So apparently Clinton lost because Putin manipulated Sanders supporters. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:06:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  So apparently Clinton lost because Putin manipulated Sanders supporters. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So apparently Clinton lost because Putin manipulated Sanders supporters.  (Read 983 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: March 14, 2017, 11:27:58 PM »

Lesson #1 of the internet: Whenever reading an article or watching a video online, DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS.

But anyway, from my own experience, there were definitely some people who supported Hillary in the primary who painted Sanders supporters with a broad brush. In their minds, any Sanders supporter who was less than enamored with Clinton must be buying into Republican propaganda against her, and not thinking for themselves. They were too quick to assume that any reservations people had about Hillary must have been due to sexism or being an uninformed idiot. Now, maybe a minority of Sanders supporters disliked Hillary for those reasons, but many voiced legitimate concerns about her, and felt that those concerned were never addressed, and they were instead told to keep quiet.

Don't get me wrong, I was quite fumed on election night, and said some things I'm not proud of and would rather not repeat. But the blame game doesn't help much, in the long run. Sure, there were factors beyond Clinton's control that contributed to her loss, but there are definitely mistakes that her campaign and the Democrats made which can be addressed in the coming years, and we shouldn't waste any time in doing so.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies