Trump: Elizabeth Warren as my opponent “would be a dream come true”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:04:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump: Elizabeth Warren as my opponent “would be a dream come true”
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Trump: Elizabeth Warren as my opponent “would be a dream come true”  (Read 4539 times)
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2017, 02:11:25 PM »

Even though I gave the above posts a hard time, intuition says they're representative of the attitudes of many voters who swung to Trump. Not sure what the prospects are for winning them back and what effect that reality will have on the primaries. On the one hand, Democrats seem to be having some of electability jitters losing Republicans had 4 years ago. Remember when Rubio and Christie looked like they'd be well armed with electability cases in the primaries but maybe not enough to overcome Scott Walker's appeal to the base?

I’m not sure electability matters as much in an election with an incumbent.  2020 will probably be a referendum on Trump, so probably just about anyone capable of winning the nomination would be able to win the general election if Trump is unpopular.  (And won't be able to win if he's popular.)

You’d think this logic would hold as well even in elections without an incumbent, but it often doesn’t work that way.  E.g., Bill Clinton’s popularity not rubbing off on Gore, and ditto for Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Yeah, that's true. Which means Trump looking vulnerable might well attract a field the size of GOP 2016.

Can you think of 17 Democrats trying to defeat Trump?
Warren, Booker, Cuomo, Murphy, Hickenlooper, Tulsi, Castro, Bullock, Wolf, Bel Edwards, Cooper, Gilbrand, Newsome, Franken, Heinrich, DeBlasio, and Schatz
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2017, 05:30:10 PM »

Trump is name checking her (or rather, name checking "Pocahontas") as someone who might be running against him in 2020 yet again:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-pocahontas-elizabeth-warren-nra_us_59038939e4b05c39767f41fa

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2017, 08:50:29 AM »

Trump is name checking her (or rather, name checking "Pocahontas") as someone who might be running against him in 2020 yet again:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-pocahontas-elizabeth-warren-nra_us_59038939e4b05c39767f41fa

Man LOOOVES the campaign trail. Gotta give him that. Loves the crowds. Loves the adoration.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2017, 09:39:59 AM »

Man LOOOVES the campaign trail. Gotta give him that. Loves the crowds. Loves the adoration.
If Bush 41 had been that way, he'd have been re-elected in 1992.
I Won - Get Over It
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2017, 02:35:26 PM »

Interesting! It seems like Trump wants her to run. So he makes it personal by calling her out, which makes her run more probable, I think.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2017, 08:05:00 AM »

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/332456-in-warren-white-house-sees-potential-2020-foe

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2017, 12:27:40 PM »

God, just reading the horrible grammar and lack of sentence structure in his quotes makes me squirmy.

Just tell yourself it's random noises coming from a mechanical head that your brain is forcing itself to try and make sense out of. That's close enough to the truth anyway.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2017, 03:52:38 PM »

It would. If anyone thinks she's the candidate to win back those Obama-Trump voters, they're nuts. She's easier to attack and dog-whistle against than Hillary.

And Trump was supposed to be exactly the wrong candidate to break the Obama coalition and beat Hillary Clinton.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2017, 05:07:48 PM »

*bump*

Trump can't stop talking about Warren.  When asked about her in a Fox interview, he says that she has too much "hatred" and "anger", is "a highly overrated voice", and was probably an electoral drag on Hillary Clinton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niJJo_W9zDc
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2017, 06:49:03 AM »

Warren has zero chance at the presidency. Ted Cruz would thrash her
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »