Kirsten Gillibrand versus Donald Trump
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:01:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kirsten Gillibrand versus Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kirsten Gillibrand versus Donald Trump  (Read 874 times)
The Arizonan
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 19, 2017, 10:58:00 PM »

Let's say that Kirsten Gillibrand ran for president and somehow defeated Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton in the Democratic primaries, how well does she fare against the Donald in the general election?

I'd say that she wins by a comfortable margin because she doesn't have all of Hillary Clinton's negatives and there isn't much Donald Trump, who is a horrible candidate, can use against her.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 11:58:29 PM »

I don't see Gillibrand running against Clinton, so the likely scenario is that Clinton doesn't run.

I think she might have actually won. Probably a stronger 2016 candidate than 2020, all else equal.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 07:59:37 PM »

I think she would be one of the strongest candidates the Dems could put up.  While it wouldn't be inaccurate to call her an establishment player, she has a progressive enough record to bring most of the Berners on board, and also has a great personality.  It not would surprise me if the race comes down to her against Booker--in which case, I really hope she'd win.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 08:01:59 PM »

I think she would be one of the strongest candidates the Dems could put up.  While it wouldn't be inaccurate to call her an establishment player, she has a progressive enough record to bring most of the Berners on board, and also has a great personality.  It not would surprise me if the race comes down to her against Booker--in which case, I really hope she'd win.

This is a hypothetical about 2016 though, so in this hypothetical she would have run against Sanders in the primary.  Hence, the Sanders crowd would have found reasons to not like her.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 08:02:52 PM »

This is a hypothetical about 2016 though, so in this hypothetical she would have run against Sanders in the primary.  Hence, the Sanders crowd would have found reasons to not like her.

Oops, I thought this was the 2020 board.  Shouldn't the 2016 board be archived by now?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 08:04:11 PM »

Oops, I thought this was the 2020 board.  Shouldn't the 2016 board be archived by now?

I'm not a moderator anymore, so it's not my problem.  Tongue
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 12:42:36 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2017, 02:00:26 AM by Da2017 »

Almost any candidate not named Hillary Clinton would have beaten Trump. I'm sure Gillibrand would win rather easily. What will republicans use against her? Can't find any baggage on her. I accidently posted multiple times. Did not see my post go through. I delated them.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 12:08:27 PM »

I'm not sure that Sanders would have run in this scenario. Sanders said in real life that he would only run if there was no other "progressive" in the race. If Clinton stays out, it probably leads to a bunch of other people running, probably some of whom at least would be "progressive" enough for Sanders. In fact I'm pretty sure Sanders and Gillibrand had a good relationship prior to 2016, so I wouldn't be shocked if Sanders stays out and endorses Gillibrand here.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies