Atlas Throwback: 1989 edition
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:03:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Atlas Throwback: 1989 edition
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlas Throwback: 1989 edition  (Read 1359 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2017, 02:37:53 AM »
« edited: March 07, 2017, 02:41:45 AM by Old School Republican »

How long will GOP lock on presidency / dem lock on house last.

I think GOP will likely hold the white house till 2000 and the dems will keep the house well into the next century
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 06:23:00 PM »

How long will GOP lock on presidency / dem lock on house last.

I think GOP will likely hold the white house till 2000 and the dems will keep the house well into the next century

As long as Bush doesn't screw up what Reagan built this decade.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 02:29:22 PM »

The Democrats really don't have anyone that's electable nationally. Ted Kennedy killed the Democrats hope well into the next century when he ruined his electability. Luckily they'll continue to hold onto power at the state and congressional level and serve as a check on Republican dominance.

What they really need is someone with youth and star power, or a potential historical first. It's only a matter of time before we elect a black president, it just wont be someone like Jesse Jackson.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 07:26:24 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2017, 07:54:01 PM by Old School Republican »

The Democrats really don't have anyone that's electable nationally. Ted Kennedy killed the Democrats hope well into the next century when he ruined his electability. Luckily they'll continue to hold onto power at the state and congressional level and serve as a check on Republican dominance.

What they really need is someone with youth and star power, or a potential historical first. It's only a matter of time before we elect a black president, it just wont be someone like Jesse Jackson.

What about Al Gore or Bill Clinton, if the conditions are right they can maybe oust Bush in 1992 and if the conditions are not right in 1992 they can wait till 1996 and probably win then.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 06:19:19 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Sad [/quote] This never would have happened if we had followed Makhno's principles.[/quote]
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 05:37:35 PM »

I'm calling it now: Next election, Ashdown gets 60+ seats and chooses between Tony Blair and John Major, eventually choosing Blair.
The Chill Moderate Republican
The Political Sandwich
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 10:52:49 AM »

I don't think that it is theoretically possible Roosevelt's party managed to get away with five terms. Maybe the general public will get tired of the republican's message and possibly vote democrat in '92 or '96 
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 04:02:56 AM »

Wow, Hawke has been doing a great job as PM currently. I think next election, he should try and get as many 2nd preferences from the Democrats as possible, as well as seeking to increase his majority.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 12:53:57 PM »

A lot will depend on the situation in the Warsaw Pact. If the Soviet Union invades Poland over their elections, I think we'll be looking at a rise in authoritarianism in a lot of the Eastern Bloc as they try to clamp down on civil liberties to prevent similar events in their countries. China will also be interesting to watch. The young people there seem to be much less fervently communist than their parents' generation. I wouldn't be surprised if by 2000 we have a free China and a totally neo-Stalinist Eastern Europe.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies