The Atlasian Standard
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:52:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Atlasian Standard
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: The Atlasian Standard  (Read 10988 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2017, 03:29:56 PM »

The Atlasian Standard

Greetings,

This will serve as the official news service for the Republic of Atlasia.

Many thanks,
DKrol, Game Moderator
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 01:01:24 PM »

Atlasian Government At Stand Still on Flint

In the twilight of the Yankee Administration, Le Petit Atlasien reported on news that Turkey had uncovered a connection between a mid-level intelligence office official Lieutenant Commander Mitch Flint and the failed 2016 Turkish Coup. At the time, then-Secretary of State Ted Bessell reached out to the Turkish Government and assured them that the Government was looking into action against Flint. With the change in administration, however, it seems that the Turkish issue has fallen by the wayside. This has put relations between the Erdogan and DFW Administrations on a chilly level to start with, after hopes the exposure of Flint would reduce hostilities. As the days tick by without action being taken against Flint, the tensions only grow.

EU Looks to Supplement NGO

The Atlasian Standard can confirm a report from The Atlasian Chronicle that the European Union plans to step up its funding for non-governmental organizations to help with reproductive services. This comes in response to President DFW's reinstatement of the Mexico City Policy in Atlasia. European Commission President Jean Claude Juncker said that the EU had "a moral obligation" to step in and help those in need of "basic health services". Commentators for The Atlasian Standard do contest The Atlasian Chronicle's assessment that this move signals the end of Atlasia's role as a super power.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2017, 01:04:58 PM by DKrol »

Conservative Groups Aflame Over AtlasCare Act

Conservative groups across Atlasia are up in arms over the AtlasCare Act. The bill, which seeks to establish a universal healthcare coverage plan for all Atlasians, just received its cost analysis from the Department of the Game Moderator. The analysis projects the costs of the bill will reach over $816 billion each year. The Heritage Frontier, Atlasians For Fiscal Security, and the Kato Institute, among others, have issued scathing statements against the bill, calling it "the single greatest enlargement of the welfare state" in Atlasian history. Time will see how the conservative President will clash with the left-leaning Congress over the future of the bill.
JustinTimeCuber
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.78

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 12:53:15 PM »

A quadrillion dollars a year? Hope that's a typo.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 01:01:08 PM »

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 01:02:23 PM »

Yes, there were an extra set of 000s added in the Coverage of Special Populations section. Working to correct it now.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 01:29:17 PM »

I actually ran on universal healthcare back in my Gubernatorial campaign, we will see what the final product looks like, I did run on healthcare reform, though.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 03:50:26 PM »

I actually ran on universal healthcare back in my Gubernatorial campaign, we will see what the final product looks like, I did run on healthcare reform, though.

Freedom response.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 03:56:35 PM »

Freedom response.

Freedom response.

Horrible response
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 03:57:36 PM »

Freedom response.

Horrible response

How insightful.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 04:01:17 PM »

Freedom response.

I'll have a further post regarding this matter later.
Horrible response

How insightful.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »

Presidential Visit to Iran Receives Mixed Reviews

Conservative media outlets across Atlasia have turned their fire on someone they normally consider to be an ally: President DFWLibertyLover. The President recently returned from an official state visit to Iran, an Islamic Republic with whom the US has had poor relations for nearly half a century. Conservative radio talk show host Randy Limbo lamented the President for "kow-towing to the Ayatollahs", while conservative TV show host Shawn Hannaghan said "the President is playing into the hands of the people who chant death to America". Liberal media sources have been attacking the President for vetoing a minimum wage raise bill, and largely been mum on the Iran visit.

All of the responses haven't been negative. East-coast Academia has largely been receptive of the visit, with Professor Harold Kisser of Harvard hailing it as "the next step in the normalization of relations" between the two nations. Former Deputy Secretary of State Jim Carvey also praised the move, describing it as "one of the the best steps of progress that have ever been made to bring peace to the Middle East. That peace process begins with bringing Iran back into the international fold."

Macron, Le Pen Set to Advance to Second Rounds, Wilders Flounders, and More

In international news, here are the headlines:

UK: Prime Minister Ken Clarke prepares to trigger Brexit
France: Macron, Le Pen tied at 26%, Fillion struggling at 12%
Netherlands: Rutte forms Government, brings in CDA, D66, and CU for Majority
Germany: Polls look good for Merkel
Turkey: Government still waiting for next steps in Atlasia Coup saga
China: Xi clears way for key adviser to remain in power, setting stage for power struggle in 2023
North Korea: Kim tests new, high speed rocket engine. Experts fear new nuclear tests coming
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 12:16:54 PM »

UK: Prime Minister Ken Clarke prepares to trigger Brexit
Only in Atlasia...
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 03:44:48 PM »

Breaking: Terror Attack in London

The Western World is reeling this afternoon as developments continue in the London terror attack. At this time, The Atlasian Standard can confirm three people are dead, including a police officer, and the attacker. Facts are scarce at this early time, but reports do indicate a man drove his car into pedestrians on London's Westminster Bridge before taking off on foot, armed with a knife, towards the Palace of Westminster. The police officer was stabbed by the attacker before police killed the man. There are no accomplices known of at this time. London's Metro Police confirm that the Queen, members of the Royal Family, the Prime Minister, MPs, and Peers were never in any state of heightened danger.

While many are panicking at the up-tick in terrorism in Western Europe, international observers are urging caution. Dr. Arich Klevin, a professor of international relations and former NGO peace worker, told The Atlasian Standard, "These kinds of small-scale, lone wolf attacks are actually a sign that counter-terrorism measures are working, at least in Western Europe and the Americas. The actual number of terrorist attacks, and the number of casualties from them, have fallen dramatically in the last twenty years. There is little to no coordination in the planning of these attacks, there's little to no logistical support needed, these are the kind of attacks that are almost impossible to plan for and stop before they occur." Others have been quick to point out that terror attacks with larger death tolls, like those that occur in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Syria, and Nigeria, receive far less coverage and far less public outcry for support than their European and American counterparts do.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2017, 11:24:30 PM »

Unemployment numbers updated March 22
Unemployment figures
Atlasia- 7.8% (+.2%)

Lincoln-7.5% (+.1%) 
South-8.2% (+.4%)
Fremont-6.2% (+.1%)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2017, 06:33:28 PM »

I'm glad to see that Fremont continues to lead the nation in economic opportunity!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2017, 03:58:04 PM »

Administation Doubting Intelligence Community?

According to sources within the Department of the Game Moderator, President DFWLiberyLover, nor any member of his Administration, has not requested a single piece of classified material at this point. The source said that the Department regularly received briefing requests from the Yankee Administration, especially Secretary of State Bessel, but no such requests have come through since the DFWLibertyLover Administration came into office. He also never mentioned his State Visit to Iran with the Department before announcing it publicly. It's especially interesting, since there have been several pressing foreign matters that would, normally, have elicited at least a request for a briefing on the matter. Commentators aren't sure if the President is choosing to "fly by the seat of his pants", if he has a deep distrust for the Intelligence Community, or if he's got "other sources", although no one is sure what those could be.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2017, 05:25:31 PM »

According to sources within the Department of the Game Moderator, President DFWLiberyLover, nor any member of his Administration, has not requested a single piece of classified material at this point. The source said that the Department regularly received briefing requests from the Yankee Administration, especially Secretary of State Bessel, but no such requests have come through since the DFWLibertyLover Administration came into office. He also never mentioned his State Visit to Iran with the Department before announcing it publicly. It's especially interesting, since there have been several pressing foreign matters that would, normally, have elicited at least a request for a briefing on the matter. Commentators aren't sure if the President is choosing to "fly by the seat of his pants", if he has a deep distrust for the Intelligence Community, or if he's got "other sources", although no one is sure what those could be.
I will be investigating the matter
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2017, 05:34:11 PM »

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 07:34:37 PM »

Wouldn't you already know if these rumors are true or not, seeing as you are in fact yourself? Huh
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2017, 08:57:12 PM »

Wouldn't you already know if these rumors are true or not, seeing as you are in fact yourself? Huh
Well I seemed to think i was getting intelligence but Huh?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2017, 09:34:13 PM »

I honestly think this is kind of out of the blue, It is not the job of the President to ask for intelligence, it is the job of the GM to provide it, furthermore, I don't appreciate getting any warning on this, Sad!
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2017, 09:40:29 PM »

I was under the impression that you wanted this position to be removed from politics when you so vehemently opposed my appointment to the office. This is very clearly a political maneuver, designed to do nothing more than damage dfw's administration.

This is the worst action I've seen a GM take, and that includes non-action.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2017, 10:59:37 PM »

I honestly think this is kind of out of the blue, It is not the job of the President to ask for intelligence, it is the job of the GM to provide it, furthermore, I don't appreciate getting any warning on this, Sad!
When I was Secretary of State, I would sometimes ask Kalwejt for briefings on whatever issue I was currently working on if it hadn't been in the news recently. At other times, I would seek clarification on a particular point (i.e. "Is such-and-such still the case in country X?"), especially if the initial GM's report was somewhat vague. It really depended on whether my actions were dependent on a particular development or status quo where the determination of the GM was the deciding factor.
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2017, 11:12:04 PM »

When I was Secretary of State, I would sometimes ask Kalwejt for briefings on whatever issue I was currently working on if it hadn't been in the news recently. At other times, I would seek clarification on a particular point (i.e. "Is such-and-such still the case in country X?"), especially if the initial GM's report was somewhat vague. It really depended on whether my actions were dependent on a particular development or status quo where the determination of the GM was the deciding factor.
See that is my confusion here....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies