Calling Bernie Sanders “Bernie” (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:56:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Calling Bernie Sanders “Bernie” (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which of these applies to you?
I backed Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primaries, and refer to him as “Bernie” for short

I backed Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primaries, and refer to him as “Sanders” for short

I did not back Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primaries, and refer to him as “Bernie” for short

I did not back Bernie Sanders in the 2016 primaries, and refer to him as “Sanders” for short

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 84

Author Topic: Calling Bernie Sanders “Bernie”  (Read 2183 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 18, 2017, 09:11:28 PM »

Seems like Bernie Sanders supporters tend to call him “Bernie”, rather than using the convention of referring to politicians by their last name.  It reminds me of Ron Paul backers calling him “Dr. Paul”.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 09:45:23 PM »

Sure, he's most widely known as Bernie and I don't see what's wrong with calling him that.

I'm not saying it's wrong.  I'm just saying that I've observed that it's mostly his supporters who call him "Bernie", whereas non-supporters call him "Sanders".  The latter is more in line with how most politicians are referred to by last name.  E.g., "Trump" is more common than "Donald" and "O'Malley" is more common than "Martin".  Or maybe it's a generational thing.  I don't know.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 10:19:28 AM »

Thanks Morden for bringing up this most important issue. What would we do without you?

I ask myself that question every day.  The only possible conclusion is that you would all leave and do something else, because the forum would be boring without me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies