HOUSE BILL: Return Education To the Regions Act (Passed - Sent to the VP/PPT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:01:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HOUSE BILL: Return Education To the Regions Act (Passed - Sent to the VP/PPT) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: HOUSE BILL: Return Education To the Regions Act (Passed - Sent to the VP/PPT)  (Read 9824 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« on: March 05, 2017, 08:39:32 AM »

I like this bill, but I have some concerns over the required curriculum. First off, which one of these will teach kids about day to day living. I guess the regions could determine that, but I'm scared that there is too many requirements and children won't have time to learn stuff they need and stuff they want.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 12:54:52 PM »

I'd prefer there to be less requirements, and a course for the choice of the student. (In order for the student to get basic knowledge of the occupation they want to have)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 12:03:47 AM »

I'd prefer there to be less requirements, and a course for the choice of the student. (In order for the student to get basic knowledge of the occupation they want to have)

Enduro, you have a pretty good point. Students should be able to take courses that are relevant to their career choice.
What subjects are you wanting me to drop from the required subjects, because Math and English are essential for almost any career path as well as a basic science course.  I am willing to cut back on the History/SS requirement, (but I still believe it is important that students learn something about their basic government structure, history of their country and world), and add in a requirement of a home economics
class or something. Anyways I would really like to reach a final agreement on this bill soon. 

Well, I'm not suggesting cutting back on anything, but was I just saying that Enduro did make a point.

We're acting like the regions aren't going to take care of their children, and make courses with these subjects.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2017, 03:47:07 PM »

Am I the only one in favor of striking the "curriculum" section from the bil, or at least amending it heavily to allow more regional choice?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 01:33:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I propose this amendment.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 03:59:17 PM »

I reject the motion, and ask if we should continue spending as much money on education now that the regions will create the curriculums?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 04:02:47 PM »

I reject the motion, and ask if we should continue spending as much money on education now that the regions will create the curriculums?
The regional governments will be responsible for creating their own funding model.

So, the federal government should cut funding here? I think we should amend the bill to make the financials clearer.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 11:10:54 PM »

How much can we cut, guys?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 11:42:11 PM »

I say 20%, anyone else?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 08:46:20 PM »

The Department of Education
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 05:42:40 PM »

I would recommend giving the regions enough time to compose such a framework before the cuts take effect.

Otherwise we will have drastic consequences for our teachers and students.

Ok, we should add a clause that delays when the cuts actually happen.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2017, 09:57:41 AM »

Someone answer me, stop being so inactive.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 01:44:43 PM »

How much will it cut at that time?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 04:02:04 PM »

How much will it cut at that time?

We should probably specify that with a subsequent amendment.

Alright.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 02:42:37 PM »

Cool, now, how much will be cut on the specified date?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 12:33:27 PM »

Yankee; I'm beginning to think that we're the only representatives in this house.

Anyway, maybe 10%? 15%?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 10:33:57 PM »

Well we don't currently have a national department of education, so maybe we could add that? The only problem is the title "Return Education to the Regions".

As of the reset, we have a department of education. Unless a bill passed eliminating it, or an executive order ended it.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 10:35:28 PM »

At the very least we should be able to cut administration and like costs. If tasks are being regionalized, then there is less need for bureaucrats in Nyman.

I agree with not cutting money going to actual teachers and students, at least not until the regions could put up alternative sources of revenues for that.

This is exactly my point. Everybody is worried about an unbalanced budget, and now we have an opportunity to relieve some of that monetary burden without increasing taxes.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2017, 11:56:33 AM »

I decided to do both what I wanted, and what simossad wanted with the amendment.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 02:08:52 PM »

Homeschooling was not at all what I wanted, and therefore I oppose this amendment.

Why? Is homeschoolers second priority to you?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 02:28:58 PM »

Homeschooling was not at all what I wanted, and therefore I oppose this amendment.

Still waiting for a response to this.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 04:19:49 PM »

Still waiting for a response to this.

I think that we should support public schools that are in a miserable state, and that is what I said.

Ok, I'll offer an amendment, how would you define "miserable state"?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2017, 03:57:19 PM »

Aye

I can write another amendment after this one to change what the remaining cash goes to, and cutting more spending should the rest of the house want it.

Also, can Simossad define what he means by "public schools in a miserable state."
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2017, 02:22:20 PM »

Alright, a new amendment will be coming after the vote finishes.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies