Disgraced mods (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:25:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Disgraced mods (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Disgraced mods  (Read 3124 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: March 12, 2017, 05:18:42 AM »

I've been wondering about this recently (I know, there are better things to wonder about Tongue), and I can think of a couple mods who had to resign/were outright sacked.

Inks: stalked Simfan.

Sawx: I don't remember, since I was on break.

Bushie: extremely poor judgement (Ameriplan stuff)

Tender: Wink

Do I miss somebody/something?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 05:39:25 AM »

Right, though I would hesitate to apply term "disgraced" here.

Hadn't Joe's resignation been accelerated with the Tweed thing?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 08:40:27 AM »

Al resigned over the things he said on IRC that were leaked by Inks (though again, that may be a reach to call "disgraced").

Inks was quite a schemer, wasn't he?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 08:45:35 AM »

Kalwejt over the Great Scandal of 2017

What? Who said that?

Actually, I'm planning this for 2018.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 12:06:27 PM »

Bacon was pretty much a victim here, not a villain. The community fully realized that early on.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 12:39:46 PM »

My apologies to BK for making this thread, I completely forgot about his case while making this thread. If he wants me to delete this, I'll do.

dead0man, just let it go.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 12:47:56 PM »

lol
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 01:09:18 PM »

I love Tender's "logic" suggesting him saying Hillary was a poor candidate contributed to his demmoding by the conspiracy of leftists.

If this was the case, Virginia, who was anything but shy in voicing her concerns about Hillary's flaws as a candidate all the time, would never be promoted. Yours truly also expressed criticism.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 01:50:23 PM »

Sawx was banned after intimidating Snowstalker on IRC.

I thought Sawx was banned for making a sock very early on in his posting history, or something like that. Also, how bad do you have to be on IRC to get banned? I feel like most people would just sign off if it ever got that bad.

1. I think it was Carl (who had another account which he never used).

2. Really bad I think. See Teddy's "I want to assault Joe Republic" incident.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 05:17:49 AM »

I feel like a lot of these disgraced mods deserve a chance to come in and try again. Moderation is not based on the spoils system- we need everyone with a sufficient interest in and identification with the community to have a chance. This generally would include posters with above 10,000 posts, along with many of those under that number that have made decent contributions to the forum.

There are a lot of posters I could name that deserves to be mods (more than myself, that's for sure), but, as PiT pointed out, there's no room for too many.

Beside, since important actions needs a consensus within the mod community, that would utterly stall everything.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2017, 07:28:58 AM »

I don't like you too.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 10:17:22 AM »

Well, now I understand why people don't like Tender. Deserved.

There is some talk in the cave about Tender being appointed Atlas Ambassador to the Reddit Red Pill page. I think that would satisfy all sides involved Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 12:23:46 PM »

I feel like a lot of these disgraced mods deserve a chance to come in and try again. Moderation is not based on the spoils system- we need everyone with a sufficient interest in and identification with the community to have a chance. This generally would include posters with above 10,000 posts, along with many of those under that number that have made decent contributions to the forum.

Bacon King should be brought back. Aside from one fateful mistake, as I understand it, he was a good moderator for a many years.

Actually, you're right. It's not like Bacon stalked anybody, made threats or tried to scam us.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2017, 12:53:12 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2017, 12:55:30 PM by Zadig »

I'm increasingly convinced Tender is deliberately trolling. It's hard to believe someone other than BRTD is lacking in self-awarness to this degree.

Bacon King should not be brought back (though I sympathize with his plight in relation to the ModLeaks incident, I do not consider him suitable for other reasons), but Tender Brandon definitely should be. One particularly nasty outburst should not be reason enough to demod someone.

Oh do elaborate, please.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2017, 01:02:53 PM »

Bacon King should not be brought back (though I sympathize with his plight in relation to the ModLeaks incident, I do not consider him suitable for other reasons), but Tender Brandon definitely should be. One particularly nasty outburst should not be reason enough to demod someone.

Oh do elaborate, please.

-As with my limited interactions with you, my limited interactions with him have not inspired in me the thought he is a man committed to objectivity and high-quality posting. I mean, just look at this:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=259915.msg5549850#msg554985050042
Very uninspiring. No effort. No respect.

You're really acting like a little kid. Who else was being mean to you during the recess?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2017, 03:05:37 PM »

My views are those of national liberation; they are by no means bum views.

What are trying to say exactly?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 04:07:27 PM »

I'm locking it. Eharding should think of finding some other thread to populate Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies