Breaking news WSJ: Trump lied again, he met the Russian ambassador last year
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:12:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Breaking news WSJ: Trump lied again, he met the Russian ambassador last year
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Breaking news WSJ: Trump lied again, he met the Russian ambassador last year  (Read 2493 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2017, 01:24:28 PM »
« edited: March 07, 2017, 05:57:39 PM by TexasGurl »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://mobile.twitter.com/aravosis/status/839173021747277824
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 01:32:38 PM »

Now get him under oath and you have a ballgame.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 01:33:16 PM »

Newsmax broke this?!? Wow! Pretty impressive scoop for them.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 01:34:44 PM »

As others have pointed out one of the cofounders of Newsmax is friendly with Trump
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 01:40:00 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2017, 03:08:08 PM by Ghost of Ruin »

They didn't break it, and neither did the WSJ. Both just posted stories about it *at the time* which have now been dug out of their archives.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 02:40:35 PM »

They didn't break it, and neither did the WSJ. Both just posted stories about it *at the time* which have now been dug out of their archives.

Ah ok. Thank you for the clarification
elcorazon

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 03:22:09 PM »

LOCK HIM UP
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 05:29:29 PM »

Just for the record, the alleged meeting took place immediately before this speech by Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8RqLN3Qao
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 05:40:22 PM »

From Reddit,

"Hey!  Just because Benedict Arnold had a secret meeting with British General Cornwallis, doesn't mean he's a traitor to America."  —/r/the_Arnold (1779)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 06:57:57 PM »

Oh noes the President of the United States met with the Ambassador of another large international power!

Jesus Christ guys you are the sorest losers in political history. You guys are going to look real stupid in a few years time.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 07:00:52 PM »

Oh noes the President of the United States met with the Ambassador of another large international power!

Jesus Christ guys you are the sorest losers in political history. You guys are going to look real stupid in a few years time.
Why does it never penetrate you Trumpers thick skulls that it's the lying about meeting him that's the problem
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 07:01:30 PM »

Why does it never penetrate you Trumpers thick skulls that it's the lying about meeting him that's the problem
Maybe because I'm jealous of his big hands Roll Eyes
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 07:01:36 PM »

I don't get how hard it is to understand that these are situations of concern because people like Trump, Flynn, and Sessions lied about particular meetings, not inherently because of the meetings themselves
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 07:03:54 PM »

Are you going to tell me that Rafael Cruz didn't kill JFK either?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 07:05:25 PM »

Are you going to tell me that Rafael Cruz didn't kill JFK either?

Actually that one is true, shhhh.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2017, 07:12:17 PM »

I don't get how hard it is to understand that these are situations of concern because people like Trump, Flynn, and Sessions lied about particular meetings, not inherently because of the meetings themselves
Because it'd create controversy? Because you'd throw a fit anyway? It's easy to understand why standard diplomatic engagements between the Russians and the Trump administration are kept low key. He wants to work on immigration and border control efforts, not with phony scandals based on innuendo invented by partisan hacks.

You wanted a scandal so he gave you one. I bet he was on the golf course with Kushner at Mar-A-Lago and said "hey, look what I just did!" after he sent the wiretapping tweets. He took everyone by surprise-it was a Saturday and most in Washington were still in bed. He's sick and tired of the fight he's getting from the deep state, and he's striking back. Senators have already talked about transcripts. The New York Times reported it. Heads are gonna start rolling soon.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 08:59:15 PM »

Because it'd create controversy? Because you'd throw a fit anyway? It's easy to understand why standard diplomatic engagements between the Russians and the Trump administration are kept low key. He wants to work on immigration and border control efforts, not with phony scandals based on innuendo invented by partisan hacks.

You wanted a scandal so he gave you one. I bet he was on the golf course with Kushner at Mar-A-Lago and said "hey, look what I just did!" after he sent the wiretapping tweets. He took everyone by surprise-it was a Saturday and most in Washington were still in bed. He's sick and tired of the fight he's getting from the deep state, and he's striking back. Senators have already talked about transcripts. The New York Times reported it. Heads are gonna start rolling soon.

You realize how ridiculous that sounds right? That Trump & Co should lie because telling the truth would create controversy? Keeping these events private would be one thing, but questions were directly asked and false answers were provided in response with knowledge of their state of falsehood (aka lying). I don't want more scandals like this, I want a break from the chaos. I want to be able to read the news and not hear about these crazy activities, but the administration is so dysfunctional and shady that a story like this pops up every other day.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 09:16:30 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2017, 10:10:52 PM by publicunofficial »

God you've actually swallowed the "Trump is secretly a genius and not just a Fox News watching grandpa" pill whole, haven't you?

Edit: Also, since when does Trump care that his actions will cause liberals to throw a fit. I mean, we complain about everything right?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2017, 09:53:33 PM »

God you've actually swallowed the "Trump is secretly a genius and not just a Fox News watching grandpa" pill whole, haven't you?

Personally, I've never given much credence to that idea. But I think Idiotgate puts a stake in it once and for all. There are many things he could have twitted as a distraction, choosing one that potentially discredits himself, and puts the focus BACK on Russian and investigations is the move of an idiot.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 11:57:06 PM »

I consider Trump mentally unstable, he's proved it over and over from the beginning of the campaign until now.

So is he lying, or is his mind playing tricks on him? Like, is it possible that he doesn't remember because he really doesn't remember? He IS working with an impaired mind and memory, you know.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 01:49:41 AM »

Trump was't President last year genius.
EnglishPete

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2017, 03:26:10 AM »

Personally, I've never given much credence to that idea. But I think Idiotgate puts a stake in it once and for all. There are many things he could have twitted as a distraction, choosing one that potentially discredits himself, and puts the focus BACK on Russian and investigations is the move of an idiot.
It was a move that totally discredited the whole 'Trump was plotting with the Russians to hack the election' narrative. For months now we've had these drip drip drip of stories in the Democratic party supporting media implying that the Trump campaign and various associates were suspected of collaborating with the Russians and were being bugged by the security services.

Once Trump accused Obama the likes of Comey and Clapper furiously and definitively deny that any such bugging took place. Oh really? Well if no such spying on them was taking place that pretty comprehensively undercuts the narrative that the security services thought they were collaborating with the Russians to hack the election and needed close watching.

Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2017, 06:27:23 AM »

Another day, another Atlas forum thread created about Russia.

It's time to accept that Trump won the election.

I hope it does not take 4 years.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 07:47:31 AM »

Another day, another Atlas forum thread created about Russia.

It's time to accept that Trump won the election.

I hope it does not take 4 years.

He won, but I look at his Presidency as if it were a prison term or a peonage contract.

1414 days left in which to hold the President in contempt.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?msg=Inauguration%202021&p0=900&year=2021&month=1&day=20&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&fromtheme=generic
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2017, 09:57:22 AM »

I think it'd be easier to list the people associated with Trump who didn't meet with Russia.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies