Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:43:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Author Topic: Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.  (Read 27299 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2017, 06:43:07 PM »

KingCon, Mental Illness in action.
EnglishPete

« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2017, 06:46:16 PM »

A ha! That Slate article is the one referenced in the Heatstreet article whih talked about the first and second FISA wiretapping requests

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://heatst.com/world/exclusive-fbi-granted-fisa-warrant-covering-trump-camps-ties-to-russia/
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2017, 07:05:10 PM »

like all others too, FBI chief Comey asks the justice department to reject Trump's claims.

Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/05/us/politics/trump-seeks-inquiry-into-allegations-that-obama-tapped-his-phones.html?smprod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share

If only the FBI Director had the means to release a public letter of some sort...
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2017, 07:18:53 PM »

Knowing how full of paranoia Trump is, I foresee the country having to waste a lot of money on investigations into his mentally unstable musings. Sad, really.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2017, 07:20:55 PM »

Senator Ben Sasse is calling on Trump to present evidence:

"We are in the midst of a civilization-warping crisis of public trust" says the Republican Senator.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #180 on: March 05, 2017, 07:26:59 PM »

nobody actually believes this right

not even trump

you have to be Mark Levin stupid.
EnglishPete

« Reply #181 on: March 05, 2017, 08:02:07 PM »

not even trump

Roll Eyes
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #182 on: March 05, 2017, 08:16:55 PM »

not even trump

Roll Eyes
No one counts you
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #183 on: March 05, 2017, 09:03:55 PM »

Poor baby.  Expect some good tweets when you wake up tomorrow.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #184 on: March 05, 2017, 09:34:57 PM »

This is South American style government on full display here. We haven't seen conspiracy theory mongering like this since Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #185 on: March 05, 2017, 09:53:17 PM »
« Edited: March 05, 2017, 10:19:51 PM by Ghost of Ruin »

Jake Tapper just now on twitter:

So Trump has zero evidence he was wiretapped. He got the story completely from Breitbart/Levin. This man's stupidity knows no bounds.

So, it's basically the same thing as the "last night in Sweden" stuff.

Trump distrusts the intelligence agencies. So, instead of getting his information from them he chooses to watch Fox News and read Breitbart. And since Fox News and Breitbart only say good things about him and his administration they must be reliable sources, right? So, when he sees something on Fox News or Breitbart he agrees with, he assumes that it must be true. And then he writes about it on Twitter...

Not quite. It's not a matter of trust. It's that he cannot take criticism. At all.

So he denies any reality where criticism of him has any validity.

When Pussygrabber says "fake news" it's not a ploy, not some clever tactic in a chess game of influence. It's that he is so insane that he really thinks its fake. He confuses protesters with cheering crowds. He doesn't have a clue what he's doing, or how government or the real world work.

To add to this, my median take on what's really going on runs something like this:

Trump, and his team did have some direct and indirect contact with the Russian government. They didn't see anything wrong with what they were doing, and certainly weren't actively contemplating it as treason or anything like that. They probably figured, at most, that it was like similar moves by Nixon or Reagan. That they might accidentally stumble into one or more felonies, or that their actions might be revealed and seen negatively never crossed their minds.

Then Russia stuff starts to leak (more), because the Trump administration is like a steel trap: rusty, and full of rats. And rather than dealing with it in any effective manner, they delayed, and evaded, and fumbled. Because they're incompetent, and scared that they're guilty (certainly of something, if not this), and unable to admit either one, even to themselves. So the media became a hungry pack of wolves, on the scent of fearful and bleeding prey. Minor (but real) transgressions get hyped, questionable looking actions get lots of attention and spin, and the wolves keep their eyes on the target, who just keeps bleeding.

And Trump being Trump (stupid, narcissistic, inflexible, thin-skinned, etc), he cannot wrap his head around the idea that stuff he and his people have done looks questionable, that his campaign may have actually broken the law, or that anyone could offer any valid criticism on Russian contacts or anything else. So he starts to build a counter-narrative, to explain away what he cannot ignore.

He was already leaning towards "plot by Obama" to excuse his flaming crap-wagon of an administration. (That he's a terrible match for the jobs of POTUS would never enter his demented and deluded brain.) And then along comes the piece by Levin through Breitbart (or Fox, or wherever he got it) - Obama pulled a Watergate on him! It all makes sense now! Of course its not the worthless fake press or the feeble Dems in Congress who are thwarting him, it's an evil conspiracy by the previous Most Powerful Man In The World! It's probably exactly what Trump would want to do to any successor he didn't like, so of course it's a conspiracy masterminded by the President of the United States, acting in concert with the intelligence agencies who hate him and pretend he's an idiot because he's smarter than they are. Nothing less could explain why the Mighty Trump Train has been barely able to stay on the track, much less make any progress!

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #186 on: March 05, 2017, 11:11:32 PM »

Jim Comey is trying to prove he isn't Trump's bitch:

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #187 on: March 05, 2017, 11:14:35 PM »

He knows it's false as far as the FBI goes and this will get out eventually. If it was something that he thought could be kept hidden he would never have made this statement.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #188 on: March 05, 2017, 11:21:06 PM »

mister comey is allied only to himself, he plays a "house of cards"-like role, which - to be fair - coulb be a necessity for that job in the first place.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #189 on: March 06, 2017, 12:02:21 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2017, 12:08:59 AM by Badger »

This is a man who has believed every conspiracy theory about Obama that he has ever heard.
It's funny that this thread has more personal attacks on the messenger because the other side is still trying to form a consensus: is Trump a lying idiot who is simply making this up? Or is it true and should be defended as a good thing?

Either way, he has a consistent track record of being proven right in phony scandal after scandal, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Are you high or suffering from a head injury? Serious question.

Oh, you seem to have gone completely silent in this thread. Are you tucking tail and crawling away in admission you once again defended the unhinged loon in chief, or is your mouth just full with Trump's balls again?
EnglishPete

« Reply #190 on: March 06, 2017, 04:24:13 AM »

Roll Eyes
EnglishPete

« Reply #191 on: March 06, 2017, 04:41:44 AM »

He knows it's false as far as the FBI goes and this will get out eventually. If it was something that he thought could be kept hidden he would never have made this statement.
The reason why he wants the Justice Department to issue the statement, rather than issue the statement himself, is that he wants another party to vouch that 'he done nothing wrong'.

Its evident that the administration sought, and on the third try, got a court to give them permission to carry out this fishing expedition. It looks very much like they went through the legal channels to do so. That's what Comey wants the DoJ to confirm. The issue is that the spying continued even after no evidence of criminal activity was found. It was continued and then at the last minute the rules on information sharing were changed with the purpose of creating out of context leaks that can be spun in damaging ways by pro Dem media and used by the Dem party.

Comey wants to cover his arse from implication in the latter by getting the DoJ to say there was no wrongdoing in the former.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #192 on: March 06, 2017, 05:55:17 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2017, 06:24:31 AM by Meclazine »

Something is coming out.

Trump would not have reacted like this unless he had some inside info.

The FBI is just wasting a lot of tax payers money to make sure they don't get the rug pulled out on this issue.

It would be a lot easier if the FBI and CIA were not so politicized.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2017, 05:57:14 AM »

Did he also have inside info on Ted Cruz's dad assassinating JFK?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2017, 06:04:20 AM »
« Edited: March 06, 2017, 06:06:05 AM by 0% Approval Rating »

Something is coming out.

LOL

Trump reacts like this when he sees something on Fox News and likes it. He's like a dog chasing a car.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #195 on: March 06, 2017, 06:26:17 AM »

Something is coming out.

LOL

Trump reacts like this when he sees something on Fox News and likes it. He's like a dog chasing a car.

Quoted for posterity. I am not a betting man, but I think Trump has the inside info on this one revealing information on the locations that have been tapped. He probably asked if Trump Tower was ever tapped and found out it was.

We will just have to wait and see.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #196 on: March 06, 2017, 08:15:09 AM »

Something is coming out.

LOL

Quoted for posterity. I am not a betting man, but I think Trump has the inside info on this one revealing information on the locations that have been tapped. He probably asked if Trump Tower was ever tapped and found out it was.

He tried to find out..

Probably it was Trumps famous instincts. He knew that an investigation was coming. The FISA order would eventually be leaked to the media and they would likely use it as evidence or indication of collaboration with Russia. The best defense is a [good] offense. Instead Trump could use this order now, if exists, as "evidence" of Nixonian "witch-hunt". Right or not, fair or not, America is so polarized that it could work [perceived that way] fairly well for Trump.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #197 on: March 06, 2017, 09:07:25 AM »

Something is coming out.

LOL

He tried to find out..

Probably it was Trumps famous instincts. He knew that an investigation was coming. The FISA order would eventually be leaked to the media and they would likely use it as evidence or indication of collaboration with Russia. The best defense is a [good] offense. Instead Trump could use this order now, if exists, as "evidence" of Nixonian "witch-hunt". Right or not, fair or not, America is so polarized that it could work [perceived that way] fairly well for Trump.

With "instincts" like the ones on display during the past week, I can see how he went bankrupt so many times.  Btw, if McGahn was doing that then he's probably gonna find himself in serious legal trouble as well since that'd be a pretty blatant example of interfering with an active investigation (presumably with the intention to tamper with evidence).
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #198 on: March 06, 2017, 10:57:27 AM »

What. a. disgrace. Every. single. day. I hope the investigations on Russia and Drumpf’s conflicts of interest move on quickly to find grounds for impeachment. Let Pence take over. As much as I disagree on his positions, he knows how to handle the presidency and does not question our democracy.

America’s first orange president is in no regard up to the job. Instead of working on behalf of us, the citizens, he’s tweeting about Schwarzenegger’s ratings like a five-year old schoolyard bully and making all sorts of crap up (Obama wiretapped me, election was rigged, Sweden was attacked, media doesn’t report on attacks, courts are rigged, I’m the most successful prez in first four weeks (LOL!), most attendees on inauguration etc. (have I forgotten something since Jan. 20?)).
The faker-in-chief should focus on real problems like climate change (oh sorry for mentioning, it doesn’t exist, I forgot), income inequality (but I guess it will trickle down, just like under Reagan), restoring our relation with Mexico instead of building a stupid wall (sorry, forgot that Mexicans are ripping us really big league. On trade and at the border, they laugh at us, at our stupidity), improve our health care (I assume everything is just fine by repealing Obamacare and a “phenomenal plan”) or a nuclear disarm treaty (forgot that everything will just be fine when we increase our nuclear arsenal. We have to, since the current one doesn’t even work (according to Drumpf, announcement speech-June 16, 2015)). Not to mention answering questions on Russia (but I suppose that’s all fake news made up by the dishonest and corrupt media). I seriously question: How low have we gone with this president? Bad (or sick) guy! Sad!
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #199 on: March 06, 2017, 11:28:38 AM »

Something is coming out.

LOL

He tried to find out..

With "instincts" like the ones on display during the past week, I can see how he went bankrupt so many times.  Btw, if McGahn was doing that then he's probably gonna find himself in serious legal trouble as well since that'd be a pretty blatant example of interfering with an active investigation (presumably with the intention to tamper with evidence).
All I am saying is that it would be perceived much uglier (for Trump).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies