Disgraced mods
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:47:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Disgraced mods
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Disgraced mods  (Read 3034 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2017, 05:18:42 AM »

I've been wondering about this recently (I know, there are better things to wonder about Tongue), and I can think of a couple mods who had to resign/were outright sacked.

Inks: stalked Simfan.

Sawx: I don't remember, since I was on break.

Bushie: extremely poor judgement (Ameriplan stuff)

Tender: Wink

Do I miss somebody/something?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 05:37:37 AM »

Bacon King over ModLeaks, no? Sawx was banned after intimidating Snowstalker on IRC.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 05:39:25 AM »

Right, though I would hesitate to apply term "disgraced" here.

Hadn't Joe's resignation been accelerated with the Tweed thing?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 08:06:44 AM »

Al resigned over the things he said on IRC that were leaked by Inks (though again, that may be a reach to call "disgraced").

Joe resigned over his suicide comment to Tweed on AAD.

ag resigned over his suicide comment to DavidB.

Mr. Morden resigned as part of an anonymous deal with Dave Leip to avoid a special prosecutor over his meetings with the Russian ambassador.  (Oh wait, I guess I wasn't supposed to talk about that one.  Oops.)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 08:16:04 AM »

why?  Certainly dumber than Ameriplan.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 08:40:27 AM »

Al resigned over the things he said on IRC that were leaked by Inks (though again, that may be a reach to call "disgraced").

Inks was quite a schemer, wasn't he?
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 08:42:50 AM »

Kalwejt over the Great Scandal of 2017

What? Who said that?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 08:45:35 AM »

Kalwejt over the Great Scandal of 2017

What? Who said that?

Actually, I'm planning this for 2018.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 08:51:07 AM »

Just for the (historical) record:

I was removed because Dave was acting like a small child and because of the annoying, bullying ultra-leftists on here who cannot stand it if someone has a different opinion than their own politically correct-one.

I was not removed because of my work as moderator though, because that work was also positive throughout several years. I was removed because the ultra-leftists disliked me and what I said and Dave followed them without thinking properly (and without having a sense of sarcasm).
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 09:53:30 AM »

I think I was on my break from the site during the whole ModLeaks thing.  All I know about it is that it involved Tweed manipulating BK into granting him access to his Atlas account so that he could read the mod cave and see whose names are on Torie's 'users I really wanna bang' list or whatever.  Somebody with more details or sources should write an article about the saga on the Atlas Wiki.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 10:02:43 AM »

while the other "scandals" of the gruesome past are well-explained, may i ask what has been "ameriplan stuff"?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 10:44:11 AM »

I think I was on my break from the site during the whole ModLeaks thing.  All I know about it is that it involved Tweed manipulating BK into granting him access to his Atlas account so that he could read the mod cave and see whose names are on Torie's 'users I really wanna bang' list or whatever.  Somebody with more details or sources should write an article about the saga on the Atlas Wiki.

From what I understand, BK was heavily medicated (not in the sense that one uses this to refer to alcohol intoxication) at the time, and that Tweed (knowingly or unknowingly, I know not) took advantage of this. BK was removed from his status as Moderator and I believer temporarily banned. Given the nature of this, and BK's welcome place in the Forum, I wouldn't call him "disgraced" due to the incident.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 11:09:57 AM »

Here is BK's confession from modleaks, ftr:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=216272.msg4666316#msg4666316
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2017, 12:06:27 PM »

Bacon was pretty much a victim here, not a villain. The community fully realized that early on.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2017, 12:30:57 PM »

why?  Certainly dumber than Ameriplan.

wow f you dude

Yeah it was a big league mistake and a lack of judgement to gave Tweed my password. I took responsibility for my mistake and I accetped the repercussions.

Frankly I think it's incredibly insulting that you consider my actions to be worse that literally forcing one's friends and family to waste hundreds of dollars on a fraudulent health "insurance" "plan"-- the comparison is offensive.

I also feel unfairly treated -- bullied, even, -- that you apparently can never resist the urge to bring it up at every chance you get. You constantly imply that I'm a complete dunce and that my mistake is representative of some sort of innate character flaws. You've known me on this forum since 2007. You should have ample evidence in your memories to understand my mistake was a unique circumstance and entirely unlike any behavior I've exhibited both before and since.

In case you (or others) were not clear on the specifics:

1. I have a psychiatric disability that would quickly become debilitating if not for the 7 pills I take every morning.

2. The month prior to my ban, my doctor was concerned about potential interactions with some of my prescriptions so he changed my mood stabilizer to a different brand

3. I pay out of pocket because I don't have (and cannot afford) health insurance. As a result, for most years my annual medical expenses are above 100% of my annual income, because increasing that mountain of debt ever higher was actually the least bad option available to me at the time

4. I arrive at the pharmacy to pay for all my prescriptions - the new drug was ~$350 more than twice as expensive as all my other medications combined. I literally don't thave the money to pay for it and none of my friends or family had that kind of money sitting around to lend me. At the time I couldn't even afford the $150 appointment fee I would have needed to visit my doctor a second time to request a different prescription that was within the realm of what I could possibly afford.

5. I therefore went weeks without access to a crucial medication. Without the mood stabilizer my bipolar disorder became "unbalanced" from the even level it should be at, and my mood/perspective/personality quickly shifted into full blown mania. During my PM conversations with Tweed, I was incredibly manic in a way I hadn't felt in at least five years, if not more

6. Scientific research has consistently documented that individuals suffering from bipolar mania experience impaired judgement and poor decision-making. In fact let me just go ahead and quote a portion of the article:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

7. I am cognizant of the mistake I made with Tweed, and I accept responsibility for it because even if I couldn't avoid the impulse to offer him my password, it's my own responsibility to have some coping skills to use in such situations, like take a step back for a second and discuss my impulses with my fiancee rather than immediately acting on them. This is a skill I have learned since I lost my moderator position and it would have been very useful around that time!

8. After I was banned my mania kept growing continually worse until I embarrassingly had a complete nervous breakdown in front of my entire family which was extremely embarrassing but afterwards my dad found the money to pay for my medication and within days I was acting and feeling like a completely normal person again

tl;dr I have a very bad psychiatric disability and due to circumstances beyond my control I was not properly medicated and experienced a severe lack of judgement. I would appreciate if you stopped judging me based on a single isolated incident when I was at my very worst, thanks
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 12:36:37 PM »

Just for the (historical) record:

I was removed because Dave was acting like a small child and because of the annoying, bullying ultra-leftists on here who cannot stand it if someone has a different opinion than their own politically correct-one.

I was not removed because of my work as moderator though, because that work was also positive throughout several years. I was removed because the ultra-leftists disliked me and what I said and Dave followed them without thinking properly (and without having a sense of sarcasm).

Tender, come on. I remember that incident and your post, and your description is basically an attempt to rewrite history:

How is anyone supposed to tell that is "sarcasm"? It's annoying that you act like we all should have known it was, when that post is blatantly you just flipping out on someone. I don't understand why still, after all this time, you can't just admit you lost your cool. No, you keep trying to act like we're the fools and then blame some "ultra-leftist" conspiracy for it. Stop with this persecution complex - you got canned specifically for that comment, which Dave rightfully believed does not reflect well on the forum. You can't have forum moderators going around talking like that. Other moderators have gotten demodded for similarly offensive posts as well, but at least they aren't acting like they are victims of some liberal conspiracy.

Just stop with this. You lost your cool and it had consequences. End of story.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 12:39:46 PM »

My apologies to BK for making this thread, I completely forgot about his case while making this thread. If he wants me to delete this, I'll do.

dead0man, just let it go.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 12:45:12 PM »

that you consider my actions to be worse that literally forcing one's friends and family to waste hundreds of dollars on a fraudulent health "insurance" "plan"-- the comparison is offensive.

what the....is that something which happened on this site?

and otherwise....i don't think you need to point your "mistake" out once again or apolo-explain it, everybody who is really interested should be able to understand and accept the loooong and heartfelt explanation in your thread from 2015 - very thorough.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 12:45:48 PM »

... blame some "ultra-leftist" conspiracy for it. Stop with this persecution complex.

Of course it was. The ultra-leftists constantly attacked me for everything I posted and in retrospect I was right on many issues, predicting the crime-wave that would hit Central Europe because of all the migrants/terrorists streaming in. I also predicted how Hillary would struggle to win the election because she's a horrible candidate.

All of this strongly enraged the violent ultra-left on this Forum so that they just looked for a reason to revoke my moderator post. And that was the post you posted above and they acted as if it was totally meant for real ... Roll Eyes

Just shows the total overreaction of the ultra-left (and Dave) on here ...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 12:47:56 PM »

lol
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 12:50:00 PM »

You are ridiculous Tender, I swear. At this point I'm not even sure if you're trolling or not. And how did you manage to squeeze your opinions on mass migration into this?
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 12:50:55 PM »

I believe Tender Branson. ag did much worse a bunch of times, and he wasn't demodded -only left on his own accord.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2017, 12:52:16 PM »

while tender seems to be "dead serious" all the time, i have to say that the debates about some topics on this international board are...eh..quite different than the ones happening in european boards post 2015.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2017, 12:54:29 PM »

I believe Tender Branson. ag did much worse a bunch of times, and he wasn't demodded -only left on his own accord.

Oh just go away already. You have been a user here for little over 2 months. I get you feel the need to post 34829342934 times a day, but you weren't even here ~11 months ago.

And ag was demodded. He resigned almost immediately, and it didn't even leave time to discuss the removal (which was forthcoming anyway).
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2017, 12:58:10 PM »

Wait, ag was demodded? I didn't realize that.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies