HOUSE BILL: Return Education To the Regions Act (Passed - Sent to the VP/PPT) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:35:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HOUSE BILL: Return Education To the Regions Act (Passed - Sent to the VP/PPT) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HOUSE BILL: Return Education To the Regions Act (Passed - Sent to the VP/PPT)  (Read 9780 times)
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« on: March 10, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »

I'd prefer there to be less requirements, and a course for the choice of the student. (In order for the student to get basic knowledge of the occupation they want to have)

Enduro, you have a pretty good point. Students should be able to take courses that are relevant to their career choice.
What subjects are you wanting me to drop from the required subjects, because Math and English are essential for almost any career path as well as a basic science course.  I am willing to cut back on the History/SS requirement, (but I still believe it is important that students learn something about their basic government structure, history of their country and world), and add in a requirement of a home economics
class or something. Anyways I would really like to reach a final agreement on this bill soon. 

Well, I'm not suggesting cutting back on anything, but was I just saying that Enduro did make a point.

We're acting like the regions aren't going to take care of their children, and make courses with these subjects.

You are right. The whole point of this bill is to strengthen the regions on education policy. I think that it's important to have national standards, but a national solution cannot satisfy the different dynamics in the respective regions.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 02:49:51 AM »

I motion for a final vote on this bill, seing no further debate.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 09:16:30 AM »

I motion for a final vote.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:04:48 AM »

Oh sorry, I suspend the motion, I did not notice your remark when reading through the debate.

Anyway, this bill is perfectly fine for me and I don't think we need to amend it.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 09:02:20 AM »

This is fine to me.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 01:53:26 PM »

Yankee; I'm beginning to think that we're the only representatives in this house.

Anyway, maybe 10%? 15%?

To determine the activity in the house with the aid of a porposal that does not seem to have broad support is remarkable, but I take that as an invitation to state that we should not cut any resources of the department of education, even though this bill transfers salient tasks to the regions, federal interference is absolutely necessary. Financial resources for federal education programs are important, education is the last thing we should cut from.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 12:12:19 AM »

At the very least we should be able to cut administration and like costs. If tasks are being regionalized, then there is less need for bureaucrats in Nyman.

I agree with not cutting money going to actual teachers and students, at least not until the regions could put up alternative sources of revenues for that.

This is exactly my point. Everybody is worried about an unbalanced budget, and now we have an opportunity to relieve some of that monetary burden without increasing taxes.

I believe that it's an opportunity to use the money in different ways than we did. As you already stated, the bureaucratic efforts are obsolete, but many schools are in horrible shape and need money, and we also need the money for federal programs and, you now, measures that actually keep students educated. Imagine what would be possible if a significant amount was not wasted due to bureaucratic processes. I prefer not to cut. But if you offer an amendment - we can let the house decide.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 12:29:23 PM »

Homeschooling was not at all what I wanted, and therefore I oppose this amendment.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2017, 03:15:42 PM »

Homeschooling was not at all what I wanted, and therefore I oppose this amendment.

Why? Is homeschoolers second priority to you?

Still waiting for a response to this.

I think that we should support public schools that are in a miserable state, and that is what I said.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2017, 04:03:39 AM »

Nay.

I mean public schools with bad equipment and old and poor educational material in social flashpoints. You can not deny that the quality of public schools is better in areas where the general standard of living is higher, and that it is lower in areas where unemployment, poverty and crime plays a big role. Taking your kids out of school in exchange to a financial support does not help at all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies