Grassley and Feinsten "grim and rattled" after meeting with Comey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:26:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Grassley and Feinsten "grim and rattled" after meeting with Comey
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Grassley and Feinsten "grim and rattled" after meeting with Comey  (Read 3673 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2017, 06:18:22 PM »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/3/16/1643906/-Wednesday-15-2017-Director-Comey-gave-Two-Briefings-on-Capitol-Hill

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Lock him up?
Cashew
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2017, 06:51:38 PM »

Does anybody even trust Comey anymore?
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2017, 06:52:55 PM »

They know something's up.  You can probably smell the stink from the White House over on Capitol Hill.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 07:29:55 PM »

Eh, they're very old people. Being grim and rattlled is in their nature.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2017, 11:13:31 PM »

I can see a few different scenarios that might really shake them. Probably some mix of the following:

A) Comey told them that Obama did personally order Trump Tower wiretapped, and the DOJ intends to build a case and then throw the book at the former president.

B) Comey made it clear that Trump is the bossman, and dump things like the law or what actually happened won't be getting in the way of what Trump, Sessions, and Comey want.

C) The FBI has basically finished its investigation and they're going to announce that Trump is as pure and the driven snow and there is no basis for the allegations against him.

D) Comey told them Trump and/or his close associates are in bed with shady foreign powers up to their eyeballs, to the point where this will likely require Congress to act.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2017, 11:23:46 PM »

Poor reporting from the Daily Kos. As a Democrat, I'm finding it difficult to figure out what I'm supposed to be outraged about/taking up arms against, even considering the ludicrously little information they present. If they can't even manage that anymore, I think it might be time for them to close up shop.
i4indyguy
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 01:29:07 AM »

I choose to wait for a more public briefing next week, and then see where that takes us rather than grasping at elaborate/dangerous theories based on rumored facial expressions.

If there was something 'very grave' revealed in a highly classified meeting I trust it will in time be made public and consequences will be in the offing.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 04:07:36 AM »

OMG, the sex video with Trump and Russian prostitutes is real and the FBI has it in its vault. Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 06:46:34 AM »
« Edited: March 17, 2017, 06:50:19 AM by Torie »

Somebody with whom I had dinner a few days ago, who claims he is in the know (he's tight with our local congressperson, Schumer, and on and on), says the evidence will show (Flynn will be given immunity to squeal) that Trump offered Russia a relaxing of sanctions, in exchange for Russia's intervention in the campaign - in other words treason as it were. Thus the Pub rush to get some stuff through before Trump is neutralized. My source is busy trying to get dough for the Hudson Valley from the proposed Trump money dump into infrastructure. Money always gets these kinds of folks agitated. Who knew?

Do I have a clue whether or not any of this is true? Of course not, and the chap is a bit of a drama queen. But I thought I would throw this out, just to spice up your morning. In other news, Hudson's streets are still clogged up with snow, and many of the natives are very mad. Thank heavens for my new heated garage! My best advice to any mayor, is to worry a lot about snow, even if it means the mayor taking a shovel themselves to get the job done.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 07:26:19 AM »

Somebody with whom I had dinner a few days ago, who claims he is in the know (he's tight with our local congressperson, Schumer, and on and on), says the evidence will show (Flynn will be given immunity to squeal) that Trump offered Russia a relaxing of sanctions, in exchange for Russia's intervention in the campaign - in other words treason as it were. Thus the Pub rush to get some stuff through before Trump is neutralized. My source is busy trying to get dough for the Hudson Valley from the proposed Trump money dump into infrastructure. Money always gets these kinds of folks agitated. Who knew?

I'd actually pay money to see Trump's tweets if this were true and came out. Cheesy
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 07:42:33 AM »

Do I have a clue whether or not any of this is true? Of course not, and the chap is a bit of a drama queen. But I thought I would throw this out, just to spice up your morning. In other news, Hudson's streets are still clogged up with snow, and many of the natives are very mad. Thank heavens for my new heated garage! My best advice to any mayor, is to worry a lot about snow, even if it means the mayor taking a shovel themselves to get the job done.

If true, and if it came out, I would be very interested in seeing the reaction from those here who blindly support him. Would they continue to support him even in the face of treason?
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 08:24:45 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/15/upshot/why-more-democrats-are-now-embracing-conspiracy-theories.html

The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 08:32:06 AM »

I'd actually pay money to see Trump's tweets if this were true and came out. Cheesy

@therealdonaldtrump Loose cannon James Comey releases fake evidence against me and my party. Sad!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 09:31:41 AM »

If true, and if it came out, I would be very interested in seeing the reaction from those here who blindly support him. Would they continue to support him even in the face of treason?

