Bernie Sanders - Mcdowell County, WV MSNBC Towhall - Airing on 13th March
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:35:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Bernie Sanders - Mcdowell County, WV MSNBC Towhall - Airing on 13th March
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders - Mcdowell County, WV MSNBC Towhall - Airing on 13th March  (Read 1882 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2017, 08:19:15 PM »
« edited: March 13, 2017, 08:22:19 PM by Shadows »

Ignoring the you are a Republican, White/Black & various irrelevant discussions, I think people are missing the point completely.

Bernie had 2 MSNBC Townhalls - 1) WI (GE Trump County) with Working class people, 2) McDowell County, WV (GE Trump County) with Working class coal country people who are suffering from poverty.

I don't think people are getting the point - He is trying to get a coherent economic message & vision about rural areas, poverty, working class issues. He went for the Mississippi march with Black people. I don't why on earth do people look at everything from a "Identity" Card laden vision - WV had white people, MS had black. He is going everywhere possible - To Middle & Working class folks. Many people in McDowell county were happy that a big national stature politician came to visit them & had empathy even when they felt abandoned by their local politicians. At the very least, it gives a feeling of reaching out, hearing concerns.

I am sure Bernie will continue to do many Townhalls. Personally I would suggest one in Flint to show everyone where it stands today. He is trying to build a strong progressive movement which will probably not help him electorally anyways.

And about the place having more Sanders voters than Trump, you can't help that because many loyal Sanders would end up coming just to see him & many Trump fans might not come. I think MSNBC still will try to put more questions from Trump fans to somewhat balance the issue like they did in WI!
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2017, 09:20:42 PM »

You can whine all you want, the Bernie wing owns the future, and Bernie is definitely the moral leader of the party. All the corporate pigs (Cuomo, Booker, ect.) grovel and beg to be in his presence.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2017, 10:03:42 PM »

Tax rates used to be 91% during FDR, Eisenhower, Truman etc days for decades & 70% during LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Ford etc. For decades that was the highest tax rate. And it had VERY high economic growth which had very even distribution of wealth.

Ever since Reagan's Trickle Down, the Middle class is collapsed. It has been one of the biggest failures ever.

Anyways have people seen the Townhall - It is amazing & I think better than the Wisconsin one.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2017, 10:21:18 PM »

I see Bernie has learned his lesson from 2016 about only appealing to rural white Democrats and college students by doubling down on rural white voters. Might help him in a general, but probably not in the primary. Perhaps he should have chosen Mississippi for his "Bernie in Trump country" gig.

Why is this blowhard getting air time?  His ideas have been soundly rejected in every election.

If Democrats start pandering to low income whites just to get votes the way Trump did, I'm going to start voting Republican.

When you are old enough to work in a professional environment and have the responsibility of a mortgage, you will understand that not everyone wants their politicians to redistribute 60% of their paycheck to whichever geographic group currently has the spotlight.

Now you're talking like a Republican.  Your post makes slightly more sense now.

Yes I actually just started another thread on this... the Democrats on this board make me question why I even vote Democrat.  Despite living near DC I don't really actually engage with people on politics so I am out of touch regarding what everyday members of each party actually believe.  The democrats on this forum sound worse than the republicans, or at least far less in line with my political views... which was surprising because I generally can't stand the alt-right, fox news, etc.

You sound more like a secular moderate republican than a democrat. I actually hope that people like you vote Republican in the primaries in particular so that they end up with a reborn Eisenhower wing that keeps them from becoming even crazier radical and the Democrats get to have a party that actually stands for working class people.

I used to call myself a Rockefeller Republican, but I have since then given up on the party and become a proud Independent with libertarian tenancies.

The issue is that FPTP increases polarization and squashes voter turnout.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2017, 10:26:08 PM »

Can people still stick to the topic & avoid side discussions ?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2017, 10:49:12 PM »

Can people still stick to the topic & avoid side discussions ?

What do you want to talk about?  Bernie visited West Virginia.  He is not done with his 15 minutes.  This is further evidence that the Democrats all of a sudden think they need to appeal to rural whites.  How much further can we take the discussion on Bernie's WV trip?

Did you watch the Townhall? What do you think of the Miners Protection Act - Senate Bill 175?
Trapsy

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2017, 11:14:11 PM »

Bernie 2020
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies