Trump: Elizabeth Warren as my opponent “would be a dream come true” (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:04:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Trump: Elizabeth Warren as my opponent “would be a dream come true” (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump: Elizabeth Warren as my opponent “would be a dream come true”  (Read 4679 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 05, 2017, 10:14:54 PM »

Under any sort of normal election, I cannot see Warren carrying Ohio and Iowa.  I can see her taking Wisconsin and Michigan, but I'm not sure about Pennsylvania.  Indeed, I wonder if Warren would carry Virginia against an incumbent President Trump. 

The "Pocahontas" image of Warren is real; she's viewed by many of the voters she needs as something of a fake and a poser.  This is a personal observation, but Warren comes off (to me) as someone who's always been an Ivory Tower Academic who's never really done any kind of hard, laborious work, even if it was only in her college cafeteria or a summer job.  Pretty Boys like George W. Bush get by that with military service, even "Champagne Unit" service, and it's unfair.  Warren worked as a waitress in a restaurant owned by an aunt as a 13 year old when the family fell on hard times.  But people don't see that in her instinctively, and that hurts her.

The fake Native American stuff really does compromise her image.  Warren's task is to get by the "Pocahontas" stuff and recover some authenticity.  I don't know, honestly, what she'd do to get by it.  For Warren to win, Trump would have to be pretty bad for a long time.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 05:05:28 PM »

It won't take a white man to defeat Trump, so let's just stop pushing the notion that gender or race should factor in who is the nominee. Warren could easily defeat Trump, because she is progressive, but still pragmatic enough to win over swing voters. Besides that, Trump won by about 70k votes across three states to secure 270 and lost the popular vote by millions, so he's far from being in a position of being that secure against credible candidates.
>let's stop pushing the notion that gender or race should factor in who is the nominee
>the nominee shouldn't be a white male

Did you guys (the Democrats) learn ANYTHING about identity politics from last year's election? This is the one reason I won't join the Democratic Party (and why I endorsed Trump despite being center-left), the f'ing identity politics!
The highlighted sentence describes me well.  I'm a registered Republican, but an actual RINO; however the Democrats have gone off the deep end with identity politics.

The Democrats need to concentrate on nominating a candidate who appears to be the most experienced, most competent, and most ready to lead.  For the Democrats, what was a hopeless negative in 2016 will need to be the biggest positive if they are to dump a sitting President.  Nominating a rock star, flavor-of-the-month newcomer will cause them to lose Virginia and Minnesota, in addition to what they lost in 2016. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 09:39:59 AM »

Trump is name checking her (or rather, name checking "Pocahontas") as someone who might be running against him in 2020 yet again:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-pocahontas-elizabeth-warren-nra_us_59038939e4b05c39767f41fa

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Man LOOOVES the campaign trail. Gotta give him that. Loves the crowds. Loves the adoration.
If Bush 41 had been that way, he'd have been re-elected in 1992.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies