To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:17:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid.  (Read 8541 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2017, 09:31:14 PM »

What exactly are you trying to say...?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2017, 09:43:18 PM »

I guess there's something to be said for freedom of speech. Both sides have a right to say what they want to say.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2017, 09:47:42 PM »

I guess there's something to be said for freedom of speech. Both sides have a right to say what they want to say.

...Who was saying they didn't? Huh
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2017, 09:49:19 PM »

since i am not able to control me fellow leftists, how shall i blame other right-ists for the comments and the worldview of others.

the interesting question is only how you judge the opinions of the radical elements of "your" side.

the right surely took the lead through praising the fringe-right, even while milo finally found the wall.....the left is trying to broaden its own frontiers but is still much more "limited" in some ways.

Trapsy

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2017, 10:07:04 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2017, 10:11:22 PM by Trapsy »

If you remove all the nastiness of Trumps personality, there was a clear message that people resonated with even with non whites. All these calculations about what we should try to change to appeal to other voters misses the point. look, I am not overlooking the fact that we need to stop being elitist but we should focus on simplifying our message to all voters.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2017, 10:10:30 PM »

i am not convinced that you can be an asshole all the time and never are forced to pay for it...this only works in some years, with some moods, against some candidates and it still didn't REALLY work.

maybe the next time, trump has crushed the outsider image so much, that the forst one to call his rival even something harmless like "jerk" will be toast.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2017, 10:19:54 PM »

Oh yes, this is quite true. The problem is a liberal looks at Pruitt saying global warming isn't real, and thinks "Anyone who believes him must be stupid", when in fact, their support of him is just code for "I don't want environmentalism ruining my economy," or "I don't care if Florida is underwater in 200 years" or something like that. It's not so much a matter of stupidity as a difference in values and priorities. Which can be engaged upon. But if you assume they're stupid right off the bat, you won't engage.

Global warming is already destroying the economy:
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/sep/26/climate-change-damaging-global-economy
You must be logged in to read this quote.

And Florida is sinking *now*.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/04/science/flooding-of-coast-caused-by-global-warming-has-already-begun.html
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Pretending pi is 3 is not a  difference "in values and priorities" it's the difference in whether or not your buildings fall down.
All the better a reason to vote for Trump-if global warming turns my parent's house into an oceanfront rather than intracoastal front home, my grandchildren will be rich.

Is this a serious comment? How many meters from sea level is your parents' house located?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2017, 11:27:41 PM »

Republicans won because we treat people with respect, unlike the Democrats who call others deplorables, and because we recognize the struggles of Americans, unlike the Democrats, who ignored large sectors of the American people, e.g. people in the rust belt, who Hillary virtually ignored.   
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2017, 11:29:15 PM »

Republicans won because we treat people with respect, unlike the Democrats who call others deplorables, and because we recognize the struggles of Americans, unlike the Democrats, who ignored large sectors of the American people, e.g. people in the rust belt, who Hillary virtually ignored.   

REALLY!? lmao
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2017, 11:32:44 PM »

Republicans won because we treat people with respect, .....

i respect your wish to forget the cruel results of this election through constantly behaving like "your side" REALLY won, but we both know, at some point this is going to bore you more than it satisfies.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2017, 11:37:50 PM »

So you just high or in denial
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 11:46:02 PM »

Amen to the OP.

No party which treats regular voters without a basic modicum of respect deserves to win. The fact that Americans are stuck with two parties that don't meet this criterion is the real tragedy of this country.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2017, 11:57:26 PM »

sure amen to the OP but i think our "general sense of fairness" often makes us wonder how the "other side" gets away with cheaper explanations.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2017, 12:12:28 AM »

For:  Mondale Won 1 State

When you take into consideration that Mondale lost the 2002 Minnesota U.S. Senate election, that means that Mondale was the only candidate in the history of U.S. elections to have lost a statewide vote in all 50 states, because Reagan won the other 49 states in the Presidential election of 1984 against Mondale.  Smiley

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2017, 12:47:12 AM »

Republicans hate Democrats and Democrats hate Republicans. That's how it is.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2017, 12:48:55 AM »

-It doesn't have to be that way. But it's the usual course of things.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2017, 01:16:15 AM »

Republicans, Democrats, Independents, should all learn even though we have our differences, we should all have respect for one another.

We are, after all, all members of the human race.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2017, 01:36:03 AM »

Republicans, Democrats, Independents, should all learn even though we have our differences, we should all have respect for one another.

We are, after all, all members of the human race.

That includes urban people as well.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2017, 01:51:09 AM »

Republicans  need to learn that those who are not old non college-educated white Christian men are real Americans too and deserving of just the same rights and respect.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2017, 07:46:23 AM »

Anyone left of center who, for whatever reason, didn't vote for Hillary is far dumber than people who voted for Trump.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2017, 08:13:58 AM »

Anyone left of center who, for whatever reason, didn't vote for Hillary is far dumber than people who voted for Trump.

Millions of people satisfy your condition)))))
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2017, 09:37:17 AM »

None of this actually matters because the changing demographics ensure that the Republicans are eventually doomed.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2017, 09:39:50 AM »

All you can judge things on at the end of the day are your personal experiences, no?  The Democrats I've met in my life are at least as stupid as the Republicans, though I wouldn't say there is some "correlation," because I'm not a dlckhead.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2017, 10:18:06 AM »

None of this actually matters because the changing demographics ensure that the Republicans are eventually doomed.

Eventually - WHEN? If 30 years from now that may be of little interest to me. I am not that young..
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2017, 10:18:56 AM »

I think Joe Scarborough was spot on this morning about this. People who voted for trump, fine, I will disagree with you very strongly on that, but ok. But those who choose to remain ignorant about all of these lies he keeps telling, then they are stupid and shame on them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies