Democrats' twitter: "GOP healthcare bill needs revision"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:56:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Democrats' twitter: "GOP healthcare bill needs revision"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Democrats' twitter: "GOP healthcare bill needs revision"  (Read 408 times)
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2017, 09:44:55 AM »

https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/status/839583058894422017

So the message I'm getting from this tweet is that Democrats don't want to actually fight the GOP on healthcare, they're fine with revising Obamacare and compromising on healthcare with the GOP.

Pathetic.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 09:51:25 AM »

Uh .... no?

Dramatic much?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 09:51:43 AM »

Really taking a strong stance there.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 10:01:08 AM »

So the message I'm getting from this tweet is that Democrats don't want to actually fight the GOP on healthcare, they're fine with revising Obamacare and compromising on healthcare with the GOP.

Pathetic.

Roll Eyes
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 10:01:50 AM »

Really taking a strong stance there.

Less is more. Kudos to the Dems!  Smiley
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 10:10:59 AM »

Let's be fair some intern probably wrote that tweet. If the dems did start working on it then we have a problem
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 10:59:02 AM »

I mean wacko conservatives have more gusto in opposing it because it doesn't throw the poor in a ditch and set them on fire than Democrats have in defending the poor and fighting against this bill!
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 11:03:02 AM »

I mean wacko conservatives have more gusto in opposing it because it doesn't throw the poor in a ditch and set them on fire than Democrats have in defending the poor and fighting against this bill!

You don't think the Dems should propose what they want to do?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 11:15:56 AM »

What they propose shouldn't be a "revision". It should be either of two things - status quo, or expanded care. They should not negotiate on any reduction in benefits for people. They certainly shouldn't say that a bill as catastrophic as the GOP bill that has been pushed needs merely "revision".

I'm not going into details because that's not the point of this thread. The point of this thread is Democrats being filled with utterly meek individuals who just don't get it.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 11:22:11 AM »

This is literally *one* insignificant tweet.  The Democrats have already made it more than obvious they won't support any bill to repeal Obamacare and to pretend otherwise is disingenuous at best (and if you really think the Democrats will cave on this, I've got a vacation home in Antartica to sell you).  Right now, letting the Republicans fight amongst themselves and eviscerate their own bill is the smart play.  Why get in the way when your enemies are fighting amongst themselves?  
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 11:33:26 AM »

Pathetic.
Way to try and twist this into something that it isn't. 
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 11:34:48 AM »

Democrats are literally Hitler, we NEED a true left wing party not Republican lite!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2017, 11:35:00 AM »

iifc the democrats themselves said before the election, OCARE needs to be saved and the GOP ofc wasn't willing to help.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2017, 11:35:29 AM »
« Edited: March 09, 2017, 11:39:06 AM by Torie »

What they propose shouldn't be a "revision". It should be either of two things - status quo, or expanded care. They should not negotiate on any reduction in benefits for people. They certainly shouldn't say that a bill as catastrophic as the GOP bill that has been pushed needs merely "revision".

I'm not going into details because that's not the point of this thread. The point of this thread is Democrats being filled with utterly meek individuals who just don't get it.

Well this is much ado about nothing. The current ACA has problems. They need to be fixed. The Dems may propose extensive "revisions." Probably they will not be able to agree on what those are, any more than the Pubs will on their side. That is what happens, when there are tough choices to be made, fraught with political peril, attended by a huge price tag, that needs to be paid for by someone. But what I do take exception to, and the Pubs are as guilty of this as the Dems, and maybe worse, when in opposition, is just bitch about what the other side wants, or a faction thereof, without proposing something constructive, as an alternative.

The public square is a disgrace these days. It's very, very sad.

Thanks for listening.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2017, 11:55:31 AM »

I don't think it's constructive to let the GOP dominate the public square with infighting because all it does is move the conversation to the right. That's what we've seen in the last few years.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 11:57:53 AM »

I don't think it's constructive to let the GOP dominate the public square with infighting because all it does is move the conversation to the right. That's what we've seen in the last few years.

I don't think we've seen any real Republican infighting on healthcare since the ACA was passed until now, actually.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 11:58:03 AM »

you are technically right but i don't think this is harming democrats cause there is no "moving to the right" if you healthcare is revoked.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »

one can accept that that Obamacare is far from perfect and needs revision, while also acknowledging that it's not exactly good politics for Democrats to not just be making a mockery of the GOP for running against Obamacare for years and years and then THIS is what they come up with. 

politically, this is a more proper response:

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies