Before Meeting With Muslim Students, GOP Lawmaker Asks If They Beat Their Wives
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:41:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Before Meeting With Muslim Students, GOP Lawmaker Asks If They Beat Their Wives
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Before Meeting With Muslim Students, GOP Lawmaker Asks If They Beat Their Wives  (Read 1234 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2017, 12:25:17 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-bennett-islam-questionnaire-us_us_58b9f87de4b05cf0f400bebc?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.facebook.com/adam.soltani/videos/10102298612863631/

More sample questions:

Trapsy

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 12:29:27 PM »

These people are so trash.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 12:31:12 PM »

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 12:44:25 PM »

I love how all of the things he's criticizing were written or happened 1400 years ago. Should Bennett have to explain his thoughts on the inquisition before meeting someone in authority? I mean, he couldn't even come up with "do you approve of 9/11?"
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 01:19:10 PM »

What is his position on wearing Polyester?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 01:25:09 PM »

Trump's ascension has given Republicans the confidence to openly act like the evil villains they are and have always been. But their behavior is also freeing the rest of us, too. No longer do we need to pretend that they're interested in democracy or discussion, and we can in good conscience treat them as the deplorable and dangerous fascists that they are.

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 01:28:21 PM »

I don't feel any sympathy for any Muslim who voted for Trump or these clowns. But it's nice to see the GOP finally showing their true colors.
Unapologetic Chinaperson
nj_dem

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2017, 01:55:06 PM »

Sad.

But at least he didn't ask "Have you stopped beating your wives?"
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 01:57:54 PM »

It's pretty unlikely that high-school students have wives already ... Muslim, or not.

They are 15-18 years old.
Trapsy

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 02:02:23 PM »

It's pretty unlikely that high-school students have wives already ... Muslim, or not.

They are 15-18 years old.

its a tough line of thinking for people who want to drug test poor people who need help buying food.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 02:15:21 PM »

Reminds me when Pat Robertson joked about someone becoming a Muslim so that he could beat his wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoHdO2rwGwE
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 02:21:19 PM »

and this is the moment when its revealed that John Bennett beats his wife.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2017, 03:04:11 PM »

Anyone else see the irony in this coming from someone who belongs to a party that beats up on women's reproductive rights every chance they get?

Oklahoma Republicans are probably the most deplorable Republicans in the nation.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 03:16:21 PM »

Trump's ascension has given Republicans the confidence to openly act like the evil villains they are and have always been. But their behavior is also freeing the rest of us, too. No longer do we need to pretend that they're interested in democracy or discussion, and we can in good conscience treat them as the deplorable and dangerous fascists that they are.

Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017, 03:18:30 PM »

Anyone else see the irony in this coming from someone who belongs to a party that beats up on women's reproductive rights every chance they get?

Oklahoma Republicans are probably the most deplorable Republicans in the nation.

Oklahama State reps make their Governor look moderate compared to them.
longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2017, 03:23:12 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-bennett-islam-questionnaire-us_us_58b9f87de4b05cf0f400bebc?

https://www.facebook.com/adam.soltani/videos/10102298612863631/

More sample questions:

Before meeting with a Republican representative, perhaps constituents should present said representative with a photo of Dennis Hastert and ask him how many little boys they've had sex with.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2017, 03:56:07 PM »

Reminds me of an exhibit I saw at a museum about questionnaires they used to give to immigrants coming into the country over 100 years ago.  Except those were tame questions like "are you an anarchist?" and "are you a polygamist?"  Not even the racists of yore can compete with this guy!  Seriously, sometimes I wonder if there's some secret million dollar contest nobody told me about for the person who can be the most... icky.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2017, 04:22:08 PM »

Reminds me of an exhibit I saw at a museum about questionnaires they used to give to immigrants coming into the country over 100 years ago.  Except those were tame questions like "are you an anarchist?" and "are you a polygamist?"  Not even the racists of yore can compete with this guy!  Seriously, sometimes I wonder if there's some secret million dollar contest nobody told me about for the person who can be the most... icky.

I figured everyone knew about that. It was called "Republican Nominee For President Of The United States" and "Leader of the Republican Party".

Trump won.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2017, 04:22:59 PM »

Does Bennett shave? If so, he's violating the Bible

Does he wear a suit? The shirt underneath is likely made from a different thread. Violation of the Bible.

Does he eat shellfish? That's a violation of the Bible.

Surely he must have one committed worker who does work on a Sunday? If he does, why hasn't Bennett killed him yet? That's a violation of the Bible.

Has he ever been divorced? That's a Bible violation

I've got pages of this; I could go on.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2017, 04:26:34 PM »

Oklahama State reps make their Governor look moderate compared to them.

i may be wrong, but isn't it often the case that south-western republican govs are more moderate than their state reps and north-western/center republican govs are the other way around?

The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2017, 05:04:04 PM »

Aren't these guys the same ones who support American law enforcement which is run by fascists?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 12:21:36 AM »

There are plenty of similar conquer the non-believers lines in the Bible as well (although primarily in the Old Testament).
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 12:41:14 AM »

These are not appropriate questions for school children but I'd very much like to see the same questionnaire given to CAIR and/or prominent Muslim preachers in the US. Although I suspect they would just refuse to answer and accuse the asker of racism.

These are legitimate questions though. They are based on the Quran, which Muslims believe is the unalterable, infallible word of God.

and no, digging up scary quotes from the Quran is not the same as digging up scary quotes from the Bible.

Biblical infallibility is not essential to the Christian religion. Quranic infallibility is not only essential to Islam, it is basically the entirety of Islam. Take away Quranic infallibility, there is literally no religion left.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 01:48:35 AM »

These are not appropriate questions for school children but I'd very much like to see the same questionnaire given to CAIR and/or prominent Muslim preachers in the US. Although I suspect they would just refuse to answer and accuse the asker of racism.

These are legitimate questions though. They are based on the Quran, which Muslims believe is the unalterable, infallible word of God.

and no, digging up scary quotes from the Quran is not the same as digging up scary quotes from the Bible.

Biblical infallibility is not essential to the Christian religion. Quranic infallibility is not only essential to Islam, it is basically the entirety of Islam. Take away Quranic infallibility, there is literally no religion left.

Too stupid a post to respond. I have a trial in the morning and would need literally over an hour to explain everything that is so f#$king stupidly wrong in your post.

Suffice to say, if you said black in that post, the reality is white.

There, that sums it up nicely.

Oh, and you're an Islamophobic twit taking your own self-described $hitty job out on others whom you fear will make your life somehow even $hittier, when in fact it is the Trumps of this world viciously f#$king you in the ass while you smile and say "give 'em hell, Donnie!".
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2017, 01:53:09 AM »

We have to make sure we weed out the bad ones. Religion is one thing but religious intolerance is another. Afterall, if liberals get angry about wedding cakes and Christians, wouldn't they be mad about the mistreatment of women?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies