Clinton: 'I'm ready to come out of the woods'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:32:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Clinton: 'I'm ready to come out of the woods'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Clinton: 'I'm ready to come out of the woods'  (Read 3195 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2017, 02:13:28 AM »

Oh, cry me a f**king river. Public figures, especially people who are seeking leadership roles through the democratic process, deserve to be held to a higher standard and to meet criticism far harsher than your average Joe. That's how politics works.

The fact that you get so worked up about this suggests to me that you, on the other hand, are way too emotionally attached to a woman you've never met than you should be.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2017, 02:16:48 AM »

The hatred for Clinton here is getting vile.

Yeah, how dare people suggest that a politician who has led her party to a historically humiliating defeat should maybe just enjoy retirement... Roll Eyes

People like you are personally attacking her as if she isn't even a decent human being. She won the popular vote by 2 points and only lost (very narrowly) due to an archaic electoral system against someone perfectly designed to counter her.

S**t like this:
As much as some of you want it to happen, Hillary isn't the type of person to go lay down in a corner and wait for death.

By "some of you" you mean the overwhelming majority of American voters? Yeah, I realize she doesn't give a sh*t about them.

is disgusting. Reading through, you seem to be among the worst about this. There is a level of human decency that everyone is entitled to(until forfieting it by doing things like everything donald has done), and Clinton is not getting it.
Clinton is not a horrible person, but is person that has done many horrible actions and who has made awful political decisions in the past , and lost because of her horrible and stupid strategy in 2016, and actions made by her campaign to supporters of different campaigns, and in many cases her simple disregard for working class america, to focus on getting votes of upper-class white people, which worked wonderfully mind you.

She lost, because she didn't campaign in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and thought she could disregard the votes of downtrodden white people, with her campaigning having lower # votes amongst working class whites, blacks and hispanics. She knew what electoral startegy was iin place duirng the election, she dodn't formulate a strategy to get a majoirty of the Electoral Votes.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2017, 03:43:22 AM »

Boo Hoo! People don't want a repeated failed candidate to be involved in politcs.

It doesn't matter that Hillary didn't win the Presidency. She was Senator from New York for almost 8 years and Secretary of State for 4 years. It's not like she's another Trump who has no political experience. New Yorkers like her and if they want her for their mayor, then it's no business of yours. And from the looks of your avatar, our politics is no business of yours anyway. Why do you care so much what Hillary does?
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2017, 03:49:50 AM »

Boo Hoo! People don't want a repeated failed candidate to be involved in politcs.

It doesn't matter that Hillary didn't win the Presidency. She was Senator from New York for almost 8 years and Secretary of State for 4 years. It's not like she's another Trump who has no political experience. New Yorkers like her and if they want her for their mayor, then it's no business of yours. And from the looks of your avatar, our politics is no business of yours anyway. Why do you care so much what Hillary does?

So people outside can't comment on politics, that settles it then! No-one outside of the US can call out Trump or any candidate!. Politics is universal, so I can comment on the fact that I do not want her to hold any political power.

Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2017, 02:03:20 PM »

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2017, 02:08:02 PM »

I don't hate Clinton. She's great. She was very wronged, very wronged. Society's persecution of her proves the worst.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2017, 02:11:40 PM »

Truly sad, how we've forgotten the true victim of the Trump Presidency: Hillary Clinton. Cry
Chief Justice Keef
etr906
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2017, 02:16:10 PM »

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2017, 03:02:14 PM »

Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2017, 03:54:43 PM »

Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2017, 06:15:24 PM »

She's going to run in 2020, mark my words.

I disagree. She will be too old and won't have the energy she has now. Losing to Obama who was very popular was not that big of a deal, but losing to a guy as weird as Trump, hopefully she's smart enough to realize that there just isn't the backing for her to be President.

At least this is what I hope.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2017, 06:18:45 PM »

I don't hate Clinton. She's great. She was very wronged, very wronged. Society's persecution of her proves the worst.

No, the American people and the world were wronger by her incompetence, giving the presidency to Trump. Making her a martyr saint shows people still don't understand what happened and why.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2017, 06:22:58 PM »

People like you are personally attacking her as if she isn't even a decent human being.

I guess I'll be open, I don't consider Hillary a decent human being, merely more acceptable than most of her 2016 opponents. 80% of them does not deserve being called a decent human beings anyway.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

It still doesn't change the fact it was her bloody election to lose, we can either keep making excuses or learn something from that disaster.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2017, 06:27:32 PM »
« Edited: March 20, 2017, 07:09:59 PM by Devout Centrist »

I doubt it, unless McCaskill wins. If that happens, I give up on predicting politics.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2017, 07:07:13 PM »

Is it Hillary's fault that she lost, or is it the fault of those who voted for Trump? I say people who voted for Trump ought to be ashamed of themselves for sticking our country with a guy like that.

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2017, 08:10:21 PM »

Yeah, I don't think so.  I mean, anything's possible, but Clinton is way down my list of people who are likely to run for the nomination.  At this very early stage though, I think only Booker and O'Malley are >50% likely to run.  Then there are probably ~20 people somewhere in the 20-50% likely to run range, and Clinton's below that.  I wouldn't include her in my top 25 list of likeliest candidates.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2017, 08:13:39 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised. She wants to be president more than anything else. There's nothing inherently wrong with that ambition, but is it feasible at this point for her? I doubt it.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2017, 08:16:23 PM »

Please, Hillary go back into the woods, because you'd meet some nice deplorables Smiley
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2017, 08:56:39 PM »

No, the American people and the world were wronger by her incompetence, giving the presidency to Trump. Making her a martyr saint shows people still don't understand what happened and why.

Oh, we understand what happened. This country is so misogynistic it would rather elect Donald Trump than a conventional politician who happens to be a progressive woman.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2017, 09:15:47 PM »

Oh, we understand what happened. This country is so misogynistic it would rather elect Donald Trump than a conventional politician who happens to be a progressive woman.

Out of curiosity Beet, are you therefore hoping that the Dems nominate a man in 2020, because he'd have a better chance of beating Trump, or are you neutral (or even rooting for a woman) despite the odds?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2017, 09:16:49 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2017, 11:38:35 AM by ProgressiveCanadian »

Delusional Clintonites attacking a majority of Americans is always sad. Even if you do like Clinton it's a terrible political strategy to support her still. No one believes this crap anymore, it would be good for Democrats to let her fade into the distance.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2017, 09:29:57 PM »

Clinton isn't going to run for another office and most people know that, but choose to ponder that anyway. It's not like she needs to anyway, because life would be more comfortable for her if she didn't run for office. After last year, why would anyone want to run for President again? It seems like her detractors want her to run more than anyone else.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2017, 09:35:21 PM »

Out of curiosity Beet, are you therefore hoping that the Dems nominate a man in 2020, because he'd have a better chance of beating Trump, or are you neutral (or even rooting for a woman) despite the odds?

Who knows? The woman with the highest chance at getting the nomination (Gabbard) is not one I am rooting for.
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2017, 09:35:58 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised. She wants to be president more than anything else. There's nothing inherently wrong with that ambition, but is it feasible at this point for her? I doubt it.

Gotta ask you, where did you get the information that Hillary wants to be President more than anything else? I read a different angle, that she felt it was expected of her. I read that somewhere and the source of the info was Bill Clinton.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2017, 10:49:40 PM »
« Edited: March 21, 2017, 10:36:34 AM by Shadows »

No1 knows if she will run againin 2020 & it is true that she doesn't deserve to be attacked because of that. But you can't make her a demi-god & above criticism if she runs again. She lost to the most hated & disliked candidate in history (someone whom his party abandoned & his VP ran away from a bus after the sexual assault tape came). He lost to freaking Trump.

And that lost cost dearly. Senate seats in WI, PA, NC, MO, etc could & should have gone Blue if Clinton performed a bit better (which she should have) - Every Senate seat went the way of the top of the ticket. The Senate should have been 52/53 Dem atleast & only 2 wins came from 10-12 winnable seats (Look at the 2018/2020 Senate map, this was a golden opportunity lost).

And Gorsuch is also on her loss - With a new liberal judge & replacement for the RBG & Breyer, the SC will be 5-4 with a liberal majority for decades with no Citizens United. Now you will have a conservative majority SC for 10-15 years & if anything happens to RBG, it will go radical right for 10-15 years atleast.

None of these - The Meals on Wheel stuff, EPA cuts, Trumpcare would have happened without her. But worst of all is the SC court - People are hoping for 84 year old RBG who has had cancer twice to stay strong for 4 more years !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies