Chelsea Clinton joins the board of Expedia
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:22:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Chelsea Clinton joins the board of Expedia
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Chelsea Clinton joins the board of Expedia  (Read 1742 times)
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 17, 2017, 09:39:21 PM »

Fun, fun, fun.

http://www.seattletimes.com/business/retail/chelsea-clinton-joins-expedia-board/
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 09:41:39 PM »

She's obviously no more qualified than Neil Bush was to consult for a Chinese semi-conductor company.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 09:42:41 PM »

She's obviously no more qualified than Neil Bush was to consult for a Chinese semi-conductor company.

besides the fact that she should never ever run for any office, if she wants to have a happy life....

....how did you get to that conclusion?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 10:07:29 PM »

Why is this even a thread?
kyc0705

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 10:12:48 PM »

... dot coooooom.

(sorry, had to do that)
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 10:16:43 PM »

It does have implications for whether or not she's going to run for office, and there have been rumors about that. Seems relevant enough for me.
Alaska2392
NRS11
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 10:17:22 PM »

Rich person getting richer.

Being on a board of a large corporation is a great gig.  Stock, hard cash, etc.

All for just sitting there and approving the auditors and "holding upper management to account".  

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 10:17:46 PM »

Because even without title the Clintons still manage to make a lucrative living whoring out their influence.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 10:20:14 PM »

Because even without title the Clintons still manage to make a lucrative living whoring out their influence.

true...but this is only a headline cause there is a big bubble of authors who are making many bucks with clinton fanfiction since decades and most of them are conservatives.

Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2017, 10:21:42 PM »

It does have implications for whether or not she's going to run for office, and there have been rumors about that. Seems relevant enough for me.
How?

And maybe this should then go under "Presidential Trends" instead, for all topics related to 2024 and later elections.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2017, 10:34:24 PM »

Why is this a bad thing?
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 10:36:43 PM »

Good. She is a successful, intelligent woman. All the Clintons are intelligent people but they have been smeared since October 1991. Probably since 1980. I wonder how they feel when they hear these smears.
Eharding

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2017, 10:37:11 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2017, 06:41:39 AM by Torie »

How?

And maybe this should then go under "Presidential Trends" instead, for all topics related to 2024 and later elections.

-There is absolutely nothing preventing Chelsea from running for President in 2020. [Nope.  Please stop potentially disrupting the flow of conversation by continually inserting the personality of Virginia in the most inappropriate places. PM Dave Leip if you are unhappy with Virginia's performance as a Moderator.  I won't infract this time, but will in the future.  You have been warned.]
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2017, 10:40:03 PM »

Seems like an obsession with the Clintons.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2017, 10:53:15 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2017, 11:26:32 PM by Shadows »

How?

-There is absolutely nothing preventing Chelsea from running for President in 2020. And Presidential Trends is moderated by Virginia.

Agreed - She could run in 2020 & this has nothing to do with trends. But why does who moderates what topic even relevant & why is it being brought up ?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2017, 11:29:32 PM »

C'mon, a Clinton is not going to be nominated again by the Democratic Party anytime soon. We're dumb, but we're not that dumb.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 11:31:28 PM »

C'mon, a Clinton is not going to be nominated again by the Democratic Party anytime soon. We're dumb, but we're not that dumb.

and to be fair....

do you think she WANTS to run for a high office - nationwide - ever after watching first hand how this has influenced her mother, two times?

Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 12:03:19 AM »

and to be fair....

do you think she WANTS to run for a high office - nationwide - ever after watching first hand how this has influenced her mother, two times?

Yes, she has seen the lure of power & is constantly sparring with all Republican trolls including Kellyane Conway. She has like dozens of tweets a week attacking Trump & nitpicking every small action taken by the White House.

At this point of time, she is one of the most active Democrats involved in every small thing !
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 12:05:24 AM »

How?

It seems indicative that if she's joining a corporate board right now, it seems like (as she herself has said) that the rumors about her joining the NYC Mayoral race and/or running for Congress in 2018 are completely groundless.

Seems like an obsession with the Clintons.

I quite agree. People should stop wishing that Chelsea would run for office (and trying to will it into being via speculation) when she clearly has no interest in it.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2017, 02:34:04 AM »

The Hill has written articles on something like her last three dozen tweets and she's an active public figure. Believe me, I am sure that most Americans are completely uninterested in Chelsea Clinton, but, unfortunately, she seems to be interested in us.

Yup, the Clintons just won't take the hint and go away.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2017, 09:36:13 AM »

[Nope.  Please stop potentially disrupting the flow of conversation by continually inserting the personality of Virginia in the most inappropriate places. PM Dave Leip if you are unhappy with Virginia's performance as a Moderator.  I won't infract this time, but will in the future.  You have been warned.]

I thought we got rid of infraction points?
Eharding

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2017, 10:34:30 AM »

How?

-There is absolutely nothing preventing Chelsea from running for President in 2020. [Nope.  Please stop potentially disrupting the flow of conversation by continually inserting the personality of Virginia in the most inappropriate places. PM Dave Leip if you are unhappy with Virginia's performance as a Moderator.  I won't infract this time, but will in the future.  You have been warned.]

-Torie, please PM me if you don't like something I wrote. I am rarely aware of such mod edits.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2017, 10:47:38 AM »
« Edited: March 18, 2017, 10:52:53 AM by Semon Dye »

[Nope.  Please stop potentially disrupting the flow of conversation by continually inserting the personality of Virginia in the most inappropriate places. PM Dave Leip if you are unhappy with Virginia's performance as a Moderator.  I won't infract this time, but will in the future.  You have been warned.]

I thought we got rid of infraction points?

There are no infraction points per se, but a mod can either count a modified/deleted post as "violation" or not. There's still the record.

-Torie, please PM me if you don't like something I wrote. I am rarely aware of such mod edits.

If you have issues with the moderated post, PM the moderator yourself. This is proper a way of communication.

And if you can't understand what was wrong with your post... well, sorry, can't help.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 05:06:45 AM »

How?

I will in the future. That is a reasonable request.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 07:39:24 AM »

Good. Sounds like a good gig for her.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies