Most Young Americans See Trump as an Illegitimate President (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:05:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Most Young Americans See Trump as an Illegitimate President (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most Young Americans See Trump as an Illegitimate President  (Read 2348 times)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 19, 2017, 01:51:44 PM »

I still don't understand what it means to claim that a president is "illegitimate."

Considering that the current President was politically rewarded in spite of his nakedly crass and racist trolling about the previous (black, Democratic) President's birth certificate and college transcripts (or let's be real, because of said trolling - at least, initially in the development of his recent mass media-based self-promoting political hucksterism, which quickly turned into a successful career as a politician (though what's the difference these days?)),  I think it's understandable - though rather petty and ultimately counterproductive - for a lot of Democrats/Obama supporters to feel this way toward Trump.

(This isn't taking into account the griping about the Electoral College as well as the Vast Right-Wing FBI/Russia/WikiLeaks Conspiracy that supposedly installed Donald Trump as President.)
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 06:52:26 PM »

Considering that the current President was politically rewarded in spite of his nakedly crass and racist trolling about the previous (black, Democratic) President's birth certificate and college transcripts (or let's be real, because of said trolling - at least, initially in the development of his recent mass media-based self-promoting political hucksterism, which quickly turned into a successful career as a politician (though what's the difference these days?)),  I think it's understandable - though rather petty and ultimately counterproductive - for a lot of Democrats/Obama supporters to feel this way toward Trump.

This is not a substantive comment, and I'm verbose enough to run the risk of inclusion in the Irony Ore Mine, but this is one hell of a sentence. I'm not sure that I could diagram it if I tried.

Fair enough. I am indeed, often too verbose. As far as the lack of substance to my comment, I don't think that debating Trump's "illegitimacy" as a President will produce anything substantive regardless, and I suspect you agree there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies