Was Lee Harvey Oswald guilty or innocent?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:30:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  Was Lee Harvey Oswald guilty or innocent?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Was Lee Harvey Oswald guilty or innocent?
Guilty

Innocent

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Was Lee Harvey Oswald guilty or innocent?  (Read 4906 times)
Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2017, 02:17:37 PM »

Explain your reasoning with evidence and theories.
Rob Bloom
Mirendorff
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 05:53:33 PM »

Clearly, Oswald was the shooter and he acted alone.

In his marvellous book "Reclaiming History", Vincent Bugliosi lists 40+ facts, all of which by themselves strongly hint to Oswald's guilt.

Among them:
* He was carrying a lenghty paper bag (hiding the murder weapon) when he entered the Texas School Book Depository on that morning (witness Wesley Frazier)
* He was seen shooting at the President out of the window of the sixth floor of the Depository by witness Howard Brennan
* the murder weapon belonged to him
* His finger prints were lifted from cartons forming a sniper's nest on the sixth floor of the Book Depository
* He was the only empolyee of the Book Depository not accounted for at a roll call shortly after the assassination
* Some 45 minutes later he killed police officer Tippit, being identified by several eye-witnesses
* shortly thereafter he was arrested in a cinema, carrying a gun that later was identified as the murder weapon in the Tippit case
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 10:03:10 PM »

Oswald killed Kennedy, but he was simply the front man for a wider conspiracy.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 02:46:34 PM »

God. The lamestream media is here too. When will people under the proven fact that it was a hitjob by both George H.W. Bush and Ted Cruz's dad. People are so stupid, it's unreal.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 07:55:09 PM »

God. The lamestream media is here too. When will people under the proven fact that it was a hitjob by both George H.W. Bush and Ted Cruz's dad. People are so stupid, it's unreal.

But you forgot about the FBI, the CIA, LBJ, the Mafia, Fidel Castro and Cuba, the KGB and the Soviet Union, the Illuminati, the Military-Industrial Complex, the Federal Reserve.

But I do not place any credence in the Rafael Cruz theory. 
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 08:16:47 PM »

I thought it was the Cigarette Smoking Man in the sewer.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 09:40:56 AM »

I used to be a person who believed there was a second shooter, until I got older and the facts overwhelmingly support Oswald. His own brother was interviewed quite recently and basically said, "My brother was insane". He left his wallet and wedding ring on the dresser for his wife before he left that day. Told his friend he had "curtain rods" to take to work.

The only question that baffles me was how he was about to defect to the Soviet Union and return no questions asked.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 05:45:42 PM »

Kennedy's death was a suicide
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »

guilty (normal)
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 07:10:59 PM »

Shut down the Internet. We don't need it anymore. There will never be a take as hot as this one.

In all seriousness, Oswald was guilty for the reasons spelled out above, though the whole Ruby thing and things I've read about the Mafia suggest he may have been tied into something bigger. Giancana/Trafficante, all that
CMB222
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 08:54:14 PM »

I thought it was the Cigarette Smoking Man in the sewer.

This is the first thing I thought as well.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 05:24:57 PM »

Does anybody put any credence in the extra terrestrial theory?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 08:38:19 AM »

Does anybody put any credence in the extra terrestrial theory?
yes, and you shouldn't believe anything they tell you.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 02:56:02 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2017, 03:00:50 PM by Lincoln Republican »

The UFO theory goes like this:

In a new FOIA request it was learned however, that the young president was trying to uncover what the U.S. Government and other international Governments knew about UFOs here on Earth just ten days before his assassination.

It seems that President Kennedy was leading a charge to disclose that the Government knew about extraterrestrials here on Earth and the powers that be (such as a shadow Government or secret society) had him killed to protect their secret.

People close to him have stated that he was planning on giving an Earth changing speech on November 22, 1963. Many speculate, that this had to do with recovered extraterrestrial UFO crafts and secret societies that control many aspects of our everyday life.

http://alien-ufo-research.com/news/2013/jfk-assassination-disclosure.php
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 06:27:33 PM »

and 50 plus years later, nobody with any credibility has come forward with proof of aliens.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 10:38:49 PM »

and 50 plus years later, nobody with any credibility has come forward with proof of aliens.

That simply adds to the intrigue.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 08:34:54 AM »

or the deepness of the bull sh**t.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 04:33:03 PM »
« Edited: April 05, 2017, 04:35:10 PM by Adam T »

I used to be a person who believed there was a second shooter, until I got older and the facts overwhelmingly support Oswald. His own brother was interviewed quite recently and basically said, "My brother was insane". He left his wallet and wedding ring on the dresser for his wife before he left that day. Told his friend he had "curtain rods" to take to work.

The only question that baffles me was how he was about to defect to the Soviet Union and return no questions asked.

1.How did he fire so many shots in the amount of time. (I realize the first shot shouldn't be counted.)
2.You believe the ridiculous 'single bullet theory'?
3.Why did Jack Ruby kill Oswald?  

The 'I was angry he killed the President' he basically said is nonsense given that he was a member of the Mafia which hated President Kennedy.  If this weren't part of a conspiracy theory, every logical conclusion would be that Ruby killed Oswald to silence him.

I don't think there is any reason to believe that Ruby had personal views on Kennedy that differed from the views of the Mafia.

I don't believe in most conspiracy theories, but in this case I think Oswald was telling the truth when he said he was 'just a patsy.'
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2017, 08:47:57 PM »

1.How did he fire so many shots in the amount of time. (I realize the first shot shouldn't be counted.)

He was a crack marine sharpshooter.

2.You believe the ridiculous 'single bullet theory'?

What are you going on about? The President was struck with two bullets this is widely established.

I honestly don't know but literally all the other real evidence concludes that Oswald acted alone, unless you're arguing that Oswald was knowingly "in on it" with the Mafia. This is really begging a "one single proof" fallacy. Also it is arguing that the Mafia would be stupid enough to actually kill the POTUS, thusly bringing the Federal Government down on their operations like a ton of bricks.

The only way to argue otherwise is to allege active collusion with the Mafia by elements of the US government, which does put firmly in tinfoil territory.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »

I have a rather far fetched theory to present.

Evidently, both John F Kennedy and Robert F Kennedy had an affair with glamorous actress Marilyn Monroe.

Evidently, as well, both of them broke off their affairs with her, as to continue their relationships with her would harm their political careers.

Is it possible that Marilyn Monroe's house keeper and friend, seeking revenge for the Kennedy spurning of Miss Monroe, could have hired Oswald to shoot John F Kennedy?

MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2017, 05:26:57 PM »

All I know is that Ollie Stone's movie was fascinatingly unpersuasive at proving that gay Republicans were the ones who actually masterminded the assassination and that they framed Oswald.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2017, 04:40:45 AM »

All I know is that Ollie Stone's movie was fascinatingly unpersuasive at proving that gay Republicans were the ones who actually masterminded the assassination and that they framed Oswald.

Stone presumed his movie would create a wave of science using modern technology that would "uncover the truth" and prove that there was a conspiracy, even if it was not the one he presented.

Ironically, he was right. There has been a wave of science on this and new discovery, all of which has been rather damaging to most every conspiracy theory involving the number of shooters and whether Oswald was the primary culprit.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2017, 07:43:32 PM »

Is it possible that Marilyn Monroe's house keeper and friend, seeking revenge for the Kennedy spurning of Miss Monroe, could have hired Oswald to shoot John F Kennedy?

No, it really isn't.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 09:21:01 PM »

A lot of people question how Oswald was able to hit JFK multiple times given that he wasn't the "best" sharpshooter.

My personal theory is that one of his bullets that was intended for JFK obviously succeeded. However, he likely missed one of his shots that was intended for Jackie by accidentally hitting JFK again. Nobody seems to bring them up as a possibility but I think it might be the case.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2017, 09:26:19 AM »

Guilty.

It is impossible that there is a big conspiracy without anything leaking out in half a century. The reason for these conspiracy theories is simply that many people can't imagine that such a dude could alone shot this great and charismatic president. However, the Warren Commission should have done better.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies