Harding for Northern Assembly- Campaign Office
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:33:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Harding for Northern Assembly- Campaign Office
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Harding for Northern Assembly- Campaign Office  (Read 4530 times)
Rjjr77
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2017, 08:35:55 PM »

This is tough, I'm not the biggest Harding fan, but I feel his ban was wrongful. I'll probably vote for him
I don't see how his banning has anything to do with Atlasia. Congress didn't vote to mute him, and I doubt the mods care about Assembly elections. If you're looking for a right-leaning candidate to vote for, I'd recommend someone like RGN08, who manages to represent conservative values without scattering his platform with extremist views (like a tax on unmarried people, for instance).

He's a candidate who can't campaign, and I don't think the ban is fair therefore it does bleed into our wonderful land.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2017, 01:02:41 AM »

This is tough, I'm not the biggest Harding fan, but I feel his ban was wrongful. I'll probably vote for him
I don't see how his banning has anything to do with Atlasia. Congress didn't vote to mute him, and I doubt the mods care about Assembly elections. If you're looking for a right-leaning candidate to vote for, I'd recommend someone like RGN08, who manages to represent conservative values without scattering his platform with extremist views (like a tax on unmarried people, for instance).

He's a candidate who can't campaign, and I don't think the ban is fair therefore it does bleed into our wonderful land.

This was actually a big problem. The difference here is that the incidents in 2015 involved alleged actions that were presumed to be true until proven false (JoMCar) or a disproportionate reaction to a level of involvement in deeply disturbing behavior that did not warrant such action (Adam). JoMCar was a NE assemblyman at the time, Adam was Registrar General.

JoMCar's was immediately reversed, Adam was forced to eat a two week ban. Both were disruptions at a time that Atlasia could ill afford.

Regardless, forum administration is a superior concern to that of Atlasian considerations. So therefore a moderator is not going to defer on something because it might effect the game, and likewise the game has no power to respond in anyway.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2017, 03:38:00 PM »

Not sure if this is the right place to endorse... but here is one! Only thing I would suggest is that it might not be best to 100% eliminate sick leave and family leave, but instead enforce restrictions and regulations on it (i.e. decreasing the pay as the length of the leave time increases).
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2017, 03:41:42 PM »

Not sure if this is the right place to endorse... but here is one! Only thing I would suggest is that it might not be best to 100% eliminate sick leave and family leave, but instead enforce restrictions and regulations on it (i.e. decreasing the pay as the length of the leave time increases).

Right, because there's nothing wrong with decreasing the income of a parent caring for their newborn child. That child can quit freeloading and get a job of their own.
Rjjr77
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2017, 03:48:22 PM »

This was actually a big problem. The difference here is that the incidents in 2015 involved alleged actions that were presumed to be true until proven false (JoMCar) or a disproportionate reaction to a level of involvement in deeply disturbing behavior that did not warrant such action (Adam). JoMCar was a NE assemblyman at the time, Adam was Registrar General.

JoMCar's was immediately reversed, Adam was forced to eat a two week ban. Both were disruptions at a time that Atlasia could ill afford.

Regardless, forum administration is a superior concern to that of Atlasian considerations. So therefore a moderator is not going to defer on something because it might effect the game, and likewise the game has no power to respond in anyway.

I'm not saying game should deter the moderators, but one moderator in particular has a bit of a hard on for Harding, and even threatened ban on this thread. So I do think it can and should play into the campaign. Harding isn't my favorite person, but I'll be voting for him in part because I feel he's been unfairly targeted on the board as a whole.

Make Lincoln Great Again Harding.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2017, 05:14:57 PM »

I'm not saying game should deter the moderators, but one moderator in particular has a bit of a hard on for Harding, and even threatened ban on this thread. So I do think it can and should play into the campaign. Harding isn't my favorite person, but I'll be voting for him in part because I feel he's been unfairly targeted on the board as a whole.

So the fact that Eharding has espoused and continues to defend openly racist, pseudoscientific beliefs doesn't deter you in any way?  You essentially want to send a neo-Nazi troll to our beautiful Assembly because you have a vendetta against certain mods?

Very sad (or sick!) that Federalists are willing to go so far as to support an open white supremacist just to gain power in Lincoln.
Rjjr77
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2017, 05:22:48 PM »

So the fact that Eharding has espoused and continues to defend openly racist, pseudoscientific beliefs doesn't deter you in any way?  You essentially want to send a neo-Nazi troll to our beautiful Assembly because you have a vendetta against certain mods?

Very sad (or sick!) that Federalists are willing to go so far as to support an open white supremacist just to gain power in Lincoln.
I have no vendetta against the moderators, but at least one clearly has one for Harding.
He's been treated unfairly and I as a voter will be casting my ballot for him. Lincoln could use literally anyone else on the assembly to shake up the one sided and elitist status quo. I am not willing at the moment to run so I'll be backing the outsider.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2017, 05:37:55 PM »

I have no vendetta against the moderators, but at least one clearly has one for Harding.
He's been treated unfairly and I as a voter will be casting my ballot for him. Lincoln could use literally anyone else on the assembly to shake up the one sided and elitist status quo. I am not willing at the moment to run so I'll be backing the outsider.

So you admit your willingness to elect someone from among society's lowest as a means of attaining power in the region.  Deeply disturbing.

My hope is that Federalist leadership will fully denounce and repudiate the past comments of Mr. Harding as their party's candidate.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2017, 05:56:02 PM »

There are two other candidates running for the Northern Assembly that aren't currently holding office (RGN and Hoosier Nick). If you want an outsider then there are better options. And could you elaborate on the "one sided and elitist status quo"? The Assembly may have a huge Labor majority, but there are still some good debates going on. And the idea that the status quo here is "elitism" is laughable.

Maybe you should take the time to think about whether getting an odious and obnoxious Assemblyman elected will actually further your objectives or just impair debate and squander opportunities to get things passed.
diptheriadan

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2017, 06:11:12 PM »

So you admit your willingness to elect someone from among society's lowest as a means of attaining power in the region.  Deeply disturbing.

My hope is that Federalist leadership will fully denounce and repudiate the past comments of Mr. Harding as their party's candidate.

Jesus Christ Scott, that's a little much.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #60 on: March 27, 2017, 06:13:27 PM »

*tax on single people over 23* I would totally be effected by that
Rjjr77
« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2017, 08:15:07 PM »

There are two other candidates running for the Northern Assembly that aren't currently holding office (RGN and Hoosier Nick). If you want an outsider then there are better options. And could you elaborate on the "one sided and elitist status quo"? The Assembly may have a huge Labor majority, but there are still some good debates going on. And the idea that the status quo here is "elitism" is laughable.

Maybe you should take the time to think about whether getting an odious and obnoxious Assemblyman elected will actually further your objectives or just impair debate and squander opportunities to get things passed.

Such spirited debate, Lincoln has had what one bill not be unanimous? And it was a bill that changed how many people actually participate in the assembly? Let me know when a vote isn't 4-0-1.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2017, 09:16:52 PM »

"that's a little much"

Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2017, 10:37:34 PM »

Endorsed whole heartedly. I will not be running for re-election to the Northern Assembly, and I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Your platform will seek to benefit the Northern people and bringing much needed change. As an Assemblyman, I recognize truly great leadership when I see it. And this is inherent in you, my friend. I hope to see you in the Northern Assembly and do Atlasia proud.
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2017, 10:58:10 AM »

Right, because there's nothing wrong with decreasing the income of a parent caring for their newborn child. That child can quit freeloading and get a job of their own.

I wasn't talking about my personal opinion (of course mothers need maternity leave), but rather as a more moderate version of Harding's stance on the subject.
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: March 28, 2017, 01:28:26 PM »

I wasn't talking about my personal opinion (of course mothers need maternity leave), but rather as a more moderate version of Harding's stance on the subject.

But you're still endorsing a candidate whose stance on maternity leave could be moderated to say what I said. That doesn't bother you?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #66 on: March 28, 2017, 02:49:04 PM »

Relevant:
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »

Hallelujah.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: March 28, 2017, 03:11:27 PM »

hopefully there aren't enough right-wing trolls up north to still elect him then

We have them all here down south
President of the civil service full of trans activists
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2017, 03:25:36 PM »

Fortunately, the fact that Eharding is perma'd means that he will be removed from the voter rolls effective March 31 - also meaning he won't be a candidate for Lincoln Assembly.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2017, 03:35:18 PM »

Sad that I won't be able to vote against him, but otherwise yay!!!!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #71 on: March 28, 2017, 03:52:26 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTB46FJOF5w
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: March 28, 2017, 04:00:52 PM »

Fortunately, the fact that Eharding is perma'd means that he will be removed from the voter rolls effective March 31 - also meaning he won't be a candidate for Lincoln Assembly.
Is that a rule? Santander will probably sue you if it isn't explicitly a rule.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #73 on: March 28, 2017, 04:07:48 PM »

Is that a rule? Santander will probably sue you if it isn't explicitly a rule.
Yes, it is.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #74 on: March 28, 2017, 04:37:08 PM »

It's unfortunate to lose a candidate like that. In his short campaign he showed he was willling to put the effort end energy to be an active participant. Politicians with that drive are rare these days.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies