Russia deploying forces in Libya, Egypt... how will Trump respond?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:21:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Russia deploying forces in Libya, Egypt... how will Trump respond?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Russia deploying forces in Libya, Egypt... how will Trump respond?  (Read 2378 times)
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2017, 03:20:38 PM »

Don't forget - i am of Russian origin and right now - live in Russia (because of family reasons). I will answer in one phrase: we are not REALLY an enemies of the US, but if you want us to be one - we will oblige.

the russian people are never ever an enemy of anyone but the russian government is an enemy of the european way of life and pushes hard against liberalism in the classical and the modern way.

This.  When I say Russia is an enemy nation, I'm referring to the Putin regime.

-What did it do for you to consider it such?

Russia is not an enemy nation, and the U.S. is not the undisputed sovereign monarch of the world. Give it a rest, folks.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2017, 03:27:15 PM »

Russia is not an enemy nation, and the U.S. is not the undisputed sovereign monarch of the world. Give it a rest, folks.

i feel pretty safe about my separation of russian inhabitants and its regime, when another actual russian moderate agrees with my assumption.
Eharding

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2017, 03:29:06 PM »

i feel pretty safe about my separation of russian inhabitants and its regime, when another actual russian moderate agrees with my assumption.

-Have you checked out Putin's approval rating recently?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2017, 03:31:44 PM »

One question - Libya's and Egypt's goverments adopted this deployment??? If so - what questions may be???

Libya barely even has a government, and Sisi wants to have an arms dealer with even less scruples than the west.

As weak as they are - they are recognized by UN AFAIK, and thus have every right to invite anybody (including Russians) without asking for US permission.

Sadly this. I'm nobody's idea of a Russia apologist on this forum but Libya (and Egypt) are free to entertain friendships with whomever they please.

That said, whether the USA should maintain the current level of support for these two regimes if they cozy up to Moscow is a different question entirely

If being friends with Russia will encourage the United States to stop dealing with them, I would only hope that every Middle Eastern country becomes friends with Russia. Then we could finally leave the region once and for all.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2017, 03:35:18 PM »

Have you checked out Putin's approval rating recently?

do so each month since many years...Wink

what do you expect in times of war?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2017, 03:53:11 PM »

-Have you checked out Putin's approval rating recently?

Did you know a dictator can have his numbers fudged?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2017, 03:54:02 PM »

Trump's response, whatever it may be and if there even is one at all, will be glowing of his authoritarian buddy.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2017, 03:54:34 PM »

Did you know a dictator can have his numbers fudged?

he could, but he wouldn't.

in times of war and crisis, leaders are popular.

look for example - as a comparison - at putin's 2012 numbers.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2017, 03:55:49 PM »

I don't buy anything showing solid approval for a dictator, even during a war.

But anyway, Eharding, since you bring up Putin's poll numbers all the time...have you checked out Trump's approval ratings lately?
Eharding

« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2017, 04:04:53 PM »

I don't buy anything showing solid approval for a dictator, even during a war.

But anyway, Eharding, since you bring up Putin's poll numbers all the time...have you checked out Trump's approval ratings lately?

-Hey; man, I don't deny Putin handles himself much more capably than Trump in regards to publicity. In fact, I've never denied Hillary was more popular than Trump right up until November 9. If anything, Trump is uniquely bad when it comes to publicity due to his constant blatant lies and occasional immaturity.

Bush was more authoritarian than Putin.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2017, 04:25:35 PM »

One question - Libya's and Egypt's goverments adopted this deployment??? If so - what questions may be???

Libya barely even has a government, and Sisi wants to have an arms dealer with even less scruples than the west.

As weak as they are - they are recognized by UN AFAIK, and thus have every right to invite anybody (including Russians) without asking for US permission.

Sadly this. I'm nobody's idea of a Russia apologist on this forum but Libya (and Egypt) are free to entertain friendships with whomever they please.

That said, whether the USA should maintain the current level of support for these two regimes if they cozy up to Moscow is a different question entirely

If being friends with Russia will encourage the United States to stop dealing with them, I would only hope that every Middle Eastern country becomes friends with Russia. Then we could finally leave the region once and for all.

This!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2017, 04:57:00 PM »

won't happen as long as israel and are basically at war.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2017, 05:51:07 PM »

False dichotomy. There is no good reason for Trump to respond.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2017, 08:45:14 PM »

He shouldn't.
Neo-JacobitefromNewYork
Rookie

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2017, 10:55:00 PM »

Deployment is most probably a routine short term trip like the many U.S. troops training soldiers around the world. U.S. policy is so counterproductive backing the Muslim Brotherhood and Salafi-Jihadists of Tripoli/Mistrata. BRD who just took and lost the oil ports against Haftar Is composed of mostly Al-Qaeda affiliated groups, Tripoli supported the offensive and hopefully Egypt/UAE/Saudi Arabia/Russia help Haftar fight off the Qatari/Turkish/Insane Italy backed MB central government.

Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2017, 11:00:10 PM »

He could respond by calling Putin and saying "good job." He could respond by ignoring it.

Respond doesn't mean threaten.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2017, 11:47:52 PM »

False dichotomy. There is no good reason for Trump to respond.

True. The US and the rest of the world would be better off if "President" Pussygrabber spent the rest of his term inside the White House, eating junk food and watching a Fox News soundstage, without ever emerging to do so much as pardon a turkey.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies