Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:02:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18
Author Topic: Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.  (Read 27309 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: March 04, 2017, 09:18:19 PM »

i agree that trump WOULD be able to confirm this one but he usually doesn't care about such possibilities if inforwars or breitbart are posting it.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #126 on: March 04, 2017, 09:54:41 PM »

Trumpy's just old and angry and lashing out. These tweets are him trying to “counterpunch.” They're ridiculous tweets but he got them from Breitbart/Levin, which is why he tweeted at 5 AM, rather than an actual White House briefing. Someone told him in a phone call or a cable show carried it and here we are.

I'd like to imagine him scrolling the news at 5 am on his phone in a bathrobe and then firing off tweets but he's probably too old to learn that stuff.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2017, 10:45:52 PM »

Do the Trumpsters care that Trump never has proof to back up all his wild claims?

I think Trump must have the cards on this one.

It will come out that the FBI or CIA were listening in on Trump before the election.

Perfectly reasonable if you think about it. Trump needs to relax.

I think I'm going to have to call you one of the Trump minion alternative thinkers. Sorry but there is no evidence that Obama ever rolled that way. The guy had ethics and class. As for KingCon, well...not so much.
Trapsy

« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2017, 01:29:48 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/03/trump-white-house-shopping-for-technology-to-plug-leaks/
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #129 on: March 05, 2017, 01:36:55 AM »

I'm not super familiar with the mechanisms that have been used for leaks, but isn't there only so much you can do within the White House itself? What's to stop a staffer going home and e-mailing someone in the press with their home computer?
Trapsy

« Reply #130 on: March 05, 2017, 01:38:41 AM »

I'm not super familiar with the mechanisms that have been used for leaks, but isn't there only so much you can do within the White House itself? What's to stop a staffer going home and e-mailing someone in the press with their home computer?

I stumped upon this article but its just funny considering the paranoia surrounding Trump.
Trapsy

« Reply #131 on: March 05, 2017, 01:39:26 AM »

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #132 on: March 05, 2017, 04:18:44 AM »

Well, "hope and change" did increase the NSA's destruction of the 4th amendment right before leaving office.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/01/obama-expanding-nsa-powers/513041/
EnglishPete

« Reply #133 on: March 05, 2017, 04:55:20 AM »

As for points 3 and 4 this report appeared in Reuters in November

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-security-intelligence-idUSKBN13E0SF
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2017, 05:30:43 AM »

LOL, as already pointed out, he just tries to (but fails) distract from the fact that his so-called administration is in deep trouble. But it won't work.
EnglishPete

« Reply #135 on: March 05, 2017, 06:25:33 AM »

LOL, as already pointed out, he just tries to (but fails) distract from the fact that his so-called administration is in deep trouble. But it won't work.
Its working just fine.
EnglishPete

« Reply #136 on: March 05, 2017, 06:58:34 AM »

Latest tweets from the President

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/838351476401520640

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/838353481526312961
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #137 on: March 05, 2017, 07:42:02 AM »

Why is the Donald copying the failed Hillary playbook? As she so convincingly demonstrated, "the other guy is worse" doesn't work politically when your own name is mud. Surely he could find something better to distract people from the fact that his revised immigration EO is a couple weeks late from when he promised it would be ready. May I suggest the following as the meme for the Trump presidency?

Nobody knew ________ could be so complicated.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2017, 07:49:24 AM »

Anyway, two wrongs don't make a right.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2017, 09:09:17 AM »

Why is the Donald copying the failed Hillary playbook? As she so convincingly demonstrated, "the other guy is worse" doesn't work politically when your own name is mud. Surely he could find something better to distract people from the fact that his revised immigration EO is a couple weeks late from when he promised it would be ready. May I suggest the following as the meme for the Trump presidency?

Nobody knew ________ could be so complicated.

Pussygrabber is running scared. Cowardice from a coward is not a surprise. But it says there is something he's hiding.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #140 on: March 05, 2017, 09:26:36 AM »

Spicer: WH/President will not comment further until "politically motivated investigations" are looked into by Congress alongside Russian influence

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/838386005459763200 (1/4 in a thread)
EnglishPete

« Reply #141 on: March 05, 2017, 10:20:25 AM »
« Edited: March 05, 2017, 10:22:44 AM by EnglishPete »

Spicer: WH/President will not comment further until "politically motivated investigations" are looked into by Congress alongside Russian influence

In other words:

President Trump says he will not comment further on wiretap claims until Congress do something he knows they won't do

Why wouldn't the Congressional Intelligence Committees widen there investigation to cover the possible abuse of executive branch investigative powers? A very serious accusation has been made by the sitting President about the previous President concerning the misuse of intelligence gathering powers. They can't very well pretend that that hasn't happened and that they are not willing to find out the truth of the matter. Interesting essay here from yesterday that spells out the issue

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/yes-obama-could-be-prosecuted-if-involved-with-illegal-surveillance/

These are very serious issues and I don't know why you think the Congressional Committees will think they can simply ignore them.
EnglishPete

« Reply #142 on: March 05, 2017, 10:30:40 AM »

In other words:

President Trump says he will not comment further on wiretap claims until Congress do something he knows they won't do

Essay today in the 'National Review'

Full article here http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/445504/obama-camp-disingenuous-denials-fisa-surveillance-trump
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #143 on: March 05, 2017, 11:03:26 AM »

Honestly, nothing. Could also meet media in, say, a parking garage at night
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2017, 11:42:58 AM »

See, the thing is, one might not be able to come across "powerful evidence" without further investigation. Not every investigation begins with such evidence. If there is a compelling reason to believe that a presidential candidate could be involved with a foreign power in a nefarious way, I think there is an obligation on the part of our intelligence services to find out the truth in a way that doesn't damage the candidate in the event there is nothing there. I'm sorry, but just because he is running for office doesn't mean he is exempt from investigations into wrongdoing. Especially in this case, where if he won, he would have control over these very agencies and the Department of Justice. It is simply too risky to let slide for partisan purposes. And yes, this applies to any party and any candidate.

This article tries to indirectly make the case that so long as you are running for president, you can do anything you want and have investigations into your conduct prohibited unless you are essentially caught red handed. BS. It is not lost on me the risks of this kind of investigatory behavior and that we can't have presidential elections where one party investigates the other, but we also can't have presidents vulnerable to or willing to acquiesce to foreign powers - particularly ones like Russia. Obama saw the risks here, and no doubt he looked at Congress and saw a body of politicians that, if remained intact, would be highly unwilling to investigate Trump for anything. So far, the extreme resistance to investigating Trump's conflicts of interests and other issues proves this, especially when we were able to see just years ago how eager the GOP was to investigate Obama and future presidential candidate Clinton for everything and anything. So I don't want to hear about biased partisan investigations. Give me a break.

The best option would have been for the GOP to not nominate someone like Trump and put us in this situation, but that obviously was not the case.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #145 on: March 05, 2017, 12:05:14 PM »

WH put out a statement that all but confirms Trump pulled this out of his butt https://mobile.twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/838387850806759424
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2017, 12:13:07 PM »

To quote Virginia's sig:

hopper
United States

« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2017, 12:19:23 PM »

The claims by Trump that Obama(as Trump put it) or Obama's NSA people hacked Trump Tower seem Nixon-Esque to me. It kind of sounds Mafioso in a way as well.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2017, 12:22:12 PM »

These are very serious issues and I don't know why you think the Congressional Committees will think they can simply ignore them.
Because even the Republican Jacobins of Congress will need something more than a Trump tweet to do something. The Donald has spewed so much fake news of late that without evidence backing up what he says, no one should believe it.  It's sad, but it's his own fault for reading Breitbart in the early morning and tweeting without doing any fact checking first.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2017, 12:27:21 PM »

Why wouldn't the Congressional Intelligence Committees widen there investigation to cover the possible abuse of executive branch investigative powers? A very serious accusation has been made by the sitting President about the previous President concerning the misuse of intelligence gathering powers. They can't very well pretend that that hasn't happened and that they are not willing to find out the truth of the matter. Interesting essay here from yesterday that spells out the issue

Can't they though? Yes, the sitting president has made a very serious accusation against the previous president? So what? The "very serious" accusation was made in the form of a 5am twitter rant that provided no evidence, sources, or arguments in favor of the sitting president's position. If Trump isn't even willing to elaborate on what on Earth he was talking about, then why should any congressional committees take him seriously? Congress does not exist to launch a witch hunt into every conspiracy theory President Trump blurts out. Should the congressional intelligence committees be investigating that massacre in Sweden? Maybe Rafael Cruz's involvement in the Kennedy assassination? Might as well investigate Obama's birth certificate while they're at it since Trump said it after all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies