New data suggests Hillary won white male/female millennials. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:03:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  New data suggests Hillary won white male/female millennials. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New data suggests Hillary won white male/female millennials.  (Read 12677 times)
I Won - Get Over It
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:57:10 AM »

Some of Trump's most passionate supporters were marching against the Vietnam War during their youths, were they not?

Good point.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 06:44:16 AM »

Generation z is 55% nonhispanic white. If they can get 70% of these voters and 30% of the nonwhite voters (especially the alt right/nationalistic Hispanics and Asians) then that's 52% of the vote share. This isn't as crazy as it sounds if you just look at how internet discussion forums from 2011-2016 went from being dominated by liberals and occasionally libertarians to conservatives and alt right "racial realists" and nationalists. People are quick to dismiss these as Russian trolls and old conservatives, but if you respond to them you quickly realize they're young Americans teens who genuinely believe this stuff. They pop up even in nonpolitical videos and threads.

Don't you think this is overly anecdotal? For instance I've seen some remark that Atlas is being overrun with alt-right Trump supporters but in reality most of that is coming from people like eharding, EnglishPete and a few others. Really vocal, posts a lot but overall not big in number.

Also if you looked at Internet forums to tried and gauge how things are going to play out IRL, given the demographics around here at least, you may assume that Aliens have descended from the heavens and snatched up all the women, and American politics is poised to be dominated by gay white males for the foreseeable future.
It is true. I hope you had the same opinion when Hillary talked about 'half of Trump's supporters is a basket of deplorables'. She wrongly generalized and deliberately associated the vocal (thanks to media), but tiny minority with all (half of) Trump’s supporters.

Because media and Democrats didn't. Instead they said that she is in fact more or less right.

The same applies to many protesters. They are often tiny, but vocal (again, thanks to media) minority. I'm not saying they do anything bad - quite the opposite! - protesting strengths and advances democracy. But one should not think they are representative. It is destructive.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies