2017 French Presidential Election (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:19:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2017 French Presidential Election (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2017 French Presidential Election  (Read 104427 times)
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« on: March 20, 2017, 03:39:35 PM »

Dear God, that translator for Melenchon and Hamon on France24 English is so terrible.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 03:51:53 PM »

Dear God, that translator for Melenchon and Hamon on France24 English is so terrible.

I get that it's difficult to do live translations but I'm struggling to get some of what they candidates are saying. The Guardian live feed is pretty good at summing up what they are saying so I'm reading that too.

But Le Pen, Macron and Fillon translators are pretty good. Hamon and Melenchon just got the worst guy. 
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 04:54:11 PM »

Ugh, Hamon about unconditional basic income a little bit clueless.

And Le Pen is nothing close to the best, she all the time do not talk about the topic, she just talk about what she wants.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 05:01:51 PM »

Ugh, Hamon about unconditional basic income a little bit clueless.

And Le Pen is nothing close to the best, she all the time do not talk about the topic, she just talk about what she wants.

Yeah, but that's why she is the most convincing. The problem is she is lying through her teeth and nobody brought up the fact that single most powerful lobby on the floor today is the Russian one, backing her.

Well for me it's just a sign of incompetence, she don't know what to talk about energy plants so she talks about agriculture. But I understand that for her electorate this really doesn't matter.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 06:36:29 PM »

Level of debate was pretty good, especially compared to Polish ones and I think Kal will agree with me.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 03:29:03 PM »

I am watching but I don't understand anything. I wish to understand what Arthaud and Poutou were talking about .
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 03:47:24 PM »

Haha. Well Poutou did his job about moralization of public life.

What did he said? Sad
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 04:47:42 AM »

Hamon voters needs to stop wasting their vote if we want to win this thing over the three undesirables. They are absolutely blowing this for us. How can they be so short-sighted.
Didn't you vote for Jill Stein?

Can you blame him when a fraud like Hillary was on the ticket for Dems? Never understood how someone so radically left with -8 odd Eco score can support a centrist like HRC, but anyways...

Let's look at the Hillary alternative candidates:

-Donald Trump
-The social darwinists of the Libertarian Party.
-Some crazy lady who paid a friendly visit to Putin and thinks wi-fi causes brain damage and her running mate who thinks Jews shot down MH17, that Bernie Sanders is a white supremacist, and that Assad's shame elections are paragons of democracy to be celebrated.
-A Mormon who is basically a normal Republican.
-A bunch of assorted fringe right crazies and various Trot or fringe left crazies.

Please tell me which of these was a better option than Hillary.

Donald Trump
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2017, 04:39:06 PM »

Man, I was hoping that Assileneau surge would maintain. He was my dark horse for surprise small candidate.

I bet on Lasalle

Fingers crossed!
As someone of Bearnais/French Basque descent I agree

Tbh I'd vote for Lassalle over most of the "reasonable" candidates. He's definitely a weirdo, but he's also incredibly genuine and his proposed politices are pretty good overall.

On that other Atlas I mentioned that I also switched my support for Lassalle, and as there are some people taking him seriously I think that this is worthy to mention. I've read his program and I agree that his policies are very nice (although in my opinion there were a little too little about foreign policy but he is kind of localist candidate so this is kind of logical).
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2017, 02:02:19 AM »

I'm hoping Mélenchon surprises everybody and makes the runoff. He's probably the best person to lead France after the disaster Hollande's been, since poor Hamon has no chance. Macron just comes off as more of the same old guard, just rebranded and made younger.

I'm concerned about Melenchon's russophilia... Macron's pro-EU stance makes him much more favorable in my opinion, although the French may disagree.

Why are leftists behaving this way about Russia? This is absolutely ludicrous.

Because Russia is as imperialistic as USA? They are just warmongers oppressing people.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2017, 06:45:02 AM »

I've seen some results for Guadalupe, Martinique and Guyane on the internet. How well was Melenchon supposed to do in these areas?

Those were probably fake.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2017, 07:51:18 AM »

It's completely ridiculous that communist candidate Melenchon has so much support. France is no longer a great country it once was and Hollande's term was a disaster but that guy would take France into an even worst level.

Generally speaking no one of these four candidates come to me as really good. Three of them are pro-Putin (and this is by no means the only bad thing about them), while the last one seem to be content with current situation: struggling economy and terrorist danger. If I had to chose I would pick Fillon as the best of the worst but I am no fan of him.

I predict Le Pen and Fillon/Macron to go through and one of the last two to win in May. However it is a pretty open race between the four today.

Melenchon is not communist.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies