuuuuuuuuuuuch smaller level.
EnglishPete

« Reply #273 on: March 09, 2017, 08:19:33 PM »

Breitbart isn't a legitimate source.
I'm sure they'll be devastated that you don't consider them a legitimate news source

No, I've demonstrated rather well that you fervent faith in this Trump/Russia conspiracy theory isn't justified by the evidence without needing to try any harder.

LOL. A foaming at the mouth Trump hater has declared he doesn't take me seriously, oh woe is me.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #274 on: March 09, 2017, 08:39:44 PM »

BREAKING: EVIDENCE THAT OBAMA WIRE TAPPED TRUMP:

Serious video leak
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length