Trump: Elizabeth Warren as my opponent “would be a dream come true” (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:23:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump: Elizabeth Warren as my opponent “would be a dream come true” (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: Elizabeth Warren as my opponent “would be a dream come true”  (Read 4580 times)
McGovernForPrez

« on: March 19, 2017, 01:43:38 AM »

I love Warren but I really don't want her to run. She's just not the right person to reach the oval office. She's my Senator and I'd vote for her in a heartbeat in the general election, but that coastal elite persona is a really tough one to shake. Most of that is because she's following up the actual coastal elite Hillary Clinton. If she lost the general my heart would be broken, because she'd be cast in the same lot as Hillary's dumpster fire of a campaign. Democrats need a progressive with some sort of down to earth charm. Bernie had it, but will probably be too old to run in 2020 (but he hasn't ruled it out). Maybe Sherrod Brown, but I don't know if he has quite enough personal charisma to pull it off. I think really think Steve Bullock could easily set himself up to be that person in 2020. He's a relatively unknown governor from a small landlocked state, he's very charismatic (watch his debate vs Gianforte), and he has some liberal street cred from when he fought against the Citizens United ruling as attorney general. He'll have the freedom to position himself however he wants on national issues since he's never had to deal with them as a governor. Senators make for bad presidential candidates in general. Only three have ever been elected straight from office. Anyways point is that Lizzie is better off being a progressive leader in the Senate than as Presidential nominee.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 02:32:12 AM »

Sherrod Brown, Al Franken, some random dark horse, are all safer bets anyway. Though to be fair, Warren still absolutely has the potential to win and she's miles better than Cuomo or Booker.
Yeah Warren is definitely better than Booker. Class based politics are definitely in vogue right now. The last thing we'd want is a wealthy tech entrepreneur trying to court working class whites in Wisconsin. He'll just look like a third rate Obama.
McGovernForPrez

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 11:08:33 AM »

Ya someone else has joined by Bullock bandwagon
I been on the Bullock bandwagon. He's easily one of the strongest candidates Democrats could run in 2020.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies