What is the most pro-Trump blue state?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:50:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  What is the most pro-Trump blue state?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the most pro-Trump blue state?  (Read 2081 times)
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 04, 2017, 12:45:29 PM »

Inspired by the Utah being the most anti-Trump red state, what blue state do you think is mostly cozing up to Trump?

My guess would be Colorado or Virginia.
mencken
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 04:44:49 PM »

Maine
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 04:56:54 PM »

Again, if we believe the exit polls, Trump was “only” 20 points underwater on favorability in Nevada on election day, making it the least bad state for him out of the ones he lost.  Next least bad after that would be Virginia, where he was underwater by 24 points.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 02:21:52 AM »

Parts of Maine, but I'd say overall he's mostly hated in New England.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 03:27:09 AM »

Nevada easily.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 10:04:24 AM »

If we mean "likes Trump the most considering its previous PVI" I'd say Rhode Island.
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 10:14:12 PM »

lol, the intelligence community and the rest of the "swamp" is based largely in Virginia... it is not "cozing" (cozying?) up to Trump.

There's that Southern half, which is like Kentucky Jr.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 06:53:53 AM »

Parts of Maine, but I'd say overall he's mostly hated in New England.

I wouldn't disagree with this, but he is definitely liked more in the suburbs than in the city.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 08:43:37 PM »

These types of threads are always tough, because there are no inherent metrics associated, that we can all look at and say "yes but...."

Additionally the open-ended nature of general vagueness of the questions make it even more difficult.

Are we discussing states that voted for Clinton/Trump in 2016 that are most receptive/least receptive towards the current President of the United States?

Are we talking of traditionally Blue/Red states that swung hard against their major parties selection in '16 that might have voted Democratic/Republican, or even flipped over the past X election cycles?

Are we referring to states that regardless of how they voted in 2016 are potentially swinging towards Trump (Republican) or against Trump (Republican) or the other way looking towards 2020 based upon the current "accomplishments" of the Trump Administration?

If we use the criteria of states that voted for Clinton in '16 that are currently most receptive towards the Trump administration at this time, I would probably go with Maine or even Minnesota (Yes I know BRTD and some others might erupt in flames at this bizarre concept).

Let's face it--- what has Trump actually done in almost 50 days in office?

We have two "Muslim Bans", executive orders designed to gut environmental standards and regulation, announced a massive gutting of governmental spending on much agencies combined with a proposed $54 Billion increase in military spending, issued an order not to pursue TPP (Which was something that both GE nominees agreed on in the last 3 months of the campaign), and a few media stunts where he claims credit for "keeping jobs in America", ICE raids on immigrants out of status in Democratic Cities throughout America....

Am I missing anything else that he has done of any import?

What he hasn't done is anything regarding renegotiating NAFTA, unfair trade competition from China, and other economic fundamentals that many Obama 1x/2x voters that flipped to Trump were extremely concerned about.... The whole "bringing jobs back to America schtick"

Now, what has slipped under the radar with all of the discussion of these other issues, is that there is a significant Republican constituency that is actually happy and excited, that he has not followed through on these promises.

Farmers obviously spring immediately to mind, since the decline of agricultural commodity prices over the past 3-5 years has seen a dramatic dent to their bottom line, and increasingly many segments of the agricultural sector have shifted to exports to Asia, as a means of trying to maintain their bottom line.... This is particularly common in the grain and dairy sectors, that are quite common throughout the UpperMidwest.

Trump's very inaction on trade wars with Asia, has very likely helped him with this constituency, many of whom (Smaller grain/dairy farmers) stood to benefit directly from TPP, as well as a complete absence of immigrant raids targeting the agricultural sector, where there is obviously a massive shortage of domestic labor....

Maine---- sure we have the Northern part of the state, but Trump has done absolutely zilch to protect the paper and pulp industry of America, from Maine to Wisconsin, to Oregon, where our trees are getting slashed down, the "recycled paper" in America is shipped off to China, and then reexported to America, because there are no labor and environmental standards associated with our "Free Trade" agreements with China.

I vote Minnesota.... Please tell me why I am wrong.
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 02:09:55 PM »

Minnesota
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2017, 09:46:33 AM »

Curious to see why some are saying Minnesota?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2017, 11:50:22 AM »

Maine it seems like, but I'm not sure.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies