Khizr Khan's "Travel Priviledges Being Reviewed": Couldn't Travel to Toronto
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:07:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Khizr Khan's "Travel Priviledges Being Reviewed": Couldn't Travel to Toronto
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Khizr Khan's "Travel Priviledges Being Reviewed": Couldn't Travel to Toronto  (Read 2115 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 06, 2017, 07:38:51 PM »
« edited: March 06, 2017, 07:42:23 PM by Arch »

Taking it out on him? Yes, I think so. This is petty as hell.

"Gold Star father Khizr Khan’s “freedom to travel abroad” is reportedly under review, and he says he doesn’t know why.

Khan was scheduled to speak at a luncheon in Toronto on Tuesday “on what we can do about the appalling turn of events in Washington — so that we don’t all end up sacrificing everything.” The two-hour event was to include a presentation and then a question-and-answer session.

But Khan was told late Sunday that his traveling privileges were under review, according to Ramsay Talks, which organized the luncheon.

“As a consequence, Mr. Khan will not be traveling to Toronto on March 7th to speak about tolerance, understanding, unity and the rule of law,” it said in a statement. “Very regretfully, Ramsay Talks must cancel its luncheon with Mr. Khan. Guests will be given full refunds.”"

Link: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/khizr-khan-travel-privileges-toronto-235727
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 07:43:33 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2017, 10:57:26 PM by Eharding »

Meanwhile, I'm apparently not even allowed to defend Trump's December 2015 statements supporting the Muslim ban on this board. Shocking! I've PMed the mods, but they have not so far responded about this edit: one has responded: "it could still be deleted for trolling. Such a post requires more reasoning than "it should be a Muslim ban" to really pass muster". Still don't get what this means.

BTW, I am of the firm opinion that Khizr Khan is an utter scumbag, and that while he is deserving of freedom of travel to other lands, it would be a violation of common decency to let people like him come into this country.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 08:05:48 PM »

Meanwhile, I'm apparently not even allowed to defend Trump's December 2015 statements supporting the Muslim ban on this board. Shocking!

BTW, I am of the firm opinion that Khizr Khan is an utter scumbag, and that while he is deserving of freedom of travel to other lands, it would be a violation of common decency to let people like him come into this country.

What exactly does "people like him" mean?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 08:07:36 PM »

people whose children die in foreign countries for useless wars, which eharding detests too.
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 08:15:58 PM »

This guy is a joke. Doesn't he know his 15 minutes are over?
Eharding

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 08:17:04 PM »

Meanwhile, I'm apparently not even allowed to defend Trump's December 2015 statements supporting the Muslim ban on this board. Shocking!

-People who cravenly and shamelessly exploit their son's death to advocate for electing a politician who supported the pointless war they died in against a politician who didn't, while waving the Constitution around as a prop, but actually not believing in a word of it, in support of a politician who desires to shred the Constitution against one who desires to preserve it.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 08:19:42 PM »

-People who cravenly and shamelessly exploit their son's death to advocate for electing a politician who supported the pointless war they died in against a politician who didn't, while waving the Constitution around as a prop, but actually not believing in a word of it, in support of a politician who desires to shred the Constitution against one who desires to preserve it.

lmao

LMAO
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2017, 08:19:52 PM »

Wait, isn't he an American citizen? How can the government just stop him from traveling? I've never heard of this before. Regardless of what you think of the man, he hasn't broken any laws, and should have the freedom to travel to Canada. What is this, North Korea?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 08:20:16 PM »

He's more of an American than your kind will ever be.
Eharding

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 08:22:39 PM »

He's more of an American than your kind will ever be.

-That's Russophobic and ought to be deleted for discrimination and hatefulness have the mods any sense.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 08:25:44 PM »

I swear you are the dumbest poster here
krazen1211
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 08:26:03 PM »

Wait, isn't he an American citizen? How can the government just stop him from traveling? I've never heard of this before. Regardless of what you think of the man, he hasn't broken any laws, and should have the freedom to travel to Canada. What is this, North Korea?

Nah, its fake news. Just wait and see.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 08:30:00 PM »

Not the people still replying to him?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 08:30:58 PM »

Not the people still replying to him?

We should promote another red avatar to Mod so that he leaves for a couple more days.
Eharding

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2017, 08:32:22 PM »

-That's a sign of cognitive dissonance, not a response. Now, it's not proof I'm right. But it is very much proof you are unable to come up with any sort of logical argument against it.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 08:32:51 PM »

I will wake up tomorrow even happier than ever before!

Even better would be if they send Rosie O'Donnell there next!
Dmitri Covasku
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -7.00

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2017, 09:00:10 PM »

Well, the man did serve this country to protect the very Constitution we are govern by. It is true that there are some that don't follow it but, for years, the Constitution has been abused by politicians making their own political gain. I would not expect Clinton nor Trump to respect that.
Eharding

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 09:02:08 PM »

Well, the man did serve this country to protect the very Constitution we are govern by. It is true that there are some that don't follow it but, for years, the Constitution has been abused by politicians making their own political gain. I would not expect Clinton nor Trump to respect that.

Gorsuch>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sotomayor

I fail to see how Saddam threatened our Constitution.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 09:07:21 PM »

I fail to see how Saddam threatened our Constitution.

and that is his own problem that he was stupid enough to fight a war for his fatherland, eh? Wink

trump is a weakling who has sacrificed nothing but wants to diminish people who really lost things cause of their love for this country.

he is the symbolized figure of decadence and treason.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2017, 09:51:50 PM »

He's been an American citizen for 30 years.

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2017, 10:26:21 PM »

Seems Eharding is triggered right now. I stand with Khizr's actions he made by attacking Trump, it's hypocritical for Trump to praise a soldier while pretty much attacking the community he is from. I'm sure my fellow Muslims feel the same, which is why I agreed with Khizr's speech at the DNC attacking Trump with the Constitution.

Khizr is an AMERICAN CITIZEN, I fully believe this is retribution for his attack on Trump. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 10:31:25 PM »

He's been an American citizen for 30 years.

OK, what the hell then?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 10:32:05 PM »

This is deeply suspect. If it's true, it's probably an impeachable offense for whatever officials were involved.

However, it's most likely not true.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 10:39:03 PM »

i have decided not to judge such stories until some kind of clear information if available...which isn't the case atm.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2017, 10:48:20 PM »

Trump's Razor tells us that the not-so-little piqued dictator likely phoned up a mid-level bureaucrat and metaphorically dropped the White House on Khan.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies