Most Young Americans See Trump as an Illegitimate President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:22:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Most Young Americans See Trump as an Illegitimate President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most Young Americans See Trump as an Illegitimate President  (Read 2345 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: March 19, 2017, 12:16:40 AM »

One thing I don't understand is why the "Disapprove" number for all adults in the second graph is smaller than all the others.  Is it a typo?

It is lower than the numbers for all groups of non-white but higher than that for whites.

That is true for Approve, but not Disapprove. I would note that Approve + Disapprove only adds up to 84%.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 01:37:02 AM »

I still don't understand what it means to claim that a president is "illegitimate."

Without defining the word before asking it, there is no way to know what that poll result truly means, but I'd venture a guess that most people think that Trump didn't "win" fairly (or in other words, he cheated, whether it was literally changing votes or just getting Russians to hack his political opponents and release embarrassing information)

Those are reasonable guesses, but like the poll that showed most Dems favoring impeachment and Republicans embracing birtherism, I suspect lots of people are using this as a shorthand for disapproval.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies