Harding for Northern Assembly- Campaign Office (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:10:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Harding for Northern Assembly- Campaign Office (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Harding for Northern Assembly- Campaign Office  (Read 4620 times)
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« on: March 07, 2017, 08:50:17 AM »

Never in my lengthy career of Atlasian public service have I ever spoken out against a candidate for any office, or openly condemned their campaign...

But you cannot and will not be elected to the Assembly. The Assembly is a highly esteemed and hardworking body of individuals who seek to make the region better for all, not for a select few. I echo Senator Scott's comments that you will be nothing but an impedance to that goal. At best, you should be relegated to an outsider whose influence in our political process is equivalent to that of a walnut's.

I will work tirelessly to prevent your election to any office in this region, or any other region in Atlasia.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 01:18:32 PM »

This is deeply disturbing.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 03:41:42 PM »

Not sure if this is the right place to endorse... but here is one! Only thing I would suggest is that it might not be best to 100% eliminate sick leave and family leave, but instead enforce restrictions and regulations on it (i.e. decreasing the pay as the length of the leave time increases).

Right, because there's nothing wrong with decreasing the income of a parent caring for their newborn child. That child can quit freeloading and get a job of their own.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 01:28:26 PM »

Not sure if this is the right place to endorse... but here is one! Only thing I would suggest is that it might not be best to 100% eliminate sick leave and family leave, but instead enforce restrictions and regulations on it (i.e. decreasing the pay as the length of the leave time increases).

Right, because there's nothing wrong with decreasing the income of a parent caring for their newborn child. That child can quit freeloading and get a job of their own.

I wasn't talking about my personal opinion (of course mothers need maternity leave), but rather as a more moderate version of Harding's stance on the subject.

But you're still endorsing a candidate whose stance on maternity leave could be moderated to say what I said. That doesn't bother you?
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »

Hallelujah.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 04:39:04 PM »

It's unfortunate to lose a candidate like that. In his short campaign he showed he was willling to put the effort end energy to be an active participant. Politicians with that drive are rare these days.

"It's a real shame that Adolf Hitler committed suicide. He showed a real fire for leading Germany."

We can find active players who aren't literal fascists.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies