To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:27:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: To my fellow Democrats/liberals: Stop saying Republican voters are stupid.  (Read 8542 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2017, 09:46:02 AM »

i totally agree - as i said before - with the logic of the OP, at least cause it is smart politics.

otherwise the "rural" resentment against the "urban lifestyle" is ofc an underrated narrative.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2017, 10:30:36 AM »

Most of the comments here seep to be either "but they are stupid!" or "both sides do it!". This is what's wrong with the modern left.

Please share your explanation why refusing to kneel before a horde of rabid, brain-damaged troglodytes and the billionaire sociopaths occasionally guiding their stampede is "wrong". I'm rather curious.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2017, 11:52:18 AM »

Most of the comments here seep to be either "but they are stupid!" or "both sides do it!". This is what's wrong with the modern left.

Please share your explanation why refusing to kneel before a horde of rabid, brain-damaged troglodytes and the billionaire sociopaths occasionally guiding their stampede is "wrong". I'm rather curious.

That fact that this is how you view all Trump supporters, including ones in the Midwest that have previously reliable Democrats, shows me that any attempts to explain this to you would be wasted effort on my part.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2017, 12:12:30 PM »

Amen.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2017, 01:24:43 PM »

Why does they left have to be the one to fight political polarization. Is it because if you asked Republicans/conservatives to stop insulting Democratic voters, they'd laugh in your face, and call you a cuck?

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2017, 01:30:11 PM »

That fact that this is how you view all Trump supporters, including ones in the Midwest that have previously reliable Democrats, shows me that any attempts to explain this to you would be wasted effort on my part.

It turns out that when you insult swing voters for entertaining the opposition they don't vote for you.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2017, 01:33:02 PM »

Why does they left have to be the one to fight political polarization. Is it because if you asked Republicans/conservatives to stop insulting Democratic voters, they'd laugh in your face, and call you a cuck?

This may be a surprise, but most Republicans aren't on /pol/ or the Daily Stormer. We don't call people cucks.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2017, 01:44:45 PM »

'The definition of insanity is voting Republican over and over again, but expecting different results.'
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #108 on: March 12, 2017, 01:50:09 PM »

'The definition of insanity is voting Republican over and over again, but expecting different results.'

Perhaps, but a (disturbingly) significant number of Trump's general election-only voters (as opposed to Trump's primary + GE voters) were either Democrats or at most, inconsistent Republican voters, along with some who had rarely or never voted before at all.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2017, 02:06:07 PM »

Republicans need to treat 48% of the population with basic decency first.
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2017, 02:15:33 PM »

This...

Historically "educated" voters make no better or worse choices than the "uneducated". After all, the uneducated vote gave us Clement Attlee and FDR while the smart educated voters gave us that Austrian with the funny moustache.

...is a good response to the bizarre trend towards education-based snobbery that has emerged on certain parts of the left in recent years.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #111 on: March 12, 2017, 02:21:06 PM »

Desperate? Resentful?  Bigoted? Maybe. Such people might vote fully in the service of their worst tendencies. 
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #112 on: March 12, 2017, 02:36:30 PM »

Yes, but Trump is not Republican. Romney&McCain&Bush are closer to Hillary than to Trump and likely voted for her.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #113 on: March 12, 2017, 02:43:32 PM »

Yes, but Trump is not Republican. Romney&McCain&Bush are closer to Hillary than to Trump and likely voted for her.

and as a result we are getting policies which are romney on steroids.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #114 on: March 12, 2017, 02:55:10 PM »

This may be a surprise, but most Republicans aren't on /pol/ or the Daily Stormer. We don't call people cucks.

No, but the general sentiment is there. If it's not cuck, it's libtard or some other such word.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #115 on: March 12, 2017, 03:07:17 PM »

No, but the general sentiment is there. If it's not cuck, it's libtard or some other such word.

If we're talking about general sentiment, having some word or phrase to dismiss the opposition is universal to ideologically-driven groups. The point I made earlier was that it is expedient to apply it to your opponent's base. The Democrats can call Christian conservatives deplorable until the cows come home and it wouldn't hurt them. That's not what they did, though.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2017, 01:20:59 AM »

No. 1 Amazon bestseller: 266 blank pages on why to vote Democrat
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/us/book-best-seller-trnd/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Can we please just admit that Republican voters really are stupid and move on to how we're going to deal with real-world evil Idiocracy?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2017, 02:41:21 AM »

You guys are in for a rough time as it is, don't dig your 2020 hole any deeper.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2017, 02:49:13 AM »

If they really want to jump then you can't stop them.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2017, 03:08:03 AM »

On the contrary, like a New Yorker from the seventies, I should be yelling "jump asshole!" at the intended jumpers.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2017, 07:28:49 AM »

On the contrary, like a New Yorker from the seventies, I should be yelling "jump asshole!" at the intended jumpers.
Yeah I'm sure 2020 will be effected by liberals in a thread saying Trump supporters are stupid
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2017, 10:37:07 AM »

This forum's "liberals" are unusual and marginal, but it's not as if they exist in a vacuum. Everyone knows that these ideas aren't unique to the forum.
Correct. The number of 'liberals' who say loudly that "Republican voters are stupid" is little.
But the number of 'liberals' who thinks so (some probably struggle to admit that to themselves) is likely not that little.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2017, 10:57:05 AM »

newsflash: everybody got a public and a private position.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2017, 11:00:41 AM »

This...

Historically "educated" voters make no better or worse choices than the "uneducated". After all, the uneducated vote gave us Clement Attlee and FDR while the smart educated voters gave us that Austrian with the funny moustache.

...is a good response to the bizarre trend towards education-based snobbery that has emerged on certain parts of the left in recent years.

You can be a well educated moron, there's millions of them. The people who are absolutely beyond redemption are those in my own income bracket who voted Republican out of party loyalty. People making over $100,000+ willfully voted for a f**king idiot and I will never forget how pathetic their goddamn excuses were. If they suffer, I have not an ounce of sympathy for them. Poorer folk who voted for Trump at least wanted hope of some kind and perhaps a new start. The rich f**ks are spineless bastards.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2017, 11:24:24 AM »

No. 1 Amazon bestseller: 266 blank pages on why to vote Democrat
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/09/us/book-best-seller-trnd/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Can we please just admit that Republican voters really are stupid and move on to how we're going to deal with real-world evil Idiocracy?

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies