Opinion of Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:54:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Opinion of Donald Trump  (Read 2795 times)
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 17, 2017, 10:25:31 PM »

Massive pile of sh*t is a massive understatement.
Cashew
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 11:16:32 PM »

His utter inability to keep his depravity in check shall forever thwart any aspirations of being an effective antichrist.
(Still) muted by Kalwejt until March 31
Eharding

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 11:55:28 PM »

Still an FF. We got Gorsuch! But extremely underwhelming, and I do not approve of his performance as President due to his refusal to rescind DACA and his support of Ryancare.
mencken
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 12:11:52 AM »

Still an FF. We got Gorsuch! But extremely underwhelming, and I do not approve of his performance as President due to his refusal to rescind DACA and his support of Ryancare.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 12:25:32 AM »

I voted FF in the last poll (first time I ever voted FF for Trump), but this time I'm moving to neutral.

He hasn't really upset me but he's definitely been underwhelming so far (which is a positive and a negative, in different ways).

Reversing the Mexico city policy was great, appointing Gorsuch was great, his support for Israel is great. Nikki Haley has been solid as Ambassador to UN so far and Rex Tillerson as SOS has been decent so far.

But, he and the GOP have fumbled the football on healthcare and have likely done permanent damage to the conservative position on the issue. I'm hoping the damage can be contained but I'm very pissed atm on how the party is handling it.

Michael Flynn was a disgrace to the country and while I'm glad he resigned I believe he should've never been Nat. Sec. Adviser to begin with.

However, the alt-right and Trump's hardcore base of idiots have pissed me off the most. People like me (reluctant Trump voters in '16) will be necessary for him in 2020 and yet the alt-right is idiotically harassing us again.

My commitment is to the Constitution and Real Conservatism, not to Trump Populism.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 07:40:48 AM »

Nothing will be able to excuse the amount of power he's given Bannon, in my opinion.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 08:00:36 AM »
« Edited: March 18, 2017, 10:32:16 AM by 0% Approval Rating »

Unfit to serve as president, due to a general weakness in character, a narcissistic personality disorder, inexperience, and incompetence.

Once I thought that Trump could turn out to be a new Nixon in the sense that Nixon was a morally corrupt, but nonetheless competent leader. Turns out Trump isn't even the latter.

Will probably go down as one of the five worst presidents in U.S. history, along with Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, and Warren G. Harding.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 08:06:39 AM »

I voted FF in the last poll (first time I ever voted FF for Trump), but this time I'm moving to neutral.

He hasn't really upset me but he's definitely been underwhelming so far (which is a positive and a negative, in different ways).

Reversing the Mexico city policy was great, appointing Gorsuch was great, his support for Israel is great. Nikki Haley has been solid as Ambassador to UN so far and Rex Tillerson as SOS has been decent so far.

But, he and the GOP have fumbled the football on healthcare and have likely done permanent damage to the conservative position on the issue. I'm hoping the damage can be contained but I'm very pissed atm on how the party is handling it.

Michael Flynn was a disgrace to the country and while I'm glad he resigned I believe he should've never been Nat. Sec. Adviser to begin with.

However, the alt-right and Trump's hardcore base of idiots have pissed me off the most. People like me (reluctant Trump voters in '16) will be necessary for him in 2020 and yet the alt-right is idiotically harassing us again.

My commitment is to the Constitution and Real Conservatism, not to Trump Populism.
well i wouldn't call myself a movement conservative. but i sympathize with some of your concerns. tillerson is fantastic, even better than i thought he would be. he would make a fine president. what would you prefer to be done about healthcare?
Prosperum
Rookie
Israel

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 08:55:32 AM »

Massive HP
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 09:20:08 AM »

FF, and getting better everyday. So much winning.
peterthlee
China

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 09:24:43 AM »

Massive HP for underpinning far-right nationalism, undermining judicial independence ('so-called judges') and despising free press, as well as trampling basic human rights.
His business strategies are glorious, though.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 11:41:52 AM »

Calling this worthless sack of s*** "HP" would be far too forgiving...
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 01:31:11 PM »

Despite holding more classic conservative views than Trump, I say FF.

I love his terrifying the "establishment". The establishment and globalization is something that I never realized until recently was what I disliked the most. The politically-correct society built pretty much since the end of the Cold War. This could be why I have always felt like history/politics/current events began to suck around the time I began following them in the mid-90s. It was globalization. His "drain the swamp" attitude and the way it terrifies these people is wonderful. Jacksonian, perhaps in a way.

I also love his gutting of regulations, big time.

Still waiting for Healthcare replacement and tax cuts.

Plus he will likely make the Supreme Court conservative for a decade or two.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 08:09:57 PM »

well i wouldn't call myself a movement conservative. but i sympathize with some of your concerns. tillerson is fantastic, even better than i thought he would be. he would make a fine president. what would you prefer to be done about healthcare?

I wanted to see a plan that was years in the making. One that eliminates the individual mandate while also solving the issue of pre-existing conditions. I wanted a plan that would legitimately promote national tort reform and put forward a market-based healthcare system that helps the average American.

Instead, we are seeing a frankenstein healthcare plan that's half-conservative, half-obamacare style corporatism.

Healthcare isn't my forte when it comes to policy, so I can't give every little detail I'd like to see occur but I do know laziness when I see it and that's what the GOP is proposing.

I don't blame Paul Ryan, though. He's actually one of the only policy wonks in the party's leadership. The problem is that the GOP didn't think we'd win in 2016 and thus didn't make create any legitimate Obamacare replacement in the past few years.

I was very interested in a plan that Richard Burr semi-proposed in like 2012-2013. And the Collins-Cassidy Plan that was brought up in early Jan. And Rand Paul's potential proposal.

But, no, we got this current plan. And none of those plans above even got legitimate consideration.
SATW
SunriseAroundTheWorld
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 08:17:17 PM »
« Edited: March 18, 2017, 08:19:30 PM by SunriseAroundTheWorld »

https://www.paul.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/ObamacareReplacementActSections.pdf (Rand's Plan)

https://energycommerce.house.gov/news-center/press-releases/burr-hatch-upton-unveil-obamacare-replacement-plan (Burr's plan, which was co-sponsored w/ Coburn, Hatch and Upton in 2015, sorry for being off on the year)

(Forbes article on it as well: https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2015/02/05/the-impressive-new-obamacare-replace-plan-from-republicans-burr-hatch-and-upton/#e71119d56eb6)

https://www.collins.senate.gov/newsroom/cassidy-collins-introduce-comprehensive-obamacare-replacement-plan (Collins-Cassidy plan)

Each of these plans have their flaws (can be criticized from the left and right) but are all much preferable to me then Obamacare or Ryan/Trumpcare.

Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2017, 10:16:18 PM »

HP, I strongly dislike him.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2017, 11:07:02 PM »

An immoral, cheating POS.  The antithesis of family values.

No point in going into the politics too much (other red avvie ,maroon avvie, RINO Tom-esque characters can go into that), except that somehow, that's the best part.

ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2017, 11:14:56 PM »

HP, cause of character flaws on a whole different level, imho and being of an autocratic mind, without any respect for democracy, liberalism (old and new) and the free media.
peterthlee
China

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2017, 11:55:24 PM »

He received a lower percentage of HP vote than Tom Cotton, haha!
Clarence Boddicker

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -5.91

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 08:40:58 AM »

Dreadful, and hopefully just an embarrassing footnote in our history.
Representative simossad
simossad
Germany

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2017, 08:44:46 AM »

He makes me thinking of Angela Merkel as a great chancellor, and that's a thing.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2017, 09:26:18 AM »

Lean HP.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2017, 10:00:36 AM »

Unfit to serve as president, due to a general weakness in character, a narcissistic personality disorder, inexperience, and incompetence.
pretty much this
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2017, 10:47:45 AM »

https://www.paul.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/ObamacareReplacementActSections.pdf (Rand's Plan)

https://energycommerce.house.gov/news-center/press-releases/burr-hatch-upton-unveil-obamacare-replacement-plan (Burr's plan, which was co-sponsored w/ Coburn, Hatch and Upton in 2015, sorry for being off on the year)

(Forbes article on it as well: https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2015/02/05/the-impressive-new-obamacare-replace-plan-from-republicans-burr-hatch-and-upton/#e71119d56eb6)

https://www.collins.senate.gov/newsroom/cassidy-collins-introduce-comprehensive-obamacare-replacement-plan (Collins-Cassidy plan)

Each of these plans have their flaws (can be criticized from the left and right) but are all much preferable to me then Obamacare or Ryan/Trumpcare.

I mean, I guess the Collins-Cassidy plan is okay. I would prefer to see a Collins-Murkowski plan, or a Wyden-Collins plan, but that is the most preferable of all those.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2017, 11:15:17 AM »

He clearly doesn't 'belong' in the White House, and doesn't make much if any effort to act Presidential -which I have no doubt plays well with his godforsaken base of supporters. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies