Female politician proposes law to fine men $100 for masturbating (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:28:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Female politician proposes law to fine men $100 for masturbating (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Female politician proposes law to fine men $100 for masturbating  (Read 3485 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 13, 2017, 06:10:53 PM »

The Church does say masturbation is just as immoral as gay sex, or non-vaginal sex (even with a straight married couple), for this very reason.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 07:56:28 PM »

The Church does say masturbation is just as immoral as gay sex, or non-vaginal sex (even with a straight married couple), for this very reason.

I'll let TJ or somebody parse out the good points and bad points of this assertion.
I should have included condoms and similar birth control too.

The theology boils down to: all sexual acts must be "open to life."

I took Catholic theology for 4 years, and other religious studies classes in college.
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 12:09:53 AM »

I'll let TJ or somebody parse out the good points and bad points of this assertion.
I should have included condoms and similar birth control too.

The theology boils down to: all sexual acts must be "open to life."

I took Catholic theology for 4 years, and other religious studies classes in college.

What concerned me is that, given the issue that the proposed law is obviously in reference to, it seemed like you were implying that "this very reason" is the same reason given for the Church's opposition to abortion, which it isn't. Nobody seriously argues that masturbation or gay sex or using a condom is homicidal.

I specifically did not say abortion.

This is a stand making fun of the anti-birth-control stances of religious conservatives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies