Is forced taxation necessary to raise revenue? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:36:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Is forced taxation necessary to raise revenue? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is forced taxation necessary to raise revenue?  (Read 5573 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« on: March 06, 2017, 11:24:18 AM »
« edited: March 06, 2017, 11:30:35 AM by Adam T »

Can't funds be voluntarily given, or fundraised, or made from profits that the state makes?  Is it really necessarily to take so much from people's paychecks?  Wouldn't an economy really thrive if the government found a way to raise just enough revenue to pay for all of the things it needed to, and at the same time, allowed people to keep all of the money they earn?

The percentage of tax the government (federal, state, county) collects from the various taxes it levies are easily found online. Your question would have a lot more context if you knew these percentages.  For instance, if income tax made up 5% of  Federal government revenue, then it would be a lot easier to eliminate than if it made up 95% of revenue.

Not to be a jerk here, but I could look this up for you, but I really don't care about these sorts of arguments.  There are all sorts of moral arguments claiming that the various tax levies are immoral or theft or whatever.  Ultimately, since governments need to raise the revenue to pay for the services that citizens through their representatives voted for, I find only the practical arguments regarding the effects of the tax to be relevant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies