Khizr Khan's "Travel Priviledges Being Reviewed": Couldn't Travel to Toronto
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:10:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Khizr Khan's "Travel Priviledges Being Reviewed": Couldn't Travel to Toronto
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Khizr Khan's "Travel Priviledges Being Reviewed": Couldn't Travel to Toronto  (Read 2114 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2017, 11:10:53 PM »

Meanwhile, I'm apparently not even allowed to defend Trump's December 2015 statements supporting the Muslim ban on this board. Shocking!

BTW, I am of the firm opinion that Khizr Khan is an utter scumbag, and that while he is deserving of freedom of travel to other lands, it would be a violation of common decency to let people like him come into this country.

What exactly does "people like him" mean?

-People who cravenly and shamelessly exploit their son's death to advocate for electing a politician who supported the pointless war they died in against a politician who didn't, while waving the Constitution around as a prop, but actually not believing in a word of it, in support of a politician who desires to shred the Constitution against one who desires to preserve it.

You uh, do know that Trump supported the war before he denounced it, right?

Also Trump doesn't desire to protect the Constitution, that's utter nonsense.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 12:03:53 AM »

This guy is a joke. Doesn't he know his 15 minutes are over?

To the irony mine with this post.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 05:00:13 AM »

Meanwhile, I'm apparently not even allowed to defend Trump's December 2015 statements supporting the Muslim ban on this board. Shocking! I've PMed the mods, but they have not so far responded about this edit: one has responded: "it could still be deleted for trolling. Such a post requires more reasoning than "it should be a Muslim ban" to really pass muster". Still don't get what this means.

Personally, I think the mods still give you to much leeway here. Sad.
MeanBeanMachine
Rookie
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 05:00:54 AM »

I'm hearing lots of conspiracy theories to undermine Trump, but no concern for safety.  If Trump has to prove Obama wiretapped his tower, then Democrats should have to prove Trump called up a mid-level bureaucrat.   These things might be appropriate to bring up in the Democratic Primaries, but in the real world you people are sounding very unhinged and out of touch.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 07:16:44 AM »

I'm hearing lots of conspiracy theories to undermine Trump, but no concern for safety.  If Trump has to prove Obama wiretapped his tower, then Democrats should have to prove Trump called up a mid-level bureaucrat.   These things might be appropriate to bring up in the Democratic Primaries, but in the real world you people are sounding very unhinged and out of touch.

A middle-aged man who happens to be brown wants to travel to Canada? What about safety!?
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2017, 07:19:06 AM »
« Edited: March 07, 2017, 08:53:36 AM by 0% Approval Rating »

The difference is of course that the President himself has accused his predecessor of having wiretapped him and has asked for an investigation of it. To my knowledge, Congressional Democrats haven't called for any investigation into a possible revocation of Khizr Khan's travel privileges yet.

Surely we can agree that it's a totally different ball game when the President of the United States accuses his predecessor of committing crimes in contrast to some guys on a message board accusing the President of committing crimes. The latter happens practically every day, on both sides of the political aisle... while the former is pretty much unprecedented.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2017, 09:16:57 AM »

"Priviledges"?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2017, 09:40:00 AM »

That's how it was worded. I found it odd too.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies