Our Best America Yet: The Presidency of Gary Johnson
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:24:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Our Best America Yet: The Presidency of Gary Johnson
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Our Best America Yet: The Presidency of Gary Johnson  (Read 5757 times)
HomestarSB9
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2017, 11:09:39 AM »

This is really interesting, I'm looking forward to reading more.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2017, 12:53:54 AM »
« Edited: July 15, 2017, 12:55:43 AM by brucejoel99 »

This is really interesting, I'm looking forward to reading more.

Thanks so much! I've kinda drifted away from updating this TL due to an abundance of things having gone on in my real-life recently, but I hope to get back to it in the near-future, so stay tuned...
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2017, 10:35:40 PM »

Way too many pro-life Republicans defecting.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2017, 11:48:36 PM »
« Edited: December 22, 2017, 03:10:49 PM by brucejoel99 »

"They are now saying throughout the country that we, the Libertarians, are about to block everything our buddies from either party will try to pass. And to this I say, Chuck, that the Libertarian Party only wants to address the issues that Americans face, not paralyze their apparatus." -- Senate Libertarian Leader Mark Warner (L-VA) on Meet the Press, November 11, 2018

"Mark is a great colleague of mine and a great friend of mine. Yes, he is a great contributor to the Libertarian Party and while I respect his choice, I will never quit the Democratic Party. I have too much faith in the founding idea of our nation: that citizens care about their fellow citizens and work through the government to provide public resources for the benefit of all. And so, that is why I believe that the current Libertarian Party is representative of the wisdom of neither the majority of my fellow Virginians nor my fellow Americans. But I have nothing against Mark." -- Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA) on CNN, November 18, 2018

"I pledge, during my term in the House of Representatives that will begin next month, to put all my efforts to the cause of abolishing the IRS, cutting military funding, and liberalizing federal drug laws. I really think that we can build a better world; a Libertarian world." -- Rep.-elect Rob Lapham (L-FL-2), at a Panama City, FL town hall, December 12, 2018

"Gary Johnson claims to be the Libertarian President, but that's false. He's not even a true libertarian. Yes, he won the Presidency by virtue of being the Libertarian Party's 2016 presidential nominee. But just because he is a Libertarian, it does not mean that he is a small-l libertarian. He may take a libertarian or libertarian-leaning position on some issues, but he has been far from the complete package.

What has his presidency accomplished? Has he actually converted anyone to libertarianism (outside of his own 'big tent' definition)? Has he advanced the cause of liberty in any significant way? Has he gotten people enthusiastic about libertarianism?

Since Johnson was elected to the presidency, we have seen that we shouldn't have trusted that he would reduce government power in any significant way.

Gary Johnson is not a libertarian. You can use this information in the way you deem best, and you can damn well use this information to understand the kind of libertarian I'll be in Congress starting next week.
" -- Rep.-elect Jim C. McDermott (L-AK-AL) in an opinion editorial message to his fellow libertarians, published in major newspapers on December 31, 2018
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2017, 11:21:10 PM »

"Going into the 2020 presidential campaign, one thing was clear: regardless of whether there was a slight value-based intra-party conflict, Gary Johnson was, overall, an extremely popular president, and few dared to attempt to truly challenge *him*." -- The Most Remarkable Years: Memoirs of a White House Chief of Staff by Ron Nielson

"I'm announcing that I'm launching my campaign to represent my fellow Americans as their President. I will be a fighter for middle-class families who are feeling the pinch of stagnant wages and diminishing opportunity. I will be a fighter for our children who deserve a world-class education, and for students burdened by predatory lenders and skyrocketing tuition. And I will fight relentlessly to protect our coasts, our immigrant communities and our seniors." -- Sen. Kamala Harris (D-CA), announcing her 2020 presidential bid in San Francisco, CA, January 20, 2019

"I am here because I believe that people who care can find solutions to even the most difficult problems. I am here because when we work together, I know from experience that there is no problem we can't solve. I ask for your support as I seek to serve as your President. The reason is simple: I believe I am the best candidate to bring us to a return of the passionate advocacy for progressive values that the Presidency should exemplify." -- Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Newark, NJ, February 4, 2019

"Today, I am announcing that I am running for president of the United States, because it is the time for truth. It is the time for liberty. It is the time to reclaim the Constitution of the United States, especially from a President who is no true libertarian." -- Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX), announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Houston, TX, February 11, 2019

"Hi, I'm Chris Murphy, and I'm running for President of the United States. I've decided to run for the Presidency because it's where my voice can be the strongest and I can advocate the loudest for issues affecting the nation. We can't continue to import oil from dictators around the world who want to do real damage to the United States. We need new voices willing to challenge the status quo." -- Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT), announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Cheshire, CT, February 11, 2019

"So friends, colleagues, and my fellow Americans: I hereby announce that I will run for President of the United States in 2020. I look forward to fighting for America's working families. America deserves to once again enjoy good-paying jobs with benefits. Our children deserve a quality education, and tuition every family can afford. Our families deserve access to affordable health care, health insurance, and prescription drugs. And we must finally implement an energy policy that places consumers before corporate profits. The culture of corruption plaguing federal government has led our nation down the wrong path and it is time for change. As America's next President, I will help lead our nation toward promise and prosperity." -- Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH), announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Cleveland, OH, February 21, 2019

"No one will outwork me in this campaign. I will always defend our shared principles when they are attacked by anyone. I will do the right thing, even when it's the hard thing. And I will never, ever forget how I was raised or the great nation I come from." -- Sen. Tom Cotton (R-AR), announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Dardanelle, AR, February 23, 2019

"I'm in. I'm running for President of the United States because Americans deserve a leader who will fight and win for them." -- Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI), announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Waukesha, WI, February 27, 2019
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2017, 09:42:45 PM »

"I think I can help and that's why today I announce my candidacy for the Presidency of the United States. My campaign is not going to be about me — but we. We the people formed the government. We the people must reform government. I need you to join the team to change Washington. I will be all over this great nation in each of our 50 beautiful states to organize a citizen coalition to take back our government." -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-NY), announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Albany, NY, March 7, 2019

"I am officially running for president of the United States. And we are going to go to Washington D.C. and take back the White House." -- Oprah Winfrey (D), announcing her 2020 presidential bid in Chicago, IL, March 13, 2019

"I am here to ask you for your prayers, for your support, and for your efforts because I have decided to run for president of the United States. I have the experience and the testing which shapes you and prepares you for the most important job in the world." -- Fmr. Gov. John Kasich (R-OH), announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Cleveland, OH, March 18, 2019

"It is our duty to serve the people the way they deserve to be served. It is our duty to make the tough decisions this country needs to get back on track. And those are the reasons as to why I'm running for President of the United States." -- House Minority Leader Paul Ryan (R-WI-1), announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Janesville, WI, March 24, 2019

CRUZ, KASICH NECK-AND-NECK FOR GOP PRESIDENTIAL NOMINATION; NO FRONTRUNNER EMERGES FOR DEMS; JOHNSON'S APPROVAL RATING REMAINS STEADY​ -- The Washington Post, March 28, 2019

FEDERAL DRUG LAW LIBERALIZATION PACKAGE PASSES CONGRESS WITH BIPARTISAN SUPPORT: CANNABIS PROHIBITION REPEALED, PURCHASE/POSSESSION OF SMALL QUANTITIES OF OTHER CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES MADE A FEDERAL MISDEMEANOR; WARNER: "THE WAR ON DRUGS IS NOW OVER!" -- The Washington Post, April 2, 2019
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2017, 09:50:53 PM »

Bernie going to show up at some point?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2017, 09:56:26 PM »

Let's just say, all candidate declarations aren't here yet & leave it at that lol Wink
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2017, 03:11:54 PM »

"I'm running for President of the United States because America has big challenges and I'm convinced that my Virginian experience has answers to help strengthen our nation. Thankfully, we still have a tradition of balance and civility here that is sadly disappearing from Washington. I know that Washington can learn a few things from Virginia." -- Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA), the 2016 Democratic vice presidential nominee, announcing a surprise 2020 presidential bid of his very own in Richmond, VA, April 8, 2019

"After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the presidency. This decision does not come easily or without regret, especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country, which is why I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and, ultimately, the general election. But after having both full-on campaigned four years ago and spent the past several months unofficially campaigning, I've recognized that running for public office cannot be done half-heartedly. Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector as I was four years ago." -- Donald Trump (R), the 2016 Republican presidential nominee, announcing he will not seek the 2020 Republican presidential nomination on Meet the Press, April 9, 2019

"America once set the pace in fiscal responsibility, job creation and reform. But our work isn't over; indeed, freedom's work is never done. To make America grow again, Americans know we must have principled leadership at every level to make the right choices. We need to live within our means and embrace policies that will create good jobs, great schools, safe streets and strong families." -- Fmr. Gov. Mike Pence (R-IN), the 2016 Republican vice presidential nominee, announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Columbus, IN, April 14, 2019

"After months of encouragement from supporters all across the nation and countless discussions with friends and family, I have decided to run for President of the United States. For eight years, I sat at the top of South Carolina's state government and watched - sometimes in disbelief - as the statehouse wanted to spend with abandon and, in the process, waste taxpayer dollar after taxpayer dollar. I know what good government can look like. I'm running for President so the people of this nation will know what it feels like. And even though America has come far, we still have many more miles to travel. I want to be able to do the hard work to make sure America is the best place to live, raise a family and do business in the world." -- Fmr. Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC) announcing her 2020 presidential bid in Lexington, SC, April 17, 2019

"At this late age in my life, everything would have to fall perfectly into place and I would have to put on hold what influence I have in the United States Senate in pursuit of what is now too much of a long shot. But, here now, as we look at 2020 and think about who is best to lead this country forward, I'm proud to announce that I am supporter number one of Elizabeth Warren's campaign, and I will work my heart out to elect her President." -- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) announcing that, while he will not seek the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination, he will support Sen. Elizabeth Warren's campaign in Cambridge, MA, May 1, 2019

"Today, here in this great city - a city that has led the nation in so many ways - I am proud to announce my candidacy for President of the United States of America. Today, with your support and the support of millions of people throughout this country, we continue the political revolution begun by Bernie to transform our country economically, politically, socially and environmentally." -- Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) announcing her 2020 presidential bid in Cambridge, MA, May 1, 2019

IRS POWER-CURBING PACKAGE PASSES CONGRESS WITH REPUBLICAN-LIBERTARIAN SUPPORT: NUMEROUS PROVISIONS CURB WHAT GOP, LIBERTARIANS CLAIM ARE IRS ABUSES; AMASH: "THIS IS ABOUT STAMPING OUT A CULTURE OF ARROGANCE AT THE IRS!" -- The Washington Post, May 3, 2019

"We need to have strength and decision-making and authority back in the Oval Office and that is why today I am proud to announce my candidacy for the Republican nomination for President of the United States of America." -- Fmr. Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ) announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Livingston, NJ, May 7, 2019

PENCE MAKES BREAKTHROUGH IN GOP FIELD; KAINE FRONTRUNNER FOR DEMS -- The Washington Post, May 13, 2019
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2017, 11:09:32 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2018, 01:23:48 PM by brucejoel99 »

"I have come here to my hometown today because I care about my country and its future, and I care about the future of this earth on which we all depend. I am here today to make a commitment to each of you that I intend to keep and honor: That I will work with all my energy and that I will do whatever is necessary to bring about real change. And so, I am here to stand as a candidate for President of the United States in 2020. But this candidacy is not simply about me. It is about us. You and you and you." -- Fmr. Gov. Jerry Brown (D-CA) announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Oakland, CA, May 20, 2019

MILITARY SPENDING TO BE DRASTICALLY CUT BY JOHNSON'S BUDGET BLUEPRINT; ALL LIBERTARIANS + ENOUGH DEMS EXPECTED TO SUPPORT PASSAGE -- The Washington Post, June 2, 2019

"Our system of government - our democracy - is built on a foundation of trust. Today, that foundation is cracked. I am running this campaign for President to not only earn your trust, but to help repair that foundation." -- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) announcing her 2020 presidential bid in Albany, NY, June 8, 2019

"I'm running for President because I think that, with a lot of help, I can stem the tide of this slide and restore America's leadership in the world and change our priorities. Simply put, my experience and my track record - both on the foreign and domestic side - put me in a position to be able to do that." -- Fmr. Vice President Joe Biden (D-DE) announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Wilmington, DE, June 8, 2019

"So because I have become increasingly concerned about how the country is being run and because I have decided to act on my concern, I hereby announce my candidacy for President of the United States." -- Fmr. Gov. Brian Sandoval (R-NV) announcing his 2020 presidential bid in Reno, NV, June 18, 2019
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2017, 11:39:31 PM »
« Edited: April 28, 2018, 01:25:19 PM by brucejoel99 »

2020 Presidential Candidates

America's Sweetheart ❤/𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖔𝖔𝖙𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖗𝖗𝖎𝖔𝖗
TexArkana
Junior Chimp