I could see some defections, but the opinions of the Russia controversy seem like they have already been digested with many of those voters. Time is usually the one thing that can whittle away at diehard support like that, which implies the accumulation of failures on policy promises, weakening economic prospects, disillusionment, etc. It wasn't uncommon for supporters of his to say they didn't like the way he treated people / behaved in general, but put up with it because they felt he was the only way to get certain things done. If he doesn't fulfill promises they would be less inclined to continue supporting him I think.

So if Trump were to get removed from office, it'd probably be easier politically if it were in 2019, assuming he continues to do nothing but embarrass the country, pass failed executive orders and little else.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 10:25:30 AM »

I would love him to the point that he would get my re-election vote over nearly anyone if this were true, including Jill Stein. You have to respect that drive to win.
FairBol
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 10:47:04 AM »

Somebody with whom I had dinner a few days ago, who claims he is in the know (he's tight with our local congressperson, Schumer, and on and on), says the evidence will show (Flynn will be given immunity to squeal) that Trump offered Russia a relaxing of sanctions, in exchange for Russia's intervention in the campaign - in other words treason as it were.

Oh please.  There's not even one iota of evidence to suggest that anything shady occurred.  And Comey? You're talking about the guy who basically said, "well, there's enough evidence here (in the Clinton e-mail scandal) to prosecute, but we choose not to".  He totally gave Hillary the ol' "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.  Now Comey's trustworthy all of a sudden? Also, if you want to talk about treason, let's remember Obama's multiple acts of treason while in office.  There's nothing here, and liberals know it. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 10:48:43 AM »

Seems like Democrats supported Obama "even in the face of treason".  Just saying. 
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 10:55:24 AM »

Somebody with whom I had dinner a few days ago, who claims he is in the know (he's tight with our local congressperson, Schumer, and on and on), says the evidence will show (Flynn will be given immunity to squeal) that Trump offered Russia a relaxing of sanctions, in exchange for Russia's intervention in the campaign - in other words treason as it were.

Oh please.  There's not even one iota of evidence to suggest that anything shady occurred.  And Comey? You're talking about the guy who basically said, "well, there's enough evidence here (in the Clinton e-mail scandal) to prosecute, but we choose not to".  He totally gave Hillary the ol' "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.  Now Comey's trustworthy all of a sudden? Also, if you want to talk about treason, let's remember Obama's multiple acts of treason while in office.  There's nothing here, and liberals know it. 
Eh I'll give you a 1/10 just for the attempt.
" multiple acts of treason while in office" LOL I needed a good laugh.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 10:59:31 AM »

Seems like Democrats supported Obama "even in the face of treason".  Just saying. 

Um no, lol
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 11:07:22 AM »

...how did Obama commit treason, exactly? I can get policy disagreements on the FP front (Syria is 44's great black mark) but treason is a ridiculous assessment
EnglishPete

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 01:31:08 PM »

Makes sense. The Dems have been pushing this 'Trump collaborated with the Russians to cheat the election' for months, with allies of theirs within the establishment media and within various three letter agencies doing the legwork in coming up with various bits of 'evidence'. The fact that these pieces of 'evidence' don't stand up to much scrutiny doesn't seem to matter much to those who are emotionally invested in hating Trump. They're clearly willing to suspend disbelief and be convinced by this 'evidence'.

It makes sense that the Dems and their allies have planned the release of some kind of 'money shot' evidence designed to be a 'killer blow' for Trump. Whether this 'evidence' stands up and better to scrutiny than the previous 'evidence' we shall see.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 01:32:40 PM »

Makes sense. The Dems have been pushing this 'Trump collaborated with the Russians to cheat the election' for months, with allies of theirs within the establishment media and within various three letter agencies doing the legwork in coming up with various bits of 'evidence'. The fact that these pieces of 'evidence' don't stand up to much scrutiny doesn't seem to matter much to those who are emotionally invested in hating Trump. They're clearly willing to suspend disbelief and be convinced by this 'evidence'.

It makes sense that the Dems and their allies have planned the release of some kind of 'money shot' evidence designed to be a 'killer blow' for Trump. Whether this 'evidence' stands up and better to scrutiny than the previous 'evidence' we shall see.

How's that Obama wiretap evidence going for ya?
EnglishPete

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 01:44:04 PM »

Going great. Various media outlets and three letter org bigwigs have been furiously denying that Trump was under surveillance after months of various media outlets propagandising against him by insinuating that he was, thereby rather dramatically undermining their insinuations.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 02:49:13 PM »

Going great. Various media outlets and three letter org bigwigs have been furiously denying that Trump was under surveillance after months of various media outlets propagandising against him by insinuating that he was, thereby rather dramatically undermining their insinuations.

Your response does not answer my question. Try again.
Rjjr77
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 02:52:34 PM »

...how did Obama commit treason, exactly? I can get policy disagreements on the FP front (Syria is 44's great black mark) but treason is a ridiculous assessment

It's not "treason" but fast and furious was incredibly awful and nothing came of that
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies