Trump & Russia effect on 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:11:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump & Russia effect on 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trump & Russia effect on 2020  (Read 2422 times)
SCNCmod

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 11, 2017, 02:21:40 AM »

Do you think Russia Probes will turn up any info or connections between Trump (or his camp) & Russia.... to a degree that will have a significant effect on the 2020 election?

Also, what do you think explains Trumps overly friendly attitude towards Russia?

(For me personally, at the very least it strikes me as obvious that much of it has to do with the fact that Russian Money (investing in real estate) has been very important to the past, current & future success of the Trump Organization... and Trump knows that much of the new class of millionaires were created by Putin (redistributing post USSR property, money, etc)... So he doesn't want to alienate them).
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 02:25:52 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2017, 02:29:46 PM by Clay »

I think if a thorough investigation is done, then yes there will be outright evidence that Trump's campaign worked with Russia in order to undermine the Clinton campaign.

To any observer who isn't simply a crazed Trump voter, something most definitely happened. There's too much piling up that suggests as much. From so many people on his staff lying about meeting with the Russians, to the link found between Trump and a Russian bank, to Trump's refusal to call Putin anything other than a ruthless dictator who murders his own people.

Something happened. The only question is to the extent it happened.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 02:37:31 PM »

I think most likely outcome of this Russia story is more damning evidence leading some more people like Sessions or Bannon (fingers crossed) in Trump's inner circle resigning and for the rest of his term hangs like a shadow over him
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 04:19:31 PM »

Seriously, how long will it take for people to realize Hillary ran an awful campaign and that it was her fault for losing?
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 04:38:17 PM »

Seriously, how long will it take for people to realize Hillary ran an awful campaign and that it was her fault for losing?

By 2020, trying to play the Russia argument will just be flogging a dead horse.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 04:43:06 PM »

Ok she did but that doesn't make any possible deal Trump or his people did with Russia not treasonous
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 04:46:29 PM »

Russia will definitely be brought up in 2020 in relation to the Russians hacking the Democratic nominee at that time.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 05:21:28 PM »

Putin is as much a ruthless dictator that murders his own people as Obama was. Less, actually.

Clay is deranged, as typical for a Bush-lover who went for HRC.

My guess is that the Russia issue, if it is brought up will, if anything, hurt the Democrats, as it did in 2016, due to all sane people being frightened of fools seeking fame stoking Hitler-style xenophobia. I know for a fact lots of young pro-Bernie people considered HRC toxic for Her saber-rattling at the largest nuclear-armed power in the world.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 05:36:34 PM »

*snip*

Ok she did but that doesn't make any possible deal Trump or his people did with Russia not treasonous
But did it actually happen?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 05:39:25 PM »

This will be the verdict of history.

This will be the whole of it.

There will be nothing else but this of significant when all was revealed.

Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 05:45:12 PM »

*snip*

But did it actually happen?
Possibly if Trump didn't keep lying about meeting the Russian ambassador this wouldn't be an issue
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 06:19:53 PM »

By 2020, trying to play the Russia argument will just be flogging a dead horse.

Like Benghazi.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 06:48:30 PM »

Oh, Democrats will almost certainly bring it up. I would be surprised if it didn't backfire spectacularly or had any impact, though.
Serious question how is it in RW world foreign powers donating to the Clinton Foundation (which is a charity) is enough to make Hillary a crook but Trump an his team constantly lying about meeting the Russian ambassador, the RNC platform on Ukraine is changed an reportably by Trump's orders, his over the top defense of Putin, an his decade long rumored ties to Russian oligarchs not even raise an eyebrow
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 06:59:16 PM »

Oh, Democrats will almost certainly bring it up. I would be surprised if it didn't backfire spectacularly or had any impact, though.
Serious question how is it in RW world foreign powers donating to the Clinton Foundation (which is a charity) is enough to make Hillary a crook but Trump an his team constantly lying about meeting the Russian ambassador, the RNC platform on Ukraine is changed an reportably by Trump's orders, his over the top defense of Putin, an his decade long rumored ties to Russian oligarchs not even raise an eyebrow
Because most Americans view Saudi Arabia with a negative shade in their eyes. If Saudi Arabia gives you money, most people don't see that as a good thing. Secondly, whats so bad about meeting a foreign ambassador? Third, when was his """"over the top defense"""" of Putin? The most I've heard is "I don't know Putin," not sure how that's an over the top defense though.

I'd like some evidence  for these claims. These are some over the top allegations :/
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 07:05:22 PM »

Because most Americans view Saudi Arabia with a negative shade in their eyes. If Saudi Arabia gives you money, most people don't see that as a good thing. Secondly, whats so bad about meeting a foreign ambassador? Third, when was his """"over the top defense"""" of Putin? The most I've heard is "I don't know Putin," not sure how that's an over the top defense though.

I'd like some evidence  for these claims. These are some over the top allegations :/
Oh god I am sick of this excuse it's the LYING about meeting him that's bad not meeting the ambassador himself. An second what "over the top defense"? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZXsYuJIGTg
Eharding

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 07:09:47 PM »

-Why are you supporting risking WWIII over Ukraine for no reason? Obama didn't, and, for good reason, neither does the current Prez. Trump's defenses of Putin have the benefit of being true, something not shared by most amateur Putinologist criticisms of the man. This is surprising, as Trump tends to lie about everything, even little and obvious things.

The Clinton Foundation is just the Clintons' version of the Trump Foundation, but on a far larger scale. Both orgs are sleazy to the extreme.

Trump's ties with Russian oligarchs are, firstly, so non-existent as for there to be no Trump Tower in Moscow, second, were encouraged by the U.S. press for the entire decade of the 2000s.

Who's funding this mad Russophobia, anyway? Who benefit from it? It's certainly not good for the U.S.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 07:14:11 PM »

-Why are you supporting risking WWIII over Ukraine for no reason? Obama didn't, and, for good reason, neither does the current Prez. Trump's defenses of Putin have the benefit of being true, something not shared by most amateur Putinologist criticisms of the man. This is surprising, as Trump tends to lie about everything, even little and obvious things.

The Clinton Foundation is just the Clintons' version of the Trump Foundation, but on a far larger scale. Both orgs are sleazy to the extreme.

Trump's ties with Russian oligarchs are, firstly, so non-existent as for there to be no Trump Tower in Moscow, second, were encouraged by the U.S. press for the entire decade of the 2000s.

Who's funding this mad Russophobia, anyway? Who benefit from it? It's certainly not good for the U.S.
Why is Putin risking WWIII by murdering civilians in Syria and shooting at US plans? Funny how you think Putin's crimes are not worth mentioning the the US defending Ukraine sovereignty is a crime
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 07:23:25 PM »

Why is Putin risking WWIII by murdering civilians in Syria and shooting at US plans? Funny how you think Putin's crimes are not worth mentioning the the US defending Ukraine sovereignty is a crime
Why was Hillary risking WWIII by putting a no-fly zone over Syria to shoot down Russian planes?
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »

Why was Hillary risking WWIII by putting a no-fly zone over Syria to shoot down Russian planes?
Why are you using pathetic hyperbole to defend Putin's atrocities in Syria?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 07:35:37 PM »

Putin is as much a ruthless dictator that murders his own people as Obama was. Less, actually.

My guess is that the Russia issue, if it is brought up will, if anything, hurt the Democrats, as it did in 2016, due to all sane people being frightened of fools seeking fame stoking Hitler-style xenophobia. I know for a fact lots of young pro-Bernie people considered HRC toxic for Her saber-rattling at the largest nuclear-armed power in the world.

I'm sorry. You just said that Obama was more of a murderous dictator than Putin is. Anything you said after that cannot be taken seriously.

Honestly how can you defend Putin? The man kills his own citizens and YES he IS a ruthless dictator. Do you really know so little of world affairs that you don't know this?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 07:42:38 PM »

Why is Saudi Arabia worse than Russia? Saudi Arabia has not shot down airliners, invaded foreign countries, or hacked Americans. Even their record on women's rights is improving, not that Trump supporters give a crap about that. And even if you do hate Saudi Arabia for some unjustified reason, Trump has approved arms sales to Saudi Arabia that had been blocked by Obama for human rights reasons.
Eharding

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 07:46:28 PM »

I'm sorry. You just said that Obama was more of a murderous dictator than Putin is. Anything you said after that cannot be taken seriously.

Honestly how can you defend Putin? The man kills his own citizens and YES he IS a ruthless dictator. Do you really know so little of world affairs that you don't know this?

-No; I know infinitely more than you. Have you seen Putin's approval rating lately?
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2017, 07:49:11 PM »

It could get them some of the diehard neocons who voted for McMullin or a write-in last time, but we're talking about 2% of the population that actually votes on aggressive FP above all else.  It would be theoretically enough to flip the electoral college, except that they all live in VA, MD, UT and parts of Texas.  This is probably a bad strategy for the long run as it turns off the college kids on the margin and dovish Midwestern Trump voters could write the Dems off for good.
Eharding

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2017, 07:50:14 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2017, 07:52:02 PM by Eharding »

Why is Saudi Arabia worse than Russia? Saudi Arabia has not shot down airliners, invaded foreign countries, or hacked Americans. Even their record on women's rights is improving, not that Trump supporters give a crap about that. And even if you do hate Saudi Arabia for some unjustified reason, Trump has approved arms sales to Saudi Arabia that had been blocked by Obama for human rights reasons.

-Man, if you're so ignorant as to be unaware of the Saudi interventions in Bahrain and Yemen, you might not be qualified to be mod. The U.S. has shot down airliners, though. How do you know Saudi Arabia hasn't hacked Americans?

Saudi Arabia lacks all form of democratic government, unlike Russia, and has much less regard for its citizens' liberties. It's also a much larger state sponsor of terror.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2017, 07:51:36 PM »

-Man, if you're so ignorant as to be unaware of the Saudi interventions in Bahrain and Yemen, you're probably not qualified to be mod. The U.S. has shot down airliners, though. How do you know Saudi Arabia hasn't hacked Americans?

An "intervention" is not an annexation. The US last shot down an airliner in the 1980s, and admitted to the event. The Russians have yet to admit their "rebels" shot down MH 17.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies