Fear of diversity, not economic anxiety, caused Obama voters to switch to Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:05:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Fear of diversity, not economic anxiety, caused Obama voters to switch to Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Fear of diversity, not economic anxiety, caused Obama voters to switch to Trump  (Read 3195 times)
hopper
United States

« on: March 14, 2017, 06:35:37 PM »
« edited: March 14, 2017, 06:41:27 PM by hopper »

Great, important article that shatters so many of the myths those on the left, right, and center have clung to explain away Trump's victory.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
The only group that income correlated with likelihood of voting for Romney(I don't know about McCain) was Hispanics. Whites-Religion mattered in likely hood of voting for Romney in that 75-80 of Evangelicals I think regardless of income levels voted for Romney. I think Non-Evangelicals 45-50% of them voted for Romney regardless of income. Blacks-It took 90-93% of the Black Population in a county to vote get to Obama's 93% of Black People that voted for him. It took 30% of the Asian Population in a County to get to Obama's total of taking of 73% of the Asian Vote.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 06:37:08 PM »

They voted twice for a black man, but a ticket with 2 whites was too diverse for them? OK.

No, they voted twice for liberalism over conservatism (2008 and 2012), but when given the opportunity to pick white nationalism over liberalism (2016), they did so.
I corrected it for you.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 06:40:55 PM »

They voted twice for a black man, but a ticket with 2 whites was too diverse for them? OK.

No, they voted twice for liberalism over conservatism (2008 and 2012), but when given the opportunity to pick white nationalism over liberalism (2016), they did so.
I corrected it for you.

That's why Trump is so tough on Putin, eh?
What does Putin have to do with this?
hopper
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 07:03:28 PM »

I corrected it for you.

That's why Trump is so tough on Putin, eh?
What does Putin have to do with this?

It's not very nationalistic to allow a foreign country to attack Americans without punishment, to denigrate American intelligence agents who risk their lives for this country, or praise a dictator whose government is run contrary to the values of the US Constitution.

To Attack Americans-Putin didn't hit us with a nuclear bomb.

Praise a Dictator-Trump said Putin is a strong leader. Trump didn't exactly go into with wether he agreed with Putin on issues.
hopper
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 11:09:56 PM »

Sad thruth is, if Dems threw out racist dog whistles on top of their working class policy positions...they would win elections in landslides
What the Dems are gonna win MS, AL, LA, and SC again if they do racist dog whistles? I just don't think that's gonna happen. I don't think Trump won PA, MI, and WI by calling Mexican Men rapists and drug dealers.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies