FL-18: Mast connected to marketing company under federal investigation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:48:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  FL-18: Mast connected to marketing company under federal investigation
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-18: Mast connected to marketing company under federal investigation  (Read 1116 times)
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2017, 02:07:24 PM »

Story from Politico

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Footage of Mast was also used in promotional material for the company, including quotes from Mast saying the company was "dynamic and forward-thinking". Mast has put out a statement saying his involvement in the company was minimal, that the company did not get his permission to use his likeness in their advertising, and that he has met Cooper only twice.

Trump carried FL-18 53-44, Mast defeated Randy Perkins 54-43 in 2016.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 02:40:37 PM »

I don't know how big of a deal this is, but Mast should be vulnerable anyway.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 06:59:18 PM »

I saw in a photo that he lost his leg, but has a new one.  I wonder if he's the first person in Congress who's lost a leg? 

The district is swingy.  I guess Patrick Murphy could run for it again.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 07:11:22 PM »

I saw in a photo that he lost his leg, but has a new one.  I wonder if he's the first person in Congress who's lost a leg? 

Off the top of my head there's Tammy Duckworth, and I'm sure there have been others before.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 07:13:48 PM »

Off the top of my head there's Tammy Duckworth, and I'm sure there have been others before.

John Stennis lost a leg to cancer.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 07:57:32 PM »
« Edited: March 16, 2017, 08:14:01 PM by publicunofficial »

I saw in a photo that he lost his leg, but has a new one.  I wonder if he's the first person in Congress who's lost a leg?  

The district is swingy.  I guess Patrick Murphy could run for it again.

Tammy Duckworth lost two legs, and Max Cleland lost both legs and an arm. Bob Kerrey lost most of the lower part of one of his legs in Vietnam as well.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 08:15:46 PM »

The report also says that many of the victims of this company were left either heavily in debt or straight up bankrupt. One of those clients decides they want to star in an attack ad, it could be really damaging.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2017, 08:17:54 PM »

I saw in a photo that he lost his leg, but has a new one.  I wonder if he's the first person in Congress who's lost a leg?  

The district is swingy.  I guess Patrick Murphy could run for it again.

Tammy Duckworth lost two legs, and Max Cleland lost both legs and an arm. Bob Kerrey lost most of the lower part of one of his legs in Vietnam as well.
Daniel Inouye lost an arm.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 09:13:24 PM »

i think Sanchez explained Brian Mast as a more accessible Allen West.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 10:02:02 PM »

Uh, Max Cleland was missing both of his legs and an arm due to his Vietnam War service.

Dan Inouye lost an arm in WWII.

There have pretty much always been amputees in Congress due to wars.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 10:50:34 PM »

Doubt Dems will be able to capitalize on this. When Murphy ran for Senate, most of the names floated were Palm Beach pols who could hypothetically move into the district; the two Democratic candidates included a foreclosure lawyer who literally threw people out of their homes in 2008, and a guy who somehow had an even more questionable legal history. Not a strong bench, even if the incumbent has a scandal.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2017, 10:51:29 PM »

Doubt Dems will be able to capitalize on this. When Murphy ran for Senate, most of the names floated were Palm Beach pols who could hypothetically move into the district; the two Democratic candidates included a foreclosure lawyer who literally threw people out of their homes in 2008, and a guy who somehow had an even more questionable legal history. Not a strong bench, even if the incumbent has a scandal.

Could Murphy run again?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 12:27:22 PM »

Could Murphy run again?
It'd look sorta bad as most returnees to the House do, but it's possible. Mast will be fine. He's not my favorite (exhibit A of "emotional conservatism" at work) but he's pretty well-liked down there. Randy Perkins ran a particularly poor campaign.

I still favor Mrs. Negron but then again she was my bosses client so it's probably more out of loyalty than anything else. I still think Hasner should've ran in 2014 but it's probably too far away from his base of operations in Boca to have been worth it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies