fhtagn for Southern Chamber of Delegates
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:33:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  fhtagn for Southern Chamber of Delegates
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: fhtagn for Southern Chamber of Delegates  (Read 842 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 03, 2017, 06:48:40 PM »

Firstly, I wanted to take the time to introduce myself. My name is fhtagn, and I am currently running for the Southern Chamber of Delegates as a member of the Labor Party in North Carolina. I joined Atlasia in late 2016, under the suggestion of Blair, and have served one term previously as a Delegate for our great region.

I could go on all day about my beliefs on many issues, such as my belief in equal rights for ALL Southerners. My belief in clean energy and reducing our dependence on fossil fuels. My belief in doing what we can to give the middle and lower classes all the same advantages and opportunities available to the 1%. My belief that healthcare is a basic human right, and something that every Southerner deserves access to. But we would be here all day if I did that, and I feel that it could be best summed up as: I believe that everyone deserves a fair shot at a economically secure, healthy, and fulfilling life. And I believe deep down, this is something we can all agree on.

While I am human, and hold my personal beliefs very closely, I understand that change cannot happen overnight, and that it is hard for many to see so many changes so quickly. I can promise you, as your next member of the Southern Chamber of Delegates, I will be willing to listen and discuss the views and concerns regarding any controversial pieces of legislation that comes up, no matter which party you belong to, and will ultimately decide my vote based on what is best for our region, and will ultimately help our people.

In my time as a Delegate, I have taken the time to not base my votes only on my personal views, but based on what is best for our region. I will admit to have taken the time to agree with those who may not hold the same political ideals, and have been willing to compromise on legislation that will ultimately be best for our people. An example of this is my vote on the Privacy is a Good Thing Act, where I had originally been compelled to agree with (now) President dfwlibertylover in that police should not be banned from the use of drones (in his example, to try and find dangerous criminals particularly in active shooter situations or in major manhunts). When the act was amended to clarify that they may use them only when warrants are issued, I was willing to compromise and ended up voting to have this act passed.

With your vote for me in our upcoming Chamber of Delegates Election, you can be assured that your vote for me is a vote for the success of the South, because we are all on the same boat. We suffer the same consequences, and we enjoy the same benefits. When you take the time to look past party affiliation, you'll see that we all have the same end goals: a thriving region that we ALL can be proud of.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 06:51:03 PM »

YAH! Wholeheartedly Endorsed!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 06:53:21 PM »

Endorsed!
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 06:55:31 PM »

Endorsed, 2nd preference probably
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 10:01:57 PM »

Despite the fact I can't vote in this election. ENDORSED!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 10:35:34 PM »

Endorsed, of course.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 08:24:15 AM »

Congratulations - governing in the South is always a hoot!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 12:16:21 PM »

Congrats!  Glad to see another dark green avatar get into the South Chamber.  Wink
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 12:23:15 PM »

Congrats!  Glad to see another dark green avatar get into the South Chamber.  Wink
Another dark green avatared female, nonetheless! Smiley
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 12:40:12 PM »

uh I'll stand in solidarity
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 12:46:12 PM »

FTFY. After all, I added the female qualifier as well. Wink
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 10:39:46 PM »

Apologies for the delay (been a busy couple days IRL).

But I want to thank everyone who took the time to endorse me, and support me this election. Without you, this would not be possible.

And congratulations to all of my fellow delegate-elects. I look forward to the good work we can make happen in the South the next couple months!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies