Disgraced mods
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:03:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Disgraced mods
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Disgraced mods  (Read 3035 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2017, 12:58:47 PM »

Al resigned over the things he said on IRC that were leaked by Inks (though again, that may be a reach to call "disgraced").

Bit more complicated than that: I was doing a slow handover thing with Hash - having successfully cut out other mods from having any say over who succeeded me lol - and that whole bizarre situation brought things forward a bit for reasons of 'fyck this'.

Now on another forum I was sacked as a moderator after two days for replacing an antisemitic post by an obvious Nazi with an emoji mocking him...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2017, 12:59:41 PM »

Inks was quite a schemer, wasn't he?

I gather that he watched The Lives Of Others once and rather drastically misinterpreted it.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2017, 01:05:39 PM »

what the....is that something which happened on this site?

Yes. He also tried soliciting for it on the forum, which is why he was forced to resign as a moderator.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2017, 01:08:07 PM »

what the....is that something which happened on this site?

Yes. He also tried soliciting for it on the forum, which is why he was forced to resign as a moderator.

amazingly disgusting...and thanks.

seems like something which could lead to ugly lawsuits.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2017, 01:09:18 PM »

I love Tender's "logic" suggesting him saying Hillary was a poor candidate contributed to his demmoding by the conspiracy of leftists.

If this was the case, Virginia, who was anything but shy in voicing her concerns about Hillary's flaws as a candidate all the time, would never be promoted. Yours truly also expressed criticism.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2017, 01:24:43 PM »

My apologies to BK for making this thread, I completely forgot about his case while making this thread. If he wants me to delete this, I'll do.

dead0man, just let it go.

I was the one who brought it up. I had little to no knowledge of the circumstances under which Bacon King participated in ModLeaks, and I would not have brought up the matter had I known.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2017, 01:41:01 PM »

Kal, for this thread.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »
« Edited: March 12, 2017, 01:49:29 PM by Torie »

This idea that there is some ideological litmus test in the Cave is utterly and totally false. It has no impact whatsoever (other than some desire all other things being equal to have some ideological balance). What can be a problem is not the content of one's point of view, but rather continually posting content that is on the edge, or goes over the edge, of what is within the TOS. If Mods are to enforce the TOS, they had better follow it themselves. To allow otherwise would be intolerably unjust.

Oh, one other thing - the Cave is not dominated by a pack of "Leftists,"  nor is the Cave intimidated by the same outside the Cave. That just makes me laugh. In fact, a Pub just got a promotion in the Cave.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2017, 01:49:16 PM »

Sawx was banned after intimidating Snowstalker on IRC.

I thought Sawx was banned for making a sock very early on in his posting history, or something like that. Also, how bad do you have to be on IRC to get banned? I feel like most people would just sign off if it ever got that bad.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2017, 01:50:23 PM »

I thought Sawx was banned for making a sock very early on in his posting history, or something like that. Also, how bad do you have to be on IRC to get banned? I feel like most people would just sign off if it ever got that bad.

1. I think it was Carl (who had another account which he never used).

2. Really bad I think. See Teddy's "I want to assault Joe Republic" incident.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2017, 01:51:12 PM »

Nope, it was the making of threats that were way behind the pale. Sawx to his credit acknowledged that after the fact, and was remorseful. 
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2017, 01:59:20 PM »

Kalwejt for accidentally deleting every TL in a drunken haze one night a few months from now.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2017, 03:44:25 PM »

No, Sawx was banned for comments he made during a game of Cards Against Humanity, not on IRC.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2017, 01:04:34 AM »

Why does Tender now say "ultra-leftist" instead of the classic "left-leftist"?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2017, 01:57:55 AM »

I feel like a lot of these disgraced mods deserve a chance to come in and try again. Moderation is not based on the spoils system- we need everyone with a sufficient interest in and identification with the community to have a chance. This generally would include posters with above 10,000 posts, along with many of those under that number that have made decent contributions to the forum.

There's a limit to how many mods we actually need. Giving all the people you propose a chance would be serious overkill.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2017, 05:17:49 AM »

I feel like a lot of these disgraced mods deserve a chance to come in and try again. Moderation is not based on the spoils system- we need everyone with a sufficient interest in and identification with the community to have a chance. This generally would include posters with above 10,000 posts, along with many of those under that number that have made decent contributions to the forum.

There are a lot of posters I could name that deserves to be mods (more than myself, that's for sure), but, as PiT pointed out, there's no room for too many.

Beside, since important actions needs a consensus within the mod community, that would utterly stall everything.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2017, 07:03:48 AM »

deserved
You must be logged in to read this quote.
you are correct here as well.  It is not as dumb as Ameriplan.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Unless I'm forgetting something (and that's likely), I've mentioned it all of twice now.....and I've regretted it both times so hopefully won't be making the mistake again Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2017, 07:28:58 AM »

I don't like you too.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2017, 07:37:21 AM »

What is Ameriplan?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2017, 08:16:02 AM »

Well, now I understand why people don't like Tender. Deserved.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2017, 10:17:22 AM »

Well, now I understand why people don't like Tender. Deserved.

There is some talk in the cave about Tender being appointed Atlas Ambassador to the Reddit Red Pill page. I think that would satisfy all sides involved Smiley
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2017, 12:20:52 PM »

Bacon King should be brought back. Aside from one fateful mistake, as I understand it, he was a good moderator for a many years.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2017, 12:23:46 PM »

Bacon King should be brought back. Aside from one fateful mistake, as I understand it, he was a good moderator for a many years.

Actually, you're right. It's not like Bacon stalked anybody, made threats or tried to scam us.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2017, 12:25:49 PM »

Bacon King should not be brought back (though I sympathize with his plight in relation to the ModLeaks incident, I do not consider him suitable for other reasons), but Tender Brandon definitely should be. One particularly nasty outburst should not be reason enough to demod someone.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2017, 12:46:53 PM »

Bacon King should not be brought back (though I sympathize with his plight in relation to the ModLeaks incident, I do not consider him suitable for other reasons), but Tender Brandon definitely should be. One particularly nasty outburst should not be reason enough to demod someone.

Indeed.

The Tender-haters on here behaved like Republicans in the late 90s, who wanted to impeach Bill Clinton because Monica Lewinsky (and other women) liked to suck his cock (and other things).

Their hatred against me was terrifying last year and all just because I spoke the truth. But the truth hurts and especially for the politically-correct leftists on here ...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies