US states consider laws allowing Creationism to be taught by science teachers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:10:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  US states consider laws allowing Creationism to be taught by science teachers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you support allowing Creationism to be taught by science teachers in public school classrooms?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 88

Author Topic: US states consider laws allowing Creationism to be taught by science teachers  (Read 4212 times)
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« on: March 16, 2017, 01:14:35 PM »

How about teaching both viewpoints? Or teaching evolution and atleast mentioning the ideas of creationism?

Because it's a dumb idea to teach creationism/intelligent design in a scientific curriculum in which there is no scientific basis or proof God exists? Because the very concept of faith is that you believe in something in which there is no objective conclusive proof? Because it leads to uneducated children who then stumble around their lives in an evangelicalized torpor bleating #alternative facts, with no real understanding of logic?

All of the above, really!
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 01:29:59 PM »

How about teaching both viewpoints? Or teaching evolution and atleast mentioning the ideas of creationism?

Because it's a dumb idea to teach creationism/intelligent design in a scientific curriculum in which there is no scientific basis or proof God exists? Because the very concept of faith is that you believe in something in which there is no objective conclusive proof? Because it leads to uneducated children who then stumble around their lives in an evangelicalized torpor bleating #alternative facts, with no real understanding of logic?

All of the above, really!

Apparently this was reported. I don't see it violating mod rules in the slightest but it's hilarious nevertheless that this got reported by Naso (I'm speculating but still)?

apparently the butthurt is strong.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 01:41:04 PM »

apparently the butthurt is strong.

I didn't report anything in this thread.

Sorry. It apparently is my other post about Ralph Shortey and someone did it. I don't actually care, neither post violated mod guidelines.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies