Trump adm. cuts....community poverty funds, Appalachian economy grants, etc etc (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:52:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump adm. cuts....community poverty funds, Appalachian economy grants, etc etc (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump adm. cuts....community poverty funds, Appalachian economy grants, etc etc  (Read 3326 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 16, 2017, 12:25:17 PM »

This is easier to read:

Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 06:45:20 PM »

This doesn't even include all of the programs from Cabinet Agencies that are being cut.

That's just the list for total elimination, as the title says.

Are there any sensible eliminations from this list?  There's probably some redundancy or vestigial agencies still in place?

Try literally all of them... most of these things are nothing more than feel good money pits for the wealthy to "study".  The government does NOT need to be funding them.  

This. Kill them all! I hope he sledgehammers the miscellaneous  USDA and DOE graft in future budgets too.

Like AmeriCorps? See my thread for the tangible results from that.

How about PBS?

Not sure about the Chemical Safety Board, but hopefully there's someone else checking that.

Legal Services for the poor? That should definitely be kept!!
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 08:08:57 PM »

Are there any sensible eliminations from this list?  There's probably some redundancy or vestigial agencies still in place?

Try literally all of them... most of these things are nothing more than feel good money pits for the wealthy to "study".  The government does NOT need to be funding them.  

This. Kill them all! I hope he sledgehammers the miscellaneous  USDA and DOE graft in future budgets too.
Typical republicans, cut programs like these to kill more people with the military and give more money to the rich.

You need a military. Read the damn Constitution. Obama destroyed the military, that is one thing that I was disappointed in him with.

Cut across the board. Both parties have their scapegoats in these departments. Both sides are hypocritical. This is why I am a Independent.

Obama "destroyed" the military ? ? ?

Thinking that kind of budget is an example of a "destroyed" military through budget cuts is NOT a centrist view.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies