Office of Delegate-Elect Jacobin American
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:58:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Delegate-Elect Jacobin American
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Delegate-Elect Jacobin American  (Read 706 times)
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »
« edited: March 13, 2017, 02:27:14 PM by Delegate-Elect J_American »

Headquarters: Jacksonville, Florida

Ladies and Gentlemen of the South,

Last night was a historic event. The party of Labor officially won control of the South. Thanks to the efforts of the voters, NeverAgain is currently Governor-Elect. I can think of no person better suited to the office of the governorship than NeverAgain. I have total confidence that he shall make all of us proud, improve the quality of life of the South, bring honesty and integrity to the office, and make our region the best in the country. This effort shall be aided by myself, along with my fellow Delegate-Elects: JustinTimeCuber and fhtagn. Together, we shall work diligently, with transparency, efficiency, and loyalty to our fellow Southerners, to ensure that the South shall rise again!

As a delegate representing the South, it is my duty and honor to work on behalf of Southerners from all backgrounds and political beliefs. I would like each of you to know, regardless of political affiliation, that my office is prepared to hear and consider any concerns, thoughts, and ideas that you have. It is my intention to be the voice of the housekeeper from Florida, the mechanic from Louisiana, the tech worker from North Carolina, and the daycare provider from Mississippi; to listen to the concerns of the mother from Appalachia whose son has succumbed to heroin addiction, the Muslim girl from Florida who has faced discrimination for wearing a symbol of her faith, the young African American from an impoverished inner city neighborhood, the Latina who fears deportation because she lacks proper documentation, the middle class husband and father working 60 hour weeks to make sure his family has healthcare and can get ahead, and the single mother struggling to make ends meet while feeding and clothing three kids.

The South must be a land of abundant opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, nation of origin, sexuality, gender, or class. I want to see less power concentrated in the hands of the few, but rather dispersed to the many. We need more small business owners, independent farmers, startups, and workers truly invested in their work. Southerners deserve universal healthcare as a right, not a privilege; we deserve A grade infrastructure, not the D grade infrastructure we currently have; we deserve more time with our families and for pursuing personal fulfillment without sacrificing our paychecks; we deserve freedom from the fear of poverty and despair that demotivate entrepreneurs and young people from taking risks; we deserve an honest, transparent, efficient government that listens and responds. These goals are now within reach.

The following is a short, partial list of policy proposals I intend to pursue while in office...

• Increase the minimum wage to a living wage of $15 per hour and pin it to inflation
• Create a regional, state run bank to help small businesses with low interest loans
• A cap on executive pay at 30 times the lowest paid employee
• Breaking up monopolies
• Implementing labor reforms to ensure paid leave for family emergencies, sick leave, paternity and maternity leave, 10 paid vacation days, reduction of the work week to 32 hours, and greater protections for labor unions
• Civil Rights legislation to expand the prohibition against workplace discrimination to all disadvantaged groups; increase the penalties for bigotry-inspired acts of hate; safeguard reproductive rights for women; and mandate a minimum quota of 40% female representation on corporate boards
• Incentivize businesses and individuals to reduce their ecological footprint by offering tax credits for updating homes and businesses with green improvements, to invest in green energy production, and to purchase energy efficient vehicles
• Transition to an Ecotax that taxes ecologically harmful activities so we can reduce the tax burden on businesses and individuals; incorporate a land value tax as a more economically beneficial method of taxation
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2017, 02:22:59 PM »

Congratulations on your victory! We've got 2 months, let's go get those proposals passed. Smiley
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 05:25:30 PM »

Wow. This looks beautiful. I am so excited to get a lot of this done ASAP. Also, an entire congratulations to your well-deserved victory!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 08:20:06 AM »

Glorious(ly revolutionizing) news!

Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 09:00:37 AM »

Also, an entire congratulations to your well-deserved victory!
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 10:05:49 AM »

JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 02:29:42 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2017, 11:11:25 PM by Delegate-Elect J_American »

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

First, I would like to take the time to thank all of you who have extended your warm congratulations to me on my victory and election to the Southern Chamber of Delegates. I wouldn't be here without your support and I won't soon forget it!

I made several promises regarding policies that I would pursue as your representative. While I am aware that not everyone will be thrilled by these proposals, I do sincerely hope that we can discuss ways in which we could come to a mutual understanding. My plans are designed with your interests in mind since I want nothing but the best for the South and all its inhabitants. So, to make good on my promises, I have already written and submitted for consideration three policy proposals that will revolutionize the South and dramatically improve the quality of life for all Southerners. Please read the policy proposals listed below and I invite all to comment.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 09:22:10 AM »

hey you stole all my ideas D:
but seriously though this looks great
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 10:34:35 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2017, 12:21:11 AM by Delegate-Elect J_American »

The following is another piece of legislation I have proposed for the purpose of cultivating in our students a greater understanding of and appreciation for our unique Southern culture as manifest in the diversity of voices who have expressed themselves through art and literature. This will be implemented by the designation of the month of May as "Southern Voices Month." It will hopefully appeal to both sides of the aisle as it focuses on emphasizing Southern culture while also incorporating historically marginalized groups.

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 12:00:38 AM »

Just want to say I love the act you just proposed.  It's great to see art, literature, and culture get priority.  I feel like I'm being pretty cliche with this suggestion, but would love to see Native Americans added as well since Oklahoma has some of the largest tribes in the country.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 12:19:59 AM »

Just want to say I love the act you just proposed.  It's great to see art, literature, and culture get priority.  I feel like I'm being pretty cliche with this suggestion, but would love to see Native Americans added as well since Oklahoma has some of the largest tribes in the country.

Thank you very much! I'm a huge supporter of the arts and humanities, so I really think they deserve priority considering how important culture truly is. Also, it had just occurred to me a few minutes ago that I unintentionally left a few groups out. So I intend to correct that and add Native American, Muslim, and Jewish Southerners as well.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 11:16:33 PM »

I would like to notify all of you that I have updated my proposed legislation titled, "Income Inequality Reduction Act," due to concerns raised by a resident Southerner. Ben Kenobi noted that the specific wording of Section 2, Article II (which has been removed) was unnecessary, a potential violation of existing law and personal privacy, and that it might open the door to the implementation of an income tax. As I had assured him, this proposed legislation is not and does not contain any reference to an income tax, but is merely a cap on income disparity within a business or organization. Below is the altered version of my proposed legislation; I hope it satisfies everyone's concerns.

JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2017, 11:36:01 PM »

I would like to notify all of you that I have updated my proposed legislation titled, "Income Inequality Reduction Act," due to concerns raised by a resident Southerner. Ben Kenobi noted that the specific wording of Section 2, Article II (which has been removed) was unnecessary, a potential violation of existing law and personal privacy, and that it might open the door to the implementation of an income tax. As I had assured him, this proposed legislation is not and does not contain any reference to an income tax, but is merely a cap on income disparity within a business or organization. Below is the altered version of my proposed legislation; I hope it satisfies everyone's concerns.

I support this.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 05:12:32 PM »

I am hereby resigning from my position as Southern Delegate. I wish the best to all those currently trying to participate in this disaster, but this has ceased being any form of enjoyable game for me. Good luck guys and gals!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2017, 11:13:33 PM »

This is terrible news, though I don't really blame you. It's very discouraging that certain individuals are doing everything in their power to hold up the democratic process as part of an ideological crusade, contrary to the wishes of the Southern people and the principles of good government. I wish you all the best, and hope that your replacement carries on the good work you have begun.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 11:49:40 PM »

This is terrible news, though I don't really blame you. It's very discouraging that certain individuals are doing everything in their power to hold up the democratic process as part of an ideological crusade, contrary to the wishes of the Southern people and the principles of good government. I wish you all the best, and hope that your replacement carries on the good work you have begun.
Thanks for copying what I was about to say! It's sad to see JA go, though, and we technically need a new Deputy Speaker or something? I don't know.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies