Female politician proposes law to fine men $100 for masturbating (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:14:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Female politician proposes law to fine men $100 for masturbating (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Female politician proposes law to fine men $100 for masturbating  (Read 3499 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: March 13, 2017, 05:39:08 PM »

This is a category error, but I still support it (moderate Smiley Smiley Smiley FF).
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 07:06:46 PM »

The Church does say masturbation is just as immoral as gay sex, or non-vaginal sex (even with a straight married couple), for this very reason.

I'll let TJ or somebody parse out the good points and bad points of this assertion.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 08:05:03 PM »

The Church does say masturbation is just as immoral as gay sex, or non-vaginal sex (even with a straight married couple), for this very reason.

I'll let TJ or somebody parse out the good points and bad points of this assertion.
I should have included condoms and similar birth control too.

The theology boils down to: all sexual acts must be "open to life."

I took Catholic theology for 4 years, and other religious studies classes in college.

What concerned me is that, given the issue that the proposed law is obviously in reference to, it seemed like you were implying that "this very reason" is the same reason given for the Church's opposition to abortion, which it isn't. Nobody seriously argues that masturbation or gay sex or using a condom is homicidal.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 02:30:24 PM »

I think there's something to the idea that men and women often have at least somewhat different reasons for being pro-life, and that men's reasons are often a lot less noble that women's--which would obviously mean, among other things, that I ought to be extra-careful about my own motivations--but, if true, I don't really know that that could be measured.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies