Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:33:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
Author Topic: Something-gate: Trump claims Obama bugged Trump Tower.  (Read 27243 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: March 17, 2017, 10:52:28 AM »

according to the BBC, the telegraph article is wrong...spicer didn't apologize, he just promised not to do it again.

Like a child, I bet he will.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #326 on: March 17, 2017, 02:50:01 PM »

this telegraph article didn't age good.

the only question would be, if the article was just garbage or if Spicer is forced to update his eh "intention" 4 times a day.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #327 on: March 17, 2017, 05:15:03 PM »

final spin:

Mister Trump himself rejects the notion, this could ever have been something like an apology, which explains why Spier bent over backwards to retract this.

“We said nothing,” Mr. Trump told a German reporter who asked about the matter at a joint White House news conference with Chancellor Angela Merkel. “All we did was quote a certain very talented legal mind who was the one responsible for saying that on television. I didn’t make an opinion on it.” He added: “You shouldn’t be talking to me. You should be talking to Fox.”

Mr. Trump, who has stuck by his unsubstantiated assertion that Mr. Obama ordered his telephone tapped last year despite across-the-board denials, wryly used Ms. Merkel’s visit to repeat his contention. Ms. Merkel was angry during Mr. Obama’s administration at reports that the United States had tapped her cellphone and those of other foreign leaders. Turning to her, Mr. Trump said, “At least we have something in common, perhaps.”

After the news conference Mr. Spicer echoed Mr. Trump’s defiant tone. “I don’t think we regret anything,” he told reporters. “As the president said, I was just reading off media reports.”

Other White House officials, who also requested anonymity, said Mr. Spicer had offered no regret to the ambassador. “He didn’t apologize, no way, no how,” said a senior West Wing official. The officials said they did not know whether General McMaster had apologized.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/world/europe/trump-britain-obama-wiretap-gchq.html?emc=edit_na_20170317&nl=breaking-news&nlid=65264959&ref=cta&referer=
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #328 on: March 17, 2017, 06:50:12 PM »

Mr. Trump, who has stuck by his unsubstantiated assertion that Mr. Obama ordered his telephone tapped last year despite across-the-board denials, wryly used Ms. Merkel’s visit to repeat his contention. Ms. Merkel was angry during Mr. Obama’s administration at reports that the United States had tapped her cellphone and those of other foreign leaders. Turning to her, Mr. Trump said,“At least we have something in common, perhaps.”

I have to admit the joke was good.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #329 on: March 17, 2017, 08:03:16 PM »

Comment on CNN which draws parallels between Trump's past birtherism and the current wiretapping claims, arguing that Trump is basically rehashing what he did when he questioned Obama's birth certificate:

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/17/politics/donald-trump-wiretap-obama/index.html
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #330 on: March 18, 2017, 09:43:09 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

What inanity. A fifth grader would be given poor marks for employing such "reasoning" focusing on the mere presence of a word rather than any actual evidence. And he sounds like a downright simpleton for sticking in the bit about the "failing New York Times".
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #331 on: March 19, 2017, 07:59:36 PM »

starting point of this BS story rejects the narrative:

Ex-intelligence official: Napolitano’s British wiretapping claim ‘didn’t get it right’
http://thehill.com/homenews/324707-ex-intelligence-official-napolitanos-british-wire-tapping-claim-didnt-get-it-right

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #332 on: March 20, 2017, 08:30:55 PM »

final act:

Fox News pulls Judge Napolitano over his Trump wiretap claims
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-napolitano-fox-news-20170320-story.html
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #333 on: March 22, 2017, 02:10:05 PM »

BREAKING: Nunes confirms Trump was bugged during transition.

If the "legal" investigation into Trump were serious, why were they leaking everything they had? It's clear that these investigations are just legal barb wire snares. Trump and his opposition are, metaphorically speaking, fighting in trenches for control of no-mans land. These investigations are phony, barely legal methods for nefarious elements of our intelligence community to undermine a President who is rolling back their agenda.

Also, notice how when Trump says "wait until next week" for his proof to arrive, which it always does. Notice how Rachel Maddow spent months talking about Trump's taxes only to find that he was telling the truth? You guys must feel so helpless.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #334 on: March 22, 2017, 02:14:01 PM »

I'll repeat my post from the other thread on this.

Trumpublicans appear to be moving to cover their cult-leader's questionable foreign entanglements:

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-news/articles/2017-03-22/surveillance-findings-raise-concern-about-spying-on-trump-campaign-nunes

While the cultists are doubtless going to see this as "proof" of any and all accusations from their Apricot Antipope, let's make sure the facts are clear: Trump was working with a covert (and illegally so) agent of the Russian government who lives in the same flagship building that holds Trump's personal residence.  Complaints about the counter-intelligence community doing it's job of protecting the United States are nothing but a smokescreen to distract from the hyperkinetic refuse conflagration that is his presidency and its connections to the Russian state.

#PutHimInTheDock
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #335 on: March 22, 2017, 02:18:43 PM »

If the "legal" investigation into Trump were serious, why were they leaking everything they had? It's clear that these investigations are just legal barb wire snares. Trump and his opposition are, metaphorically speaking, fighting in trenches for control of no-mans land. These investigations are phony, barely legal methods for nefarious elements of our intelligence community to undermine a President who is rolling back their agenda.

Also, notice how when Trump says "wait until next week" for his proof to arrive, which it always does. Notice how Rachel Maddow spent months talking about Trump's taxes only to find that he was telling the truth? You guys must feel so helpless.
An here we see the cult in full swing as it ignores what Nunes is saying a) isn't illegal, b) doesn't validate or even come close to what Trump tweeted about, and c) makes Trump still look bad
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #336 on: March 22, 2017, 02:20:34 PM »
« Edited: March 22, 2017, 02:25:47 PM by Gass3268 »

Which we've known for weeks.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #337 on: March 22, 2017, 02:32:08 PM »

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #338 on: March 22, 2017, 02:33:26 PM »

How do you "incidentally" spy on someone? Of course they "incidentally" heard him-they were spying on these people to begin with because of their desire to smear him.

That tin foil hat is cutting circulation off to your brain
Let the record show that you did not debunk any content in my post, but rather just merely insulted me.

Nunes is trying to muddy up the waters and cover for Trump. He should be recused and sent to Moscow.
That is not how Committees work.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #339 on: March 22, 2017, 02:36:06 PM »

How do you "incidentally" spy on someone? Of course they "incidentally" heard him-they were spying on these people to begin with because of their desire to smear him.

Let the record show that you did not debunk any content in my post, but rather just merely insulted me.

Nunes is trying to muddy up the waters and cover for Trump. He should be recused and sent to Moscow.
By talking to someone who is being spied on
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #340 on: March 22, 2017, 02:36:29 PM »

EnglishPete

« Reply #341 on: March 22, 2017, 02:39:52 PM »

Says someone pushing the 'Russia conspired with Trump to steal the election' conspiracy theory.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: March 22, 2017, 02:41:47 PM »

So he is being spied on? I thought you all just said that he wasn't being spied on and that Trump was just talking to bad apples? You guys can't even keep your stories straight and you expect us to believe the most hairbrained conspiracy theory since the 9/11 was a hologram one.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #343 on: March 22, 2017, 02:47:17 PM »

So he is being spied on? I thought you all just said that he wasn't being spied on and that Trump was just talking to bad apples? You guys can't even keep your stories straight and you expect us to believe the most hairbrained conspiracy theory since the 9/11 was a hologram one.
Being "spied upon" because you talk to people who the FBI are actually talking too is nothing like what Trump or you people have been promoting since his unhinged tweet but thanks for playing
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #344 on: March 22, 2017, 02:52:12 PM »

Nunes probably broke the law:

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #345 on: March 22, 2017, 02:57:21 PM »

Nunes probably broke the law:

FISA warrants on whom? I thought these were incidental and did not relate to Trump-how do we know that Nunes told Trump what exact conversations were taped?

.....unless the Oval Office was bugged when they had the conversation Wink

(that last sentence was a joke, Mondale)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #346 on: March 22, 2017, 03:05:54 PM »

An intern typed and emailed that out in like ten minutes. I did that a thousand times during my internships. Now Ed Rollins is involved too? lol
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #347 on: March 22, 2017, 03:16:35 PM »

An intern typed and emailed that out in like ten minutes. I did that a thousand times during my internships. Now Ed Rollins is involved too? lol

Dude...what are you blathering about.

Nunes, who worked on Trump's transition team, found out Trump was incidentally spied on because he was talking to criminals legally being spied on by the FBI with as Nunes said: "multiple FISA warrants"

Nunes, who's on the committee investigating this, gives an impromptu press conference to alert Trump he just found out about this despite the fact he didn't alert anyone else on the committee and what he did is technically illegal.

Shortly thereafter, a fundraising email comes out saying Trump is vindicated.

It's obvious he's trying either trying to muddy the waters and sabotage the investigation or he gave Trump a heads up because he was incidentally wire tapped doing a bunch of shady/illegal things.

I mean this isnt new, this is what happened to DC Mayor Marion Barry in the 90s. The cops were monitoring and collecting evidence against local drug dealers and incidentally discovered that the Mayor was a customer of one the dealers being surveiled and he was forced out of office and arrested.

lol, it's so sad to see someone stuck in such a bubble just to rationalize their support for someone else.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #348 on: March 22, 2017, 03:19:18 PM »

it's fun that nunes thinks it's kind of a "defense" line, that team trump was accidentally caught while the IC tapped/collected information on foreign agents.

flynn et al. are blind and deaf.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #349 on: March 22, 2017, 03:23:02 PM »

Nunes, who worked on Trump's transition team, found out Trump was incidentally spied on because he was talking to criminals legally being spied on by the FBI with as Nunes said: "multiple FISA warrants"

Nunes, who's on the committee investigating this, gives an impromptu press conference to alert Trump he just found out about this despite the fact he didn't alert anyone else on the committee and what he did is technically illegal.

It's obvious he's trying either trying to muddy the waters and sabotage the investigation or he gave Trump a heads up because he was incidentally wire tapped doing a bunch of shady/illegal things.

I mean this isnt new, this is what happened to DC Mayor Marion Barry in the 90s. The cops were monitoring and collecting evidence against local drug dealers and incidentally discovered that the Mayor was a customer of one the dealers being surveiled and he was forced out of office and arrested.
I could have written that email during the length of his press conference. What are YOU blathering about?

lol, it's so sad to see someone stuck in such a bubble just to rationalize their support for someone else.
It's sad to see you not address a single point I've made. Just continued insults. Whatever.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies