NH-1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:22:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-1
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NH-1  (Read 2192 times)
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2017, 10:03:54 AM »

http://www.nh1.com/news/nh1-news-reports-sanborn-eyeing-2018-bid-for-congress/

State Sen. Andy Sanborn (R-Bedford) met with NRCC officials in Washington this week and is very seriously considering a run for NH-1 next year
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 10:11:29 AM »

One more ultraconservative, i suppose?
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 10:46:43 AM »

Good luck.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 07:29:36 PM »

Sweeeet!   He's in a district Clinton won by 4 points!   Holy crap that would be a stupid move of the NH GOP...
jbm4pres
Rookie
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 08:52:26 PM »

Dan Innis should try running again now that he's a State Senator. Might give him a better launching pad and he's a moderate figure due to the whole gay thing.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 10:35:47 PM »

Sweeeet!   He's in a district Clinton won by 4 points!   Holy crap that would be a stupid move of the NH GOP...

It's not as if the NH GOP has any chance of winning anything in NH anyway. CSP and Annie Kuster aren't going to be beaten by anyone, so they might as well put up random sacrificial lambs.

Trump won NH-1 by 2 points. Clinton won NH-2 by 2 points. Both are extremely close and could really swing either way based on the national mood. I really don't get why there's so much hate for New Hampshire on this forum :/
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 10:41:16 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2017, 10:45:31 PM by Shameless Bernie Hack »

Sweeeet!   He's in a district Clinton won by 4 points!   Holy crap that would be a stupid move of the NH GOP...

It's not as if the NH GOP has any chance of winning anything in NH anyway. CSP and Annie Kuster aren't going to be beaten by anyone, so they might as well put up random sacrificial lambs.

Trump won NH-1 by 2 points. Clinton won NH-2 by 2 points. Both are extremely close and could really swing either way based on the national mood. I really don't get why there's so much hate for New Hampshire on this forum :/

It's literally just TNVol.

As for Sanborn, I sincerely hope he loses. Not a nice/good guy, and it'll be good to get him out of that State Senate seat regardless. It's gerrymandered Republican, but I'm convinced that a good Dem candidate (with low turnout in Bedford) could probably flip it.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 11:05:29 PM »

Sweeeet!   He's in a district Clinton won by 4 points!   Holy crap that would be a stupid move of the NH GOP...

It's literally just TNVol.

As for Sanborn, I sincerely hope he loses. Not a nice/good guy, and it'll be good to get him out of that State Senate seat regardless. It's gerrymandered Republican, but I'm convinced that a good Dem candidate (with low turnout in Bedford) could probably flip it.

I personally dont know too much about the guy tbh, I'm from Hampstead so I wouldnt know much about a Bedford rep. Personally i'd prefer Dan Innis. I worked for him a few years ago, and he legitimately seemed like a nice guy. But i think he may stay in his Seacoast senate district for the time being
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 11:53:37 AM »

Innis would be the strongest candidate, but I don't see him running next time. Sanborn and Burt don't have prayer. Edwards is a nice guy, but I don't think he can beat CSP
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 11:56:00 AM »

Innis would be the strongest candidate, but I don't see him running next time. Sanborn and Burt don't have prayer. Edwards is a nice guy, but I don't think he can beat CSP

If not Innis - who else (preferrably NOT ultraconservative)?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 01:12:46 PM »

I don't know if there's anyone out there right now.

John Stephens who ran for governor in '10 is a name I've heard mentioned. He's more on the moderate side. Another person who I think could beat her is former State Rep Adam Schroadter. He's in line with  more liberty/Paul type Republicans but also is moderate on issues like abortion. With the right money he could go far.

Normally I would say Rich Ashooh but after his loss to Guinta in a winnable primary I think he's out of contention. 
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 02:41:44 PM »

John Stephens who ran for governor in '10 is a name I've heard mentioned. He's more on the moderate side. Another person who I think could beat her is former State Rep Adam Schroadter. He's in line with  more liberty/Paul type Republicans but also is moderate on issues like abortion. With the right money he could go far.

Normally I would say Rich Ashooh but after his loss to Guinta in a winnable primary I think he's out of contention. 

Thanks!
Heisenberg
SecureAmerica
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 03:16:41 PM »

Thanks!
What's wrong with you just supporting CSP's reelection? I'm a Republican and even I have her banner in my signature Tongue.
I don't really think the race is winnable for Republicans, it's money and time better spent elsewhere.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 03:55:24 PM »

Thanks!

There's also Nancy Stiles, Ted Gatsas, and Chuck Morse.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 04:12:48 PM »

Thanks!
What's wrong with you just supporting CSP's reelection? I'm a Republican and even I have her banner in my signature Tongue.
I don't really think the race is winnable for Republicans, it's money and time better spent elsewhere.

Because CSP is a complete hack whose honestly a reprehensible human being if you've ever met her. She doesn't have the best interest of the district at heart and would be more at home in Massachusetts. She's literally never done anything for the district. And as right wing as I am I'd happily support a centrist deal making RINO over this partisan hack who just votes pelosi's line on everything
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »

Thanks!

There's also Nancy Stiles, Ted Gatsas, and Chuck Morse.

I think Chuck Morse is from Salem which is in NH-2 (don't understand why either)
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2017, 04:51:14 PM »

Thanks!

Because CSP is a complete hack whose honestly a reprehensible human being if you've ever met her. She doesn't have the best interest of the district at heart and would be more at home in Massachusetts. She's literally never done anything for the district. And as right wing as I am I'd happily support a centrist deal making RINO over this partisan hack who just votes pelosi's line on everything

I've met her in person before and she's incredible nice and polite.   Her first campaign for the district in 2006 was ran entirely by volunteer staff (even her campaign manager).   She's probably more liberal than what the district really is, but that doesn't make her a bad candidate.    She just has real values that she sticks too.   She's refused corporate donations in the past (I don't know if she still does or not).
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2017, 07:41:27 PM »

Thanks!

I've met her in person before and she's incredible nice and polite.   Her first campaign for the district in 2006 was ran entirely by volunteer staff (even her campaign manager).   She's probably more liberal than what the district really is, but that doesn't make her a bad candidate.    She just has real values that she sticks too.   She's refused corporate donations in the past (I don't know if she still does or not).
I agree with you. She's a nice and pleasant person and does stick to her principles, which is admirable in today's age. She's more out of step with the District politically, but that being said finding someone who can beat her will be difficult.

As for Stiles and Gatas, I don't see either running for CD 1, and if they did I don't think either would win.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 11:04:58 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2017, 11:15:57 PM by smoltchanov »

John Stephens who ran for governor in '10 is a name I've heard mentioned. He's more on the moderate side. Another person who I think could beat her is former State Rep Adam Schroadter. He's in line with  more liberty/Paul type Republicans but also is moderate on issues like abortion. With the right money he could go far.

Thanks!

IMHO - weak candidate and weak politician. In addition - i usually consider districts with PVI from D+5 to R+5 as a "natural moderate territory" (where else thay may be elected???), more suitable for them then for "activists" of all sorts..
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 03:26:38 AM »

Smolthchanov is right.

I wish Stephens had run again in 2012 for Governor. He would have done a lot better.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 07:07:04 AM »

Smolthchanov is right.

I wish Stephens had run again in 2012 for Governor. He would have done a lot better.
Agreed, he might have beaten Maggie, or at least done better than Ovide Lamontange.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 07:32:05 AM »

Just throwing the idea around but how'd Scott brown do in Dist-1 in the senate race? I know he actually did pretty well on the seacoast and in the southern areas. Doubt he'd wanna run for the house after being a senator though
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 08:05:12 AM »

Just throwing the idea around but how'd Scott brown do in Dist-1 in the senate race? I know he actually did pretty well on the seacoast and in the southern areas. Doubt he'd wanna run for the house after being a senator though
Oh, god no. Haha.
Strudelcutie4427
Singletxguyforfun
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 08:15:11 AM »

Shea-Porter and Kuster are both excellent fits for their districts. And lol, Stephens wouldn't have beaten Hassan. No one would have.

Such excellent fits that neither got a majority against a corrupt dude and some guy who was never supposed to be competitive
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 08:28:00 AM »

Oh, god no. Haha.
If I have to sit through another Scott Brown campaign ad, I'm gonna shoot myself. That dude should stay out of politics forever.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